Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summons question

• 02-03-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering what is the average time for a summons to arrive.
    I was stopped in waterford and charged with a driving offence in september last. And still have no word, now I know it will come soon and I'm dreading the thoughts but is this normal for it to be this long?

Hope it doesnt come at all :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It can take up to 10 months for a summons to arrive. the guard has six months to apply for it.The court clerk might take a few weeks before issuing it. Then it has to be served. I have seen people stopped in September have their first day in court the following May.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

what happens if the guard doesnt apply within the six months? although im sure he has

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is a matter to raise in defence when it gets to court. The judge will strike it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kieran3

happened to me last year. i was stopped and asked to show my insurance at the garda station within 12 days. it was coming up to christmas and i forgot. last july i got a summons and my solicitor went into court and got it struck out as the summons was issued over 6 months after the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

heres to hopin, eh?! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement