Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a GP in Dublin 3 & 5

Options
  • 13-03-2014 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Pretty unsatisfied with the attention I've been given from the one I have at the moment, I am looking for a GP in Dublin 3 and 5. And I'd love to hear your suggestions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

Frank O'Driscoll (father of Brian) has a GP practice on Clontarf Road, between the bottom of Vernon avenue and St John's church.

Dr Lappin in Fairview, between Edge's corner and the church there.

No idea if either of these are any good, but they have been around a long time, which might mean something.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I work in a pharmacy in the area. These would be my perceptions of the different doctors:

O'Driscolls - Frank O'Driscoll and Oran Boyle are the two doctors. The practice is very busy and they can be hard to get. They seem to deal mostly with older patients. They are on the seafront just before Clontarf village. Accepts medical cards.

Fairview Medical - Dr. Lappin used to run this surgery. He's since retired. A team of doctors are based in the surgery with Ronan Cormican seeming to be the most recommended. He is very friendly and approachable. Fairview caters for all ages but are extremely busy. Plenty of doctors so maybe that counters that. They are situated on Fairview strand beside the church. Accepts medical cards.

Anne Lennon - Opposite the Bank of Ireland in Killester, Howth Road. She seems to mostly see younger patients (she is excellent with children and very knowledgeable about paediatrics.) but I've seen prescriptions for all ages and all conditions. Doesn't accept medical cards. Less busy than Fairview or O'Driscolls.

James Dolan - Above the Bank of Ireland in Killester, Howth Road. Mostly sees patients on an ad hoc basis (infections, one off stuff etc). Regularly co-prescribes traditional and complementary medicine so if you like herbal treatments etc then he can offer that. Doesn't accept medical card patients. Less busy than Fairview or O'Driscolls.

Sarmad Kashan - A good all rounder, he sees people of all ages and conditions, medical card and private. His patients say he has a good manner. His address is 26 St. Gabriel's Road, Clontarf.

Advertisement