Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandtex Exterior vs Dulux Weathershield

• 18-11-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Which is best paint to buy? is there a massive difference in quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Dulux all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

repainted the house last year with Sandtex . I think I got better depth of colour and coverage than previous goes with Dulux!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Having used both, I can say that Sandtex is like painting with treacle..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭game4it70

Have used both for years i used to recommend weathershield but i think santex is better now.It holds up well over the years but it seems to repel rain slightly better than weathershield these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

What about colortrend? Interior stuff is very good, bit dearer but worth it.... Dunno what the exterior stuff is like with them tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

last time i got house painted outside, painter recommended dulux....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Dulux or Fleetwood weather clad. Would be my choices. Imo the are a step up on Santex. I find Colortrend good also but no better than Dulux or Fleetwood but it is more expensive

Advertisement