Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbour issue

• 09-03-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have a neighbour that has called to my house to complain 3 times. The first was a noise issue at 9.45pm, he has children so I stop at 9 now. The second was a hedge issue but there was nothing wrong. On both occassions he behaved in what I would call an aggressive and threatning manner. On the last occassion it was related to fire damage to his plants caused by a house fire in my house. Even though it has been over a 4 year period I don't want him to call to my house in the future as it is causing upset to me and my family. Obviously there has to be communication on occassions but can I demand communication in writing or is there a case for consulting a solicitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I would say it depends on how bad things are between you and this neighbour... if they're hot headed and you actually think they're going to do something "illegal" then I would suggest dealing with them through the more formal channels...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ArcherL

I wouldn't suggest there is potential for doing anything 'illegal', however the unpredictable nature of the individual and his approach are elements I want to eradicate possibly through demanding written communication and thereby avoid any face to face confrontation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ArcherL wrote: »
    I wouldn't suggest there is potential for doing anything 'illegal', however the unpredictable nature of the individual and his approach are elements I want to eradicate possibly through demanding written communication and thereby avoid any face to face confrontation.
    have you been neighbours for long
    have you been friendly in the past
    how do the rest of the neighbours family treat you
    is this person like this with other neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I can see the situation and would sadly understand it too... go down the legal route and keep us updated... sometimes people can't be dealt with...!

Noffles wrote: »
    I can see the situation and would sadly understand it too... go down the legal route and keep us updated... sometimes people can't be dealt with...!

i would not advise that with a neighbour
    they will only get more bitter
    the question is
    are you new to the area or is he
    do you know the family
    are other neighbours getting grief from him

may be he or she is not well, has nothing better to do that watch your every move, we all have neighbours like that, pains in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ArcherL

In reply:
    4 Years

No

Very well

Unsure, am a bit cautious about discussing neighbours with other neighbours

4 years and 6 years

do you know the family
    No

may be he or she is not well, has nothing better to do that watch your every move, we all have neighbours like that, pains in the ass.
    Dont think so, mid age with kids

In reply:
    4 Years
    a very short time to be neighbours,
    No
    Very well
    4 years and 6 years
    do you know the family
    No
    may be he or she is not well, has nothing better to do that watch your every move, we all have neighbours like that, pains in the ass.

Dont think so, mid age with kids
    sounds like your homes are very close, as a fire at your home damaged some of his shrubs, which could not be helped
    sounds like someone who has bad days and good days only on the bad days everyone suffer, i am shure you are not the only neighbour getting grief, i would just jot down day date and what was said, as if things do go out of controle you can bring these things up if eventually end up in a legal situation,
    I would try a peace offering, sooner rather than later, see how that goes

Advertisement