Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pagans In The Pub

• 14-11-2006 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Pagansinthepub1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Erk, when, where, who organises?

A picture with no information isnt very informative!!

Nice idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a contact email there on the picture :)
    contact pagansinthepub@gmail.com for dates and details

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I know that! hehe. I just think if ya want people to turn up at something, it makes a lot more sense to give us the info to read as a group, rather than us as a group all individually emailing someone we dont know and that person having to reply indiviidully to us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Matthew Hopkins

Thanks Thaed, Thats exactly it. Pagans in the Pub has been running for a couple of months now and has been set up simply for the purpose of providing a safe place for people to meet, talk, have a pint and exchange info on paganism. Its completely free and isnt a fund raiser for anything nor will anybody be asked to put their hand in their pocket.The only people not welcome are those who treat paganism as a business and who would try to use the event to promote the sale of magical goods, services or training courses. People running such "Business ventures" can find lots of other places both online and off to peddle their wares. Outside of what is percieved to be the "Pagan scene" there are hundreds of people and dozens of groups (some in existance for over 20 years) who are more than willing to share their experience and knowledge with genuine people. The reason the organisers ask people to e mail for details is so that they can keep regulars informed if there is a change of venue or time for the social night and to be able to estimate how many souls will attend. Also, if we get an e mail from someone called witchkiller@allpagansmustdie.com , chances are we wont reply.
    Its not rocket science dear folks,... email, turn up, have a laugh and enjoy.

I didnt doubt the aims or purposes of it, I merely wanted more info before emailing... If I'd have known what you just outlined, ie:

Safe place for talk and exchange of info on Paganism
    No pagan sales men/women
    Emails wanted for updates/venue info/number estimate etc

Then I would have [as I probably will do now] just emailed. A little bit of info is all I wanted... personally, though I understand both your points, I dont see what the problem is with asking for a bit more info before sharing my email address, esp in this day and age of "sales people" and thousands upon thousands of pointless groups run through email.

• Advertisement

Hi everybody, dont forget that the next pagans in the Pub is on this Wednesday, If the amount of email i got is anything to go by we should see a good turnout this week, see you all there.
    Pagansinthepub3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Love the new flyer image Matt... belly laughing at that one, well done on the artistry! Keep it up... Dont know if I can make it yet but all the best anyhow.
    Slante! Salute! Cheers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

See you all there!

Hi everyone, just to let you know that we have set up a myspace page for pagans in the pub, http://www.myspace.com/pagansinthepub Log on and say hello or become a friend. We are also in the process of getting our own web site organised. Hope to see ya all tonight.
    Matt.

Well If I can help at all with your site let me know!

• Advertisement

fab Folks, i think i counted 22 people ay one stage tonight, great that this is taking off and that people are enjoying the night, see you all at the next one in two weeks time on the 20th.
    Matt.

After last night I'll be sure to come along again. Was a great night and for someone on the outskirts of the community it was great that it was so relaxed and open.

Cheers everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

if the next one is on the 20th i'm game. finished exams that day. where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

When is the next one?

The next one is this Wednesday...pintofpagan2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice to see this is so successful! Fair play to ye

I'm bringing the chocolate this time... but I'm not gonna be bringing enough for 100 people Thead!!! :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

why cant their be one in kildare,or carlow when i return to the wonderful world of 2nd year humanities. woe is me and my lack of transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are moots and meet ups else where in the country.

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/ev/iexx_ev.html

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_ev.html?a=iexx&id=45056
    kildare pagan moot

When: first sat of month
    Where: kildare, Ireland

meet new people

Event Details: This group is for supporters of the Kildare Pagan Moot.
    We are a group consisting of witch and pagan members,
    who meet monthly in the Kildare area.

The Moot is held in a quiet pub at the weekend,
    to be as open and accesible as possible.

We are based in Ireland, in the Kildare area,
    so contact can be arranged in a neutral venue
    prior to the moot, if desired.

We are all grown ups here, and expect everyone
    to behave as such on-line.

Event Location: either kildare town or naas in kildare
    Event TIME Details: 9pm

Directions: held in bowlans of kildare town or sarah floods of naas,

for details log onto:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KildarePaganMoot/

Tis amazing what google can turn up :)

colour me surprised

• Advertisement

and i shall be on my friends balcony drinking ice cold cider and smoking way to many marlboros

To anyone who has seen this and has been tempted I will say this ... GO.

I went along to one of these as someone who is not a Pagan but has an interest and respect for the beliefs. I was immediately taken in and made feel very welcome and for that I have to specifically thank Thaedydal, Scorplet and Matt Hopkins on here but also say how warm everyone else there was.

I went along to 2 more and each time I greeted warmly and never made to feel excluded. The topics of conversation were very informative and interesting for someone like me and any questions I had answered in a way that was easy for me to digest ... I was never patronised or made feel stupid.

Unfortunately my life has gotten pretty crazy in the last few months and I haven't been able to attend but hopefully it will get to a stage were I can pop in again .... if even just for the chocolate!

Anyway to people who feel its a big leap I say take the chance because after about 5 seconds of awkwardness you'll find yourself surround by warm, welcoming and wonderful people.

Thanks again to all the people who made me feel welcome, hopefully I'll get in again.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

I would be very interested in going to this and reading the last post has more than swayed my opinion.

Really just drop in, its casual and very open.

Hi to last nights antendees and thanks to all for being so warm and friendly. It was a refreshing change to talk to others with similar views in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. I will return.
    Got back no problem..thanks to the map.. cheers

Rob

Missed last night as had to go down to Wexford to see my daughter but hopefully next time :-)

this is great news.. I should be able to make most of them now :-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There'll be a reserved sign up - I has made arrangements :) I unfortunately won't be there tonight as I'm off to see Wreck of the Hesperus and Mayhem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Unfortunately I have to take a phone conference every second week which kicks off at 9pm. Don't think I'll manage to make it to one of these any time soon.

• Advertisement

Pagan's in the pub is on again...

This Thursday Feb 21st.

Same place

Same time

But there may be creme eggs about!

Advertisement