Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

• 07-06-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Anyone here have any thoughts on them?

They were tipped last Friday by Tom Bulford from Red Hot Penny Shares (same guy has tipped GKP at 10p and other companies that have seen a high increase in share price and hence he has a high following)

I have just a few shares but thinking about increasing.

They have a interest in drilling in Puntland, Somalia which is meant to have a hugh amount of oil.

I can post what was said by TB if anyone wants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Range have released some news that can be viewed here:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:RRL.L&display=news&it=le

All looks very promising. Current SP looks de-risked at the minute at 5p - the current sp doesn't take into account of potential of drilling in Puntland and Georgia or the results from their Well in Texas.

The next week we will learn where a new oil/gas acquisation will be (somewhere in the Americas)

as always do your own research into this type of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

poodles wrote: »
    Range have released some news that can be viewed here:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:RRL.L&display=news&it=le

All looks very promising. Current SP looks de-risked at the minute at 5p - the current sp doesn't take into account of potential of drilling in Puntland and Georgia or the results from their Well in Texas.

The next week we will learn where a new oil/gas acquisation will be (somewhere in the Americas)

as always do your own research into this type of thing!

Range resources ticker RRC If the same was promoted on bloomberg yesterday along with those listed below as stocks wrongly effected by the gulf crisis that have no impact on profits from it, they all apparantly have up to 25 buy recommendations from analysts and no sell recommendations. All are at a premium and have up to 75 % profit margin - UPL the highest.

Interestingly UPl for example breaks even when natural gas trades as low as $2.50. So big profits.

(Hk) 25 buys
    ulta petroleum (UPL) 20 buys
    denbury range (DNR) 15 buys
    range resources (RRC) 10 buys

IMO they all follow the price of natural gas.if you think natural gas will rise then i strongly recommend these.

pirelli wrote: »
    Range resources ticker RRC If the same was promoted on bloomberg yesterday

Nah, that's a different company. Ticker is RRL.L

They are dual listed however on the ASX as RRS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Interesting share RRL. I hold over a million of these. I really think the market cap is in for a big correction. I was involved in the rights issue this year and bought way over my rights at 2.89p.

I have yet to top slice, I think the 50m market cap with production cash flow, puntland onshore, puntland offshore, cotton valley, North Chapman Ranch & Georgia this share is going places.

Ps. I expect a 3/1 consolidation in the near future.

One to watch folks :)

Also Peter Landou (apoligies if spelt wrong) the CEO must be spoke highly of for his constant RNS updates.

This man will make you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Smcgie wrote: »
    Interesting share RRL. I hold over a million of these. I really think the market cap is in for a big correction. I was involved in the rights issue this year and bought way over my rights at 2.89p.

I have yet to top slice, I think the 50m market cap with production cash flow, puntland onshore, puntland offshore, cotton valley, North Chapman Ranch & Georgia this share is going places.

Ps. I expect a 3/1 consolidation in the near future.

One to watch folks :)

Smcgie you must be loaded.

pirelli wrote: »
    Smcgie you must be loaded.

I hold only 3 shares at the moment. What can i say.. I have an appetite for risk.

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn%3ARRL.L&display=discussion&thread=6526790&action=list

8fuHNh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Poodle (and Smcgie) you legend, had a look on iii after you posted this and liked what I saw, then I started to really like it the more I looked, I got in at 5.00 and Ive topped up twice since then up to 6.0p, this is 50% of my portfolio now and it looks like its up up up from here on out, up an average of 16% so far on no news with good things expected in the coming weeks and months, thanks for the tip, keep em coming.

• Advertisement

Heh, no problem, but it's a no brainer!

I was averaged around 4.25p but sold out for a quick snap at encore oil which worked out well but I had to get back into Range at 5.1p

Now that the recent placement shares have been taken up I'd expect the sp to settle close to 8p in the short term and maybe closer to 20p when spudding in Puntland in November.

News should come Monday of a new acquisation in the Americas - this will underpin the current price and de-risk it too.

GL
    :D

Im sticking with it until £1 a share, and then Ill buy you a holiday :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Im sticking with it until £1 a share, and then Ill buy you a holiday :D
    Ill remember this ;)

Don't mean to dance on your parade Thargor but you have to be warned. RRL is normally dumped on news, I think the north chapman ranch frac will determine what level of support the shareprice takes. Expect a retrace, people that took shares in the RI at 2.9p have now doubled their money and I expect strong profit taking on news.

Glad 2 fellow boardsies are lone Rangers :)

Ah I know, Im not seriously expecting that, exciting stuff all the same. Its only money.

News out - Trinidad acquisition.

www.asx.com.au search for rrs on mobile can't link

Smcgie wrote: »
    News out - Trinidad acquisition.

www.asx.com.au search for rrs on mobile can't link

Link to .pdf announcement:
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100712/pdf/31r8nd6kyll33b.pdf

Another good day...finish above 7p

Georgia CPR Report out Today.

Estimated Oil in Place of 2bn Barrels.

Big news. Drilling scheduled for Feb/March

Current SP: 8p

Report: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20101118/pdf/31tyyx8mzrnj4w.pdf

News out today that the 2 Puntland Wells will be drilled - one by July 27th the other by September 27th according to the amended Production Sharing Agreement.

The rig will be mobilised around the same time that the second well in Georgia will be drilled.

Great opportunities here for the SP to multiply from current position.

It's going to be an interesting couple of months ahead.
    Anyone looking in from the sidelines - I'd suggest moving quick!

• Advertisement

So glad I took a large position in this when you started tipping it first, I kept wondering if there was a catch when I was looking into it but it really did turn out to be a no-brainer, and we haven't even started yet, cant wait for the next few weeks.

Up 19% to close at a new 52 week high of 10.5p today, looking good :P

Thargor wrote: »
    Up 19% to close at a new 52 week high of 10.5p today, looking good :P

Next couple of weeks and months will be transformational for the company.

The CEO is aiming for the company to have a market cap of up to 700Million by the end of the year - which would be a share price of around 43p.

Currently 10.5p!

Are you still holding a million of these Smcgie?

No Thagor, I have 500k. I sold half my holding at 8.25p to buy more Gulf Keystone the morning of the big drop. Still holding tight to my free run of 500K averaging around 3.5p, an excellent company!

Love the new image too. Hold Tight, might get that holiday off you yet :)

Or an Amazon Kindle if I dump @ 35-40p :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

What caused the 19% jump today? It certainly does look like an interesting share!

Could be a leak of very good helium test results in Georgia, one of the biggest shareholders basically said Wednesday for the RNS on the iii board, the director seemed to confirm its good news in an interview with iiiTV today, or it could be just the way all the ducks are starting to line up, Texas fracced to boost production while the price of oil keeps going up and new wells being spudded, Trinidad looking like a very good deal and then the major stuff like Georgia about to spud in the next few weeks then Puntland in Somalia in the next couple of months, its starting to get noticed, and its mostly underpinned and derisked by the solid producing assets in Texas unlike most AIM oilies (well for those of us who got in @ 5p it is anyway).

Id say looking at this share for the past 8 months in my very inexperienced opinion we can expect one last retrace to 9p before the news starts to flow and single figures are gone forever.

News is out, Georgian helium survey results, all good but spudding pushed back to April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I think ill be taking a close look at this share over the next few days (I need somewhere to put my Xcite Energy profits :D)

They have a good few different interests now so my fear of Somali pirates ruining the company can be somewhat eased!

Advertisement