Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Don't normally like to post chat on a vid thread but seen nothing in the OP or thread title - ^ That GT video was incredible and then it turned into a load of CGI shíte. A glide over the car with the engine revving and fading into 'we're coming home/back' would have given me goosebumps instead of the whole - we're driving through paris at speed, hang on to your coffees stuff.

Opportunity missed imo

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Wossack

lol, reaction of the passenger is priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The Manettino was in the safest setting, and a good thing too even with his good reflexes.
    I'd say a lot of people just get in and switch all the traction stabiliity off, cos thats the first thing they do on the telly, then you're probably going to be a statistic.

I can't believe Ferrari can still do those test drives, madness really.

Anyway Nino Karotta has been fooling around in the M4. Its subtitled, but doesnt detract really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Pffft, all that money and effort and he could only skim a 2?

The Brits should have fitted it as well, a carrier is useless without it tbh.

Lard arse F35s need all the help they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

The Manettino was in the safest setting, and a good thing too even with his good reflexes.
    I'd say a lot of people just get in and switch all the traction stabiliity off, cos thats the first thing they do on the telly, then you're probably going to be a statistic.

I can't believe Ferrari can still do those test drives, madness really.

Anyway Nino Karotta has been fooling around in the M4. Its subtitled, but doesnt detract really.

I drove an M4 recently with everything turned off as much as it could be and the traction control would still cut in if you got on the power too early. Patience was the key to going fast. Saying that it was well able to get sideways even on slicks. I couldn't imagine trying to drive it hard on normal tyres on a public road in wet weather!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

amazingly neither was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would love an RX7 with an engine swap, one of the best looking 90s cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So pointless swapping out such a rare and unique engine.
    If you want to feel like your in a corvette, buy a corvette.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

CianRyan wrote: »

I would love that red car, exactly the spec I would like in an FD. These are appreciating classics, there likely be no more rotary engines, shame to swap them imo.

You would want to be a brave man to keep a rotary engine going for so long, I dont agree with the v8 they put in there, far too heavy. I would put something japanese in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You would want to be a brave man to keep a rotary engine going for so long, I dont agree with the v8 they put in there, far too heavy. I would put something japanese in.

Them aluminium blocks in the ls series are so so light. That's why they are used!
    I'd so have the rotary though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hey like the guy in the video says, keep it looked after and you will be able to enjoy it for years on end with little issue.

• Advertisement

Hey like the guy in the video says, keep it looked after and you will be able to enjoy it for years on end with little issue.

I know your stance on it before I even posted the video, but even he said one of the reasons he went single turbo was for reliability issues, I was looking at them on Donedeal and it seems they are around 6k, if I got one I would look after the rotary for as long as possible but if the engine did die I would be thinking 1jz or SR20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

I know your stance on it before I even posted the video, but even he said one of the reasons he went single turbo was for reliability issues, I was looking at them on Donedeal and it seems they are around 6k, if I got one I would look after the rotary for as long as possible but if the engine did die I would be thinking 1jz or SR20.

Why? Its so easy to rebuild a rotary compared to a piston engine and it would be a fraction of the cost of a conversion. The items he listed as troublesome are solenoids, boost hoses and relays that would be shakey in any 20yr old jap car (I had my fun with boost leaks and faulty solenoids in a 200sx).

A decent FD with faithful mods and the original engine is an investment imo, get a clean one and it will appreciate. One with an engine swap will not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You see a few old rotaries about the place. The other day I saw a RO80. So they can literally go forever.
    And +1 on the value. Original classic is always worth something. A butchered one is worth a fiver and you'll never shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I asked the same question about an RX8 a while back, I'd go for a SR20 too, but then I wouldn't be too concerned about keeping it stock, I'd rather a car I really like the look, with power and reliability to boot.

Not sure about the digital dash, but it seems quite quick.

Automann-tv
    Very quick Autobahn acceleration test of the all new 2015 Audi TT Coupe as the entry level 2.0 TFSI delivering 230 hp and 370 Nm of torque through a conventional 6-speed manual transmission (weight: 1.305 kg). I drove this car for a full week as you might have followed on Facebook and it really is one of my cars of 2015 so far. The power delivery especially in this front-wheel-drive spec is very strong and you wouldn't believe it "only" has 230 hp. It delivers significantly more sports-car flair than any GTI or Cupra out there and has a terrific interior. Also the transmission is great and the sound sticks out from many other cars on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

funky looking thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

You see a few old rotaries about the place. The other day I saw a RO80. So they can literally go forever.
    And +1 on the value. Original classic is always worth something. A butchered one is worth a fiver and you'll never shift it.

yea a couple of unmolested triple rotor cosmos of various generations pop up on our roads every year along with rx3s .929s etc :cool:

engine swaps in rotarys is a sin lads and yer all going to hell:D

should have bought an FD instead of the supra, much more fun around mondello :o

Advertisement