Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"We can rebuild her!"

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I must find out the female equivalent of "man suit" - as woman suit or girl suit juut does not cut it :pac:

I kinda like "lady suit" in that context. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Even the run didn't help to properly relax me. Was nearly 10pm by the time I got out, so kept the run shorter than the scheduled 45 minutes. Did 3.84 miles at an average of 9.31/mile pace. Bloody weather, after being dry all day it started raining just as soon as I stepped off the 49 and was absolutely bucketing by the time I got out. Of course, I got absolutely drenched, and my runners are now sitting at the door stuffed with newspaper in the hope that they'll be dry for tomorrow. Legs not showing any ill effects after yesterday, thankfully, and no pain tonight either.

Good on you for heading out at that hour last night and in the rain. I used the rain as an excuse to plonk myself on couch and dunk biscuits in my tea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Good on you for heading out at that hour last night and in the rain. I used the rain as an excuse to plonk myself on couch and dunk biscuits in my tea. :)

I love running in the rain, I prefer if it starts about 3 miles in though.

Rain held off tonight, thankfully. Plan for tonight was to do 45 minutes easy - wanted to add on what I shortened the run by last night though. Ended up being about 5 minutes away from my house when I got far, so just kept on trucking. 6.05 miles @ 10.02/mile pace tonight, so I was taking it very easy.

Rest day tomorrow - my first one in May. :eek::D

menoscemo wrote: »
    Booked into Lancaster lodge myself. the Bro is staying there too.

Tis about €150 per room for the two night, so if you're sharing it's pretty cheap.

Booked myself in there too, location seemed quite convenient and it wasn't too expensive. :cool:

• Advertisement

Hill reps on the cards for me today - headed up to Bohernabreena for this. 8x30sec reps. That was significantly harder than I thought it was going to be, and probably the hardest session I've done since Barcelona. Learnt the true meaning of recovery pace on the first km after it too!

Total distance covered 3.61 miles. That was a lot of pain (the good kind, not the "oh no my ITB is fcuked again" kind) for a very short distance :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Aye they're tough sessions alright. Well done, it'll stand to you...or so I'm told!!

And to finish off my first ever 6 day running week, just over 11km (6.88 miles) at 9.40/mile average pace. Pacing was a bit all over the place on this one, ranging from a first kilometer in 5.30 to a 6.17 into the wind going uphill late on. Need to keep an eye on that.

29.6 miles for the week. Almost tempted to go out and run up and down the road a few times to get it over 30 :pac:

Well done on the hill reps. Great mileage aswell this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

And to finish off my first ever 6 day running week

Good to see your finally listening to me :)

• Advertisement

Was bloody wrecked this evening, had a crap night's sleep last night and that was starting to tell by the time I got home from work. Forced myself out the door anyway, 8km dead slow (10.14/mile average pace). 50 minutes easy was the plan for this evening, job done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You need to change back to miles. Bloody fancy shmancy measurements.

You need to change back to miles. Bloody fancy shmancy measurements.

Distance in km's, pace in miles, make brain hurt.:(

mrslow wrote: »
    I like confusing people, and surely everyone knows that there's only a few metres difference between 8km and 5 miles :pac:

STILL haven't put the Garmin back into miles after Barcelona :p

Forcing men to multi-task. I like her style. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Forcing men to multi-task. I like her style. :D

Must. resist. bait. Must. resist. bait......

Swapped sessions around and did my tempo-ish run today (will do 50 mins easy tomorrow). Plan was 10 min easy, 5 min HM pace, 5 min easy, 10 min marathon pace, 5 min easy, 5 min HM pace, 10 min easy. Being a social runner, I did this out at UCD while the rest were doing intervals. Total of 8.71km/5.41 miles done. Average pace for the session was 9.18/mile (HM pace intervals done at 8.43/mile and MP section at 8.56/mile).

Just been over on your old log reading your Barcelona marathon post for inspiration. :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Just been over on your old log reading your Barcelona marathon post for inspiration. :)

If I can go sub-4, you can obliterate it - you're much faster than me.

If I can go sub-4, you can obliterate it - you're much faster than me.

Maybe at the moment but you have.........a book!;)

• Advertisement

Maybe at the moment but you have.........a book!;)

She kicked my ass in Waterford back in January too!

She kicked my ass in Waterford back in January too!

She's quick alright, pacing me to 3:45 you know!

She's quick alright, pacing me to 3:45 you know!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

25 minute recovery run at lunchtime, too disgustingly hung over to do anything else. :pac: Forgot the Garmin so just went by time, laps of Merrion Square.

Have made the executive decision not to drink at Rush tonight...

25 minute recovery run at lunchtime, too disgustingly hung over to do anything else. :pac: Forgot the Garmin so just went by time, laps of Merrion Square.

Have made the executive decision not to drink at Rush tonight...

Were you disgustingly drunk last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

My excuse for being late to work this morning managed to dupe them :D, though i had to recheck my sent items this morning to remind myself what the excuse was :o

Were you disgustingly drunk last night?

Drunk? Yeah. Disgustingly so? Didn't think so.

I obviously left at the right time so. Got my burdocks chips too. :pac:

Drunk? Yeah. Disgustingly so? Didn't think so.

Just Meno then? :D

• Advertisement

Didn't get to do my easy run on Wednesday evening due to getting stuck in work, so that meant I headed out this evening after watching the Leinster match (1 Heineken and 1 Magners please :D ). Standing for over 4 hours last night at the O2 is not exactly conducive to good running, so today's run ended up being another recovery-paced run (6km - 3.73 miles @ 10.27/mile pace) because my legs felt as flat as a pancake. Have made a complete and utter hames of my running this week, let's hope the weekend is better.

Rush were ABSOLUTELY ****ING AWESOME though. Just gonna leave this here for now. :D

Advertisement