Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my PS2 work in Canada? (Quick reply if possible!)

• 30-05-2005 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

As per title. I'm leaving for Canada tomorrow. Will the playstation work there assuming I'm using an adapter for the plug?

Thanks

P.S. How can I get it to work over there if the adapter isn't enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You would need some sort of transformer for the power (unless its a newer, smaller PStwo you have). The TV format over there is NTSC, the majority of PAL TV's here will play a NTSC signal. But I don't know if it is common for NTSC TV's to accept a PAL signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I see, what exactly am I looking for and in what type of establishment would I find one?

Maplin should do the transformer. You want a 110V-220V one.

The TV will depend whats available over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

it would be simpler just to sell your ps2 console here and buy ,a second hand 1 when u get there from a shop in canada,if you want to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

its too much hassle. Not all USA TVs accept PAL input. very few of them do in fact. Also their PS2's use a different Output to the TV so you would have to buy a new cable.

Euro and Canadian consoles use composite as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ahh cool. Cause the USA ones (which i thought would be the same as CAN ones) dont come with the 3 RCA heads.

bombidol wrote:
    ahh cool. Cause the USA ones (which i thought would be the same as CAN ones) dont come with the 3 RCA heads.
    You sure? What comes with american ones? :s

The only Canadian console I got was an Xbox, I assumed America would use the same RCA leads as the one I got. :confused:

Advertisement