Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work out change / help wanted

• 10-03-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Male - 30 - weigh 85-90KG
    At present I am mixing up my exercise and toning as follows, usually 3 (sometimes 4) sessions a week of bootcamp classes which usually involve TRX / Kettle bells / cardio and body weight exercises and running. I’ve done it for the past year over all and am happy with the results but 10 weeks intensive course after xmas I find myself thinking I want to do something different / change it up.
    I was thinking about joining one of the Flye gyms to start a new programme and maybe target some areas for fat loss (mostly chest area) and I also want to get back to running, in previous years I ran 3 times a week up to 5k/10k & 18km (was building up to half marathon but I just stopped!) . I want to find a happy mix of toning and improve my fitness and lose some weight.
    Can anyone advise on what kind of structure i should follow with regards to workouts. I don’t want to just hit the weights solidly as I did that when I was 17/18 which bulked up my chest which I haven’t seemed to be able to tone down over the years. Any resources or help would be grateful, I’ve had a browse of similar threads but just wanted to post my own. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I have access to a trainer at my club, I explained I wanted to build endurance for running , cycling etc. basically he left it up to myself what to do but when doing single joint movements do 3X15 but the good stuff is the compound movements and combine say the kettle bells and a rowing machine and do 4 or 5 minutes of switching between the two. Normally finish off with a tabata workout on a bike. Im sure he will develop what I do as I get fitter

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

silverharp wrote: »
    ... finish off with a tabata workout on a bike.

On a bike? What we talking about, a pre programmed setting on the bike or Spinning?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

BKWDR wrote: »
    On a bike? What we talking about, a pre programmed setting on the bike or Spinning?

one of those air resistance bikes but any type really, just 15 miniutes at the end as cardio and then 4 minutes of interval, 20 seconds full power , rest 10 seconds and repeat 7 more times.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement