Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

caspa307 wrote: »
    sold me on fm 2013 anyway

I think I'll pick it up on Amazon because I want it ASAP.

Don't mind waiting for Hitman though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

blobby360 wrote: »
    I think I'll pick it up on Amazon because I want it ASAP.

Don't mind waiting for Hitman though.

digital no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

caspa307 wrote: »
    digital no?

Nah... DVD for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Will Hitman and Assassins Creed 3 from WowHD activate on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Will Hitman and Assassins Creed 3 from WowHD activate on Steam?

No, Hitman doesn't activate with Steam and AC3 uses the Ubisoft DRM. I think you only need to activate once with Ubisoft now, it used to be that you always needed an internet connection to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Hitman will, Assassins Creed 3 doesn't appear to be steamworks so probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Well I pre-ordered my AC 3 for ps3 from them today, at that price you cant wrong.

Thinking about doing the same. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the box art doesn't have the PS3 excusive content (the Benedict Arnold missions) that you see on other sites, but I presume it's on all the discs anyway?

Hitman is tempting too at €37 and Journey Collector's Edition is €26.

Might buy AC3 on pre-order and if delivery time is decent then pre-order a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Crosáidí wrote: »

Which of those would be most similar to Settlers 3? Remember playing one of the newer ones a few years back and it was rubbish compared to Settlers 3:(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

sin0city wrote: »
    Thinking about doing the same. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the box art doesn't have the PS3 excusive content (the Benedict Arnold missions) that you see on other sites, but I presume it's on all the discs anyway?

Hitman is tempting too at €37 and Journey Collector's Edition is €26.

Might buy AC3 on pre-order and if delivery time is decent then pre-order a few more.

I noticed that too but I am assuming its there on the disc as its a ps3 exclusive rather than a shop exclusive.

• Advertisement

Which of those would be most similar to Settlers 3? Remember playing one of the newer ones a few years back and it was rubbish compared to Settlers 3:(

I have 7 and just bought 6 haven't played the earlier ones, 7 is ok, rather cartoonish, buildings are modular which is good, played the 1st few levels and it doesnt seem too challenging

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

settlers 7 is my new favorite settlers ever. It got back to its roots, because 5 and 6 were tits...

i completed all game and it is a lot of fun. in fact i need to reinstall it again and finish off the DLCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

HMV Galway have the new Super Slim PS3 12GB with Fifa 13 for €239.99

The Settlers 7, few quid cheaper here at €7.50
    http://getgamesgo.com/product/settlers-7-deluxe-gold-edition

and a must have game Super Meat Boy €3.24
    http://getgamesgo.com/product/super-meat-boy

2 for €12 back again

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

2 for €12 back again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

What are the two best options? I've wanted Arkham City for a while so I'll get that one, and the second one?

What are the two best options? I've wanted Arkham City for a while so I'll get that one, and the second one?

Metro, Serious Sam and Darksiders are always on sale so i'd say pick up one of the other 2, havent played either though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Metro, Serious Sam and Darksiders are always on sale so i'd say pick up one of the other 2, havent played either though

Darkness II looked like the better of the two so I went with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

2 for €12 back again

Ack! gutted that Binary domain isnt there this time. I have everything else bar Arkham City. I wonder will they add games to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Darkness 2 on PC for $5. Activates on steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JA7EWW?tag=electronicfro-20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The Darkness 2 on PC for $5. Activates on steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JA7EWW?tag=electronicfro-20

I've banned myself from buying games currently (enormous backlog to be worked through first) but by jaysus it's hard to pass that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 2 Combined ops 6.49 on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

No it's not. Still 24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lol combat operations is :(

heh well this is awkward

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That's Combat Ops as opposed to Combined Ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got resident evil revelations for €24.99 in smyths carrickmines yesterday. Not the most amazing deal you'll ever see, but i think i saw someone looking for it at a decent price on a thread here recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Got resident evil revelations for €24.99 in smyths carrickmines yesterday. Not the most amazing deal you'll ever see, but i think i saw someone looking for it at a decent price on a thread here recently.

Yeah, I was in Derry yesterday and picked it up in Smyths for £19.99. Really couldn't say no at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ol' Donie wrote: »

The new one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement