Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new bed frame and mattress?

• 15-04-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am living in Donegal and not really sure where to go to buy a new bed. I am looking for a double and there is not a great selection of bed frames in argos and they are pretty expensive. Is there anywhere else that would be good to look at, I can't seem to find anything online. There is a really nice bed frame Devon Double 2 Drawer Bed Frame - Pine Headboard. 696/0986 but the person reviewing it said they got it for half price, does anyone know if its likely to go near half price again? Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

biccies wrote: »
    I am living in Donegal and not really sure where to go to buy a new bed. I am looking for a double and there is not a great selection of bed frames in argos and they are pretty expensive. Is there anywhere else that would be good to look at, I can't seem to find anything online. There is a really nice bed frame Devon Double 2 Drawer Bed Frame - Pine Headboard. 696/0986 but the person reviewing it said they got it for half price, does anyone know if its likely to go near half price again? Thanks so much

Try beds.ie online - they have some great value frames/beds and do free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's a good bedding shop at the Mountain Top, Letterkenny beside Highland Radio.

I bought from there in the past and was more than happy with the price and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭biccies

muffler wrote: »
    There's a good bedding shop at the Mountain Top, Letterkenny beside Highland Radio.

I bought from there in the past and was more than happy with the price and quality.

Thanks, but that was the very first place we went as I wanted to actually go to a place that I could see the bed but that has been closed for ages unfortunately!! That was a great shop, anywhere else that you know of?

Thanks, but that was the very first place we went as I wanted to actually go to a place that I could see the bed but that has been closed for ages unfortunately!! That was a great shop, anywhere else that you know of?
    Doh :o ... thats how far behind the times I am. That was indeed a good spot for beds. I bought a double and also a couple of sets of bunk beds over the years and never had a problem with them. Pity they closed though.

I'll ask the missus when she's back in again and she may know of somewhere. I'll post back later

Doh :o ... thats how far behind the times I am. That was indeed a good spot for beds. I bought a double and also a couple of sets of bunk beds over the years and never had a problem with them. Pity they closed though.

I'll ask the missus when she's back in again and she may know of somewhere. I'll post back later
    Thanks very much

• Advertisement

Her good self isnt sure about other shops unless you try the likes of dhs or homebase (they own Argos btw).

Maybe you might get more replies if you get this thread moved to the Donegal forum. Just report your own post or any post here and then include a note requesting it to be moved and one of the forum mods will take care of it :)

Her good self isnt sure about other shops unless you try the likes of dhs or homebase (they own Argos btw).

Maybe you might get more replies if you get this thread moved to the Donegal forum. Just report your own post or any post here and then include a note requesting it to be moved and one of the forum mods will take care of it :)

Great, thanks!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved from BA requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

I bought most of mine from Foy and Company in Ballybofey they had a good selection of divans, metal beds and wooden beds. They have a shop in Letterkenny

I bought most of mine from Foy and Company in Ballybofey they had a good selection of divans, metal beds and wooden beds. They have a shop in Letterkenny

Great, where abouts is the shop in Letterkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭leitrim1

Have a look at these. I have one and can totally vouch for them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89975077

Free delivery also.

If you want less quality/cheaper look up bigmickey.ie on bargain alerts. Massive thread there about them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

I was in B&M bargains (Derry, strand road) last week and they have a good selection of beds at most reasonable prices...they deliver too!

There is another place that used to be a discount store on the main street opposite the quiet moment tea rooms...they have a warehouse somewhere outside the town that sells furniture too...if anyone has the name, place can they comment here??

Another place you could try is Grove furniture -(http://grovefurnishings.town.ie/) good selection of beds and mattresses - some pricey but I think you get for what you pay for! My mum buys from Grove as does my brother.

Have you tried the adverts.ie or donedeal.ie?

Ok that is all I have:)
    Good luck in your bed search :)

Great, where abouts is the shop in Letterkenny?

Its on the port road opposite Tobin's petrol station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

There are two discount furniture shops beside Charlies cafe in letterkenny, might not have what your looking for but could be worth a shot? Hegartys in Buncrana is also a good shout, they supply Respa beds who are the main stockists in the country. Muffler might know also, is Mulrines still open in Ballybofey? They used to do beds back in the day anyway!

There are two discount furniture shops beside Charlies cafe in letterkenny, might not have what your looking for but could be worth a shot? Hegartys in Buncrana is also a good shout, they supply Respa beds who are the main stockists in the country. Muffler might know also, is Mulrines still open in Ballybofey? They used to do beds back in the day anyway!
    Mulrines closed a few years ago but Mc philemys is in Ballybofey too and have a good selection of beds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I saw lovely bedroom furniture in Foys that I wanted but I actually priced it online and got it for €250 cheaper!! Be worth it shot.

Aye, Foys may not be the cheapest for furniture. McPhilimy's are reasonable I hear but I cant comment on quality as I never bought anything there.

As stated above Mulrines has fallen by the wayside. Think they closed a good few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Aye, Foys may not be the cheapest for furniture. McPhilimy's are reasonable I hear but I cant comment on quality as I never bought anything there.

As stated above Mulrines has fallen by the wayside. Think they closed a good few years ago.

Shows you how much i'm around the place anymore. My grandfather supplied them with beds for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Firblog

Have bought from Stockhouse in Donegal town, found them to be reasonable. They also run the furniture liquidation place just lk side of mcclays corner.

Thanks very much guys, I went to buncrana today and got sorted in hegartys, the rest ex in buncrana is closed also, delighted to be sorted, beats all the research online!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

LK Mattresses

Riverside shopping centre

Advertisement