Best joke ye ever heard..Read first post. - Page 449 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
22-10-2014, 02:18   #6721
EoghanIRL
Registered User
 
EoghanIRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,362
What's the difference between jam and marmalade ?

Marmalade is made from citrus fruits. Originally, marmalade was made from quinces -- the word comes from 'marmelo', which is Portuguese for quince.
Marmalade is made by boiling the juice, pulp and peel of the fruit with sugar and water.

Jam can be made from any fruit (or even vegetables in some cases) and just refers to a preserve made by boiling the fruit (or veg!) with sugar.
Marrow and rhubarb are two vegetables that are commonly made into jam.
EoghanIRL is offline  
Advertisement
22-10-2014, 10:27   #6722
kingchess
Registered User
 
kingchess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the peoples republic of cork south west division
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoghanIRL View Post
What's the difference between jam and marmalade ?

Marmalade is made from citrus fruits. Originally, marmalade was made from quinces -- the word comes from 'marmelo', which is Portuguese for quince.
Marmalade is made by boiling the juice, pulp and peel of the fruit with sugar and water.

Jam can be made from any fruit (or even vegetables in some cases) and just refers to a preserve made by boiling the fruit (or veg!) with sugar.
Marrow and rhubarb are two vegetables that are commonly made into jam.
That joke is not funny--just saying,
kingchess is online now  
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2014, 10:32   #6723
whiskeyman
Registered User
 
whiskeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublinia, Hibernia
Posts: 7,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchess View Post
That joke is not funny--just saying,
It's an anti joke.
whiskeyman is offline  
(3) thanks from:
22-10-2014, 14:16   #6724
Markcheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,936
Funnily enough marrow is a fruit ... Still not funny though ... Cooking thread and after hours are thataway -> ->->
Markcheese is offline  
Thanks from:
22-10-2014, 15:15   #6725
chughes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchess View Post
That joke is not funny--just saying,
Don't be so hard on EoghanIRL, he's just trying to preserve a level of humour on this thread......
chughes is offline  
Advertisement
22-10-2014, 16:44   #6726
Savage Tyrant
Registered User
 
Savage Tyrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wicklow. Originally from Down.
Posts: 1,906
Is joke from Latvia. I tell now.

Latvian try to cross river. Has dog, potatoes, and dead son's body. Can only take two across river at one time. If he leave dog with potatoes or corpse, dog eat them. Is very sad. Also is not good boat.
Savage Tyrant is offline  
22-10-2014, 16:50   #6727
somesoldiers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Tyrant View Post
Is joke from Latvia. I tell now.

Latvian try to cross river. Has dog, potatoes, and dead son's body. Can only take two across river at one time. If he leave dog with potatoes or corpse, dog eat them. Is very sad. Also is not good boat.
was that on the Latvian version of The Office?
somesoldiers is offline  
22-10-2014, 19:31   #6728
rolliepoley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Here there everywhere
Posts: 1,385
An old nun who was living in a convent next to a construction site
noticed the coarse language of the workers
and decided to spend some time with them to correct their ways. She decided she would take her lunch;Sit with the workers; and talk with them.

She put her sandwich in a brown bag and
Walked over to the spot where the men were eating.

Sporting a big smile, she walked up to the group and asked:
"And do you men know Jesus Christ?"

They shook their heads and looked at each other. Very confused.

One of the workers looked up into the steelworks and yelled out,
"Anybody up there know Jesus Christ?"

One of the steelworkers yelled down, "Why?"

The worker yelled back,

"'Cause his wife's here with his lunch."
rolliepoley is offline  
23-10-2014, 11:29   #6729
Melendez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Tyrant View Post
Is joke from Latvia. I tell now.

Latvian try to cross river. Has dog, potatoes, and dead son's body. Can only take two across river at one time. If he leave dog with potatoes or corpse, dog eat them. Is very sad. Also is not good boat.
Not that sad. He can take the potatoes and the corpse first and then go back and get the dog. Happy days.
Melendez is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-10-2014, 12:33   #6730
Wossack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 5,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melendez View Post
Not that sad. He can take the potatoes and the corpse first and then go back and get the dog. Happy days.
Is trick question; potatoes. And without eat any, dog die of malnourish
Wossack is offline  
(2) thanks from:
23-10-2014, 15:06   #6731
TheChevron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 706
The first time I got a universal remote control, I thought to myself "This changes everything"
TheChevron is offline  
23-10-2014, 16:46   #6732
Savage Tyrant
Registered User
 
Savage Tyrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wicklow. Originally from Down.
Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wossack View Post
Is trick question; potatoes. And without eat any, dog die of malnourish
Also, is very cruel joke. Many man have dead son and malnourish dog. But how many man have more one potato?
Savage Tyrant is offline  
(2) thanks from:
23-10-2014, 17:23   #6733
MonkeyTennis
Registered User
 
MonkeyTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in your house, spitting on your fruit
Posts: 1,623
I know man. Dont think it matter for joking.
MonkeyTennis is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet