Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

needaticket.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Whats the story with the General Reserve seating tickets? I've been let down big time today, so I'm on the verge of purchasing 2 Katy Perry tickets for tomorrow off needaticket.

Should I pay the extra for standing?

Also has anyone ever bought tickets so close to an event?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

elvisn wrote: »
    Whats the story with the General Reserve seating tickets? I've been let down big time today, so I'm on the verge of purchasing 2 Katy Perry tickets for tomorrow off needaticket.

Should I pay the extra for standing?

Also has anyone ever bought tickets so close to an event?

try here

http://toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

bought tickets from needaticket for 2many djs. they were playin the academy around paddys day anyway the day before the gig the tickets still had not arrived couldnt get thru to anyone by phone. Friend went into their office in town to say ticket had not arrived so they just gave her two. bit dodgy, considering she could of been lying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mussy

No way!! Dont go near them <SNIP>. Take your money no word of tickets. Got my fingers well and truely burned with this lot. Dont respond to calls or emails. Take your money and run. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Better off to avoid these guys if you can. I got tickets for a Rhianna concert in the O2 for the GF for Christmas last year. A few days before the gig I was informed that the tickets were for Belfast!!! Had to cancel hotel reservations and make new ones in Belfast at a stupid cost! Drove up and down from Belfast (I live in Galway!) a trip which ultimately killed my poor auld car too! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

stay away from them all, get you tickets from a legit place like ticket master. I got screwed from ticket index a while back for €480 snots so wont be venturing away from what i know anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

eBay is usually a more reliable way to go as long as the concert is close. If you don't receive tickets you can start up a paypal dispute with the seller.

I reckon what needaticket.ie do is put up tickets way overpriced for everything then when they sell tickets on their site try to source them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

My wife just got a call from these cowboys,
    ****ed her over for 4 Rihanna tickets, despite swearing they would deliver on their promoise... She even called them last week twice to confirm and on both occasions they said there will no problem...

Cowboys, left down at the last minute, a week before the gig with train tickets and hotels booked, and they guy on the phone sounded like he couldnt care less.

I would urge anyone to avoid using these lads, they are up their with the worst of 'em in terms of being scammers.

They sat on her cash and earned interest for 6 months, avoid at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paddy7654321

when I bought a ticket from them I never received my ticket and to date have not received any refund. I have since done some research and have found I am not alone as many people have had the same experience with this company, sometimes they send tickets or other times the simply take your money and say you will received the tickets 5 days before the event, they then phone up and say they have been let down by their suppliers (i am not sure how this would be possible as the supplier is ticketmaster and they would not let people down in this way.) I was waiting 8 months for my ticket and phoned up 4 days before the event to say the could not supply the ticket.
    Since the company had taken my order they have not replayed to my emails and when I have contacted them by phone and managed to get through they have been extremely rude and unhelpfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paddy7654321

https://www.facebook.com/Boycottneedaticket.ie
    Please join and spread the word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

People have been giving out stink about this lot on liveline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭skaface

we bought 2 tickets to one direction in the o2 dublin for the 24th of january. we bought them on the 1st of october for 80 euro each, including a 10 euro charge, when they were only 35 to buy. the website seemed fairly decent so i bought them. we were told that they would be sent out a week before the concert. we emailed them a few times to say when they would be sent out because it was my daughters birthday a week ago. we got a reply saying "the tickets will be sent out a week before the concert" we then replied saying if there was any way possible that they could be sent sooner due to the birthday to which we got no reply. we eventually got through to the office in dublin to a gearóid yesterday who said that his resources would be in contact with him today or tomorrow. we rang them this evening and were told that none of their contacts could get tickets. he offered the full refund and a 25% golden handshake, which is not good enough as we now have no tickets for the concert. we have train tickets to dublin and a hotel booked as we were sure we were getting the tickets as they were advertised on the website, if they didn't have tickets they shouldn't have advertised them. i would not recomend them to anyone. our daughter is devastated.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

skaface wrote: »
    if they didn't have tickets they shouldn't have advertised them.

You're buying from a tout, there's not a lot more to be said. Never deal with an unofficial supplier for any product or service, you're just asking for trouble. Charging 3 times the face value should have been enough of a warning to stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭skaface

jor el wrote: »
    You're buying from a tout, there's not a lot more to be said. Never deal with an unofficial supplier for any product or service, you're just asking for trouble. Charging 3 times the face value should have been enough of a warning to stay away from them.

they sent a full refund today with an extra 80 euro, so its not bad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jor el wrote: »

Disagree slightly, toutless.com, where fans sell tickets ONLY at face value or below is a excellent service, got loads of tickets for sold out gigs through them. Needamassiveprofit are touts though, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

skaface wrote: »
    they sent a full refund today with an extra 80 euro, so its not bad i suppose.

You're the first person I've ever heard of to receive any refund of any value from that company....

Glad you were sorted out but consider yourself one of the very very few lucky ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OutaScammer

Beware Needaticket - On the 22nd january 2012 I paid 490 E for 6No. Ireland v Scotland Six Nations tickets for game on 10th March 2012 - Needaticket took an additional 10 E for postage but never posted. Couple of days before event they rang and advised they would deliver to Hotel, so I gave address requesting they be there at certain time - no show. Rang them morning of event and they advised they would ring back and deliver later whichever pub we were in (now starting to smell a rat). They never rang - I Kept ringing and ringing and ringing but no answer and the tickets never showed - in the end I got a bit verbal with the ansaphone but what do they expect! Spoke with the IRFU and now discussing with National Consumer Agency of Ireland. Needaticket have said they will pay money back and claimed they rang but could not get through. But it has been a week now and no refund despite numerous invoices (via Paypal) and emails and calls. What about the Hotel costs, food, drink, etc? Who repays that? I warned them that if money not back by today I would let people know - DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE NOTHING IN RETURN BUT EXCUSES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cavo89

I am in the same boat, ordered 2 Rihanna tickets off them last February(2011) which he then replied back to me 2 days before the date of the concert to say his supplier had let him down. It is now over a year and I am still trying to get the refund for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bective

Three months ago, I paid needaticket €260 (more than twice the Ticketmaster price) for two normal tickets in the Davin stand at Croke Park for the May 2013 One Direction concert. The tickets still have not arrived and needaticket have so far failed to answer my queries by email and their phone was only taking voice messages.

I used needaticket only because because I was under pressure from my 13-year-old daughter who was upset after I failed to get through on the Ticketmaster website as soon as the tickets became available last May.

I am now considering bringing the matter to the attention of the National Consumer Agency and to journalists concerned with consumer issues.

My daughter is convinced, from hearsay among her friends, that the tickets will not arrive before the concert. Getting a refund is becoming an issue.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bective wrote: »
    I have just tried to post a comment on Boards in relation to needaticket. I libelled no-one. I cannot understand why my comment, with real information about the failure of the service in my case, was not published.

I mistakenly thought that your website was an open forum and am therefore unlikely to bother you again.
    The post just above this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bective

Apologies for my second message above concerning needaticket. In writing it I mistakenly thought that I had received a message from boards.ie refusing to publish my first comment.

In reading this thread, I am dismayed by some of the stories I am reading about needaticket's failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Disagree slightly, toutless.com, where fans sell tickets ONLY at face value or below is a excellent service, got loads of tickets for sold out gigs through them. Needamassiveprofit are touts though, avoid at all costs.
    I was wondering when toutless would be mentioned. People stung by sites like needaticket are really just paying a premium for not doing their research. ;)

Toutless. Great site. Never had an issue. Latest was a Fri-Sat swop for Fleetwood Mac, and actually ended up with better seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 briergirl

"I am now considering bringing the matter to the attention of the National Consumer Agency and to journalists concerned with consumer issues" Let me know how you get on

Im in the same boat as you, couldnt get tickets on Ticketmaster so bought 6 off NEEDATICKET, I spoken to them countless times and they guaranteed Id receive the tickets 2 weeks before the concert, I'm very worried now and have 3 10yrs old worried sick :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

People need to stop using these touts. I know there's pressure to bring kids to concerts but consider looking beyond the island for concerts. A Ryanair flight and 3* hotel with Ticketmaster booked tickets for Manchester/Liverpool/Birmingham/London/Paris will almost always work out cheaper and a more pleasant experience than risking heartbreak when tout sourced tickets fail to arrive..or are not genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

athtrasna wrote: »
    People need to stop using these touts. I know there's pressure to bring kids to concerts but consider looking beyond the island for concerts. A Ryanair flight and 3* hotel with Ticketmaster booked tickets for Manchester/Liverpool/Birmingham/London/Paris will almost always work out cheaper and a more pleasant experience than risking heartbreak when tout sourced tickets fail to arrive..or are not genuine.

Excuse me but what?!? Not everything in live can be had, they better learn sooner than later. If the tickets can't be got they can't be got. How can there be pressure? Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Boskowski wrote: »
    Excuse me but what?!? Not everything in live can be had, they better learn sooner than later. If the tickets can't be got they can't be got. How can there be pressure? Seriously

Read the posts, so many people paying way over the odds, in most cases for tickets for their children. It's not for us to judge them, whether you approve or not .

My point is relevant for adults too, even at Ticketmaster prices better value can often be got by travelling to a UK/European venue instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This thread is from 2007 originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If god forbid you ever are that desperate to use a tout at least use one of the sites like seatwave or guaranteed resellers.

Now ticket touts of all sorts are very low in my estimation but seatwave etc. are at least better than needaticket or premiertickets where you're transferring money blindly with no protection and a hope that you might receive your tickets or at least your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

Firstly I must say i have no affiliation with needaticket.ie but thought id post my recent experience with them. My wife bought Rugby tickets for the Ireland v Wales game as a Christmas gift. The tickets did not arrive and I must admit I was abit worried prior to the game.

The guy on the phone assured me he would meet me on the day of the game. True to his word he was there on the day and provided the tickets,he even provided me premium tickets which I wasn't expecting. I saw some negative stories about this Seller but just thought id post my recent experience with them.

Advertisement