Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gmod bundle question.

• 25-01-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of building a PC for the kids' playroom, so they can play Minecraft and Gary's Mod. Looking at the Steam website they offer Gary's Mod on its own for a tenner but it needs a Source engine game to piggy back on so they have it bundled with CSS for €25.
    They also provide a list of source engine games that are suitable for running Gary's Mod and a few of them are free. Am I missing something here? Is there any good reason to spend the extra €15 on CSS, or is that bundle just there for the terminally lazy or the hard of thinking?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Those games that are listed for free are actually mods that were Greenlit, so I am not entirely sure if they actually count as suitable. Eitherway you will be missing a lot of assets even if they do work and you still don't own CSS.

I would recommend getting CSS with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

The list linked here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/ says they are.
    Even if the free ones won't cut the mustard, I could get Gmod and HL2 and still save €6.
    In theory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

milltown wrote: »
    The list linked here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/ says they are.
    Even if the free ones won't cut the mustard, I could get Gmod and HL2 and still save €6.
    In theory.

I'm not sure if that list is correct though. I have passed it on to some of the guys who manage the Steam Store to look at, those trailers definitely should not be there.

Advertisement