Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC Cancellation - The box

• 05-05-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I plan on cancelling my UPC account soon which I was using for the tv channels. Just wondering what happens to the UPC box? Does someone arrive to collect it once the contract is over? Or do we keep the box?:confused:

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

They arrange for an engineer to call to you and collect it. Took them 3 months after cancelling to send someone out to collect mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Blergtastic

T17cH wrote: »
    They arrange for an engineer to call to you and collect it. Took them 3 months after cancelling to send someone out to collect mine.

3 months?! Crikey. Thanks for replying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The box is useless to you anyway. They should collect it, or provide a freepost address for you to send it to.

jor el wrote: »
    The box is useless to you anyway.

Yup, I know. I had no intention of using it. Just wasn't sure what was to be done with it once the service was cancelled. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since it is useless, you may be tempted to bin it. Don't do that though, as it remains UPC's property, and they could charge you for the cost of it if you were to throw it away.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Since it is useless, you may be tempted to bin it. Don't do that though, as it remains UPC's property, and they could charge you for the cost of it if you were to throw it away.

Ok, will do. Thanks again.

Another question: I more than likely won't be at the billing address for the UPC box collection a month (or 3 months?!) from now. Do you think it would be alright to give them a different forwarding address from which they could collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Cable

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I cancelled mine and i have to say they were pretty good in coming to collect it. I think within 3 days, they also called to collect in the evening which ws helpful.

I didn't have all the boxes they brought it with, no issue to hand it back in a plastic bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Normally the engineer will ring you when coming out so you can give whatever address then if you want but i cant see giving them a forwarding address been a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 arden

you should charge them an uninstall fee !

• Advertisement

Thanks all! Got a call yesterday and was able to organise a pick-up date for next week.

They were helpful over the phone, but having said that, I'll never be using UPC ever again!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Are the boxes completely useless after cancellation? Have 2 sitting here and no sign of ever being collected

Have you officially shut down your upc account? As in, call them up and sent on the cancellation letter?

I did that and got a text once they received the letter to let me know that they'd ring me soon and organise the pick-up. A few days later I got a call and a date was set.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Yeah i cancelled with them,

I tried the box in someone else house and a only a couple of stations work on it,

Can i do anything to get it going again without signing back up with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gucis

If pick up date is organized, be ready for that nobody will come.

With me was such a story that collecting was organized 3 times. 3 times I came to my old flat to wait for these ''engineers'', even got no any phone call that ''sorry, we can't collect it today''.
    It was coincidence that 4th time he call me I was in that flat and he promised to come after 15 minutes. He came after 25 min, when I was gonna throw that box in a bin. It took around 2 months.
    Never ever I wish to cooperate with UPC. They even can not address the bill properly, so I will say nothing of the quality of their service.

If pick up date is organized, be ready for that nobody will come.

You were absolutely right! No one came to pick it up. No call. Nothing.

I mean, is it not in their best interest to pick it up? Why is it on us to organize another pick up date after the original one was forgotten about by UPC? I've much better things to be doing with my time to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gucis

I think that box is zero value for them, just they want to make big matter of this. If such a irresponsibility from UPC.
    Or absolute lack of organization abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

UPC?????

The box will be used with another upc customer. If you think about it there are very few issues with the TV side of the company but if an issue arises your finished. You will not get any satisfaction for them, poor customer relations.

Its the ryanaaaaa model.

Advertisement