Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ceramics & Glass NCAD

• 23-06-2015 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi, i am interested in applying for the Ceramics & Glass degree next year. Has anyone any tips on how to prepare a portfolio for this degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NCAD_Dublin

Hi,

If you are applying to First Year you should follow the NCAD portfolio submission brief for 2016 available on our the website.

First Year applications are made through the CAO by 1st February 2016 and the portfolio submission is due in NCAD by Friday 5th February 2016.

If you have already spent some time in Higher Education you may apply to the second year of the degree through Advanced Entry, also through the CAO, deadline 31st March. For Advanced Entry you will be asked to submit a portfolio by disk to include 10 images and a short written description of what informs your work and images. Further information is available on our website.

Hope this information has been of help.

NCAD Admissions Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Hi,

If you are applying to First Year you should follow the NCAD portfolio submission brief for 2016 available on our the website.

First Year applications are made through the CAO by 1st February 2016 and the portfolio submission is due in NCAD by Friday 5th February 2016.

If you have already spent some time in Higher Education you may apply to the second year of the degree through Advanced Entry, also through the CAO, deadline 31st March. For Advanced Entry you will be asked to submit a portfolio by disk to include 10 images and a short written description of what informs your work and images. Further information is available on our website.

Hope this information has been of help.

NCAD Admissions Office
    I am wondering what the portfolio should be laid out like, should i just sketch ideas of ceramic and glass objects i would like to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NCAD_Dublin

Hi,

The NCAD Portfolio Submission Brief outlines what is required in some detail. If you are still unsure you might want to come along to the NCAD Open Day Wednesday 25th November where you will get more information on the portfolio requirements.

NCAD Admissions Office

Advertisement