Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I apply for BTEA without a full acceptance from a college?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I applied to the Trinity Access Program and I am accepted on condition I pass my Level 6 Cert in ITT.

The issue is I am still waiting to get my cert from ITT. I have no doubt I have passed the exams. But graduation in usually Sept/Oct.

Can I just apply for BTEA now even though I am not officially accepted on the course?

Or do I definitely need the acceptance letter before I can fill in the application form? I should have it all sorted out by the time BTEA will start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

You can and should be provisionally approved upon acceptance onto the course by Trinity and supplying a letter of registration from same - you usually have until mid October for this and even then some flexibility can be allowed.

But the best advice I can give is to talk to your local SW office and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

You can and should be provisionally approved upon acceptance onto the course by Trinity and supplying a letter of registration from same - you usually have until mid October for this and even then some flexibility can be allowed.

Is that date for the general BTEA application to be handed in or for the finalising document(s).

I'm wondering should I apply now and just leave the document to last?

I agree I need to talk to them. Thanks for the response btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Is that date for the general BTEA application to be handed in or for the finalising document(s).

I'm wondering should I apply now and just leave the document to last?

I agree I need to talk to them. Thanks for the response btw.

Hand it in as early as possible - that gives you time to sort out anything that needs sorting - and you should get a provisional award of the BTEA with your college registration stuff required October(ish) - but this can be delayed because of SUSI, fees etc so some flexibility is usually given.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Hand it in as early as possible - that gives you time to sort out anything that needs sorting - and you should get a provisional award of the BTEA with your college registration stuff required October(ish) - but this can be delayed because of SUSI, fees etc so some flexibility is usually given.
    My understanding is the TAP does not need susi because the program is free anyway. I am about 90% sure of this so I won't be needing SUSI (until my Bachelor's)

Advertisement