Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP my PS3

• 25-02-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

My release day PS3 has just died on me....... He turned on and I loaded up Kingðom of Amalur and then I went to the bathroom, I came back and RLOD.

He served me wel these last few years.

Goodbye friend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

EvilWonka wrote: »
    My release day PS3 has just died on me....... He turned on and I loaded up Kingðom of Amalur and then I went to the bathroom, I came back and RLOD.

Goodbye friend

Get him reballed and he'll be as good as new. Don't get it reflowed though. Completely different things and the latter is cheaper, more of a short term option for getting your HD backed up for saves and stuff. Reballed replaces the shoddy lead solder they used in manufacturing, allowing you to continue playing while reflow just reuses that shoddy solder to make it work so you can get your stuff off the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Go with God PS3 bro'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RIP

The world is indeed a lesser place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Who is doing re-balling of the BGAs rather than the quick fix of reflowing them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Goodbye friend

sorry to hear that :'(,got mine in oct 07 and she's still with me,hopefully she won't ever leave me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

Goodbye friend

:-( poor poor PS3. Did it get jealous of your spanking new VITA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

My deepest condolences. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Gone too soon... But in all seriousness, I agree with the others, get it reballed, I did over a year ago and its still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mine went on christmas eve, RIP !

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

http://www.consolepros.ie/contact-us/

Id get it reballed alright,give console pros a shout they can do it.

there is another place in tallaght but dont go near them they did a reflow on a previous one i had and fried my chip whatever they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

My launch day on died as well :(
    Going to get it reballed, just looking for opinions for places near the Cork area?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

My launch day on died as well :(
    Going to get it reballed, just looking for opinions for places near the Cork area?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you near the city?there's a place just down a bit from the river lee hotel,it's down a side street on the left hand side of the road,they do ps3 repairs,don't know how good they are though.

also found this place in the city

http://www.i-electron.com/game_consoles_repair_cork/?gclid=CO3sj8rDyK4CFcoa4QodjWnd_A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sorry for your troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sekon2008

So did mine last year. So annoying . Can't get anything from old hard drive. New version also rubbish in comparison.

sekon2008 wrote: »
    So did mine last year. So annoying . Can't get anything from old hard drive. New version also rubbish in comparison.

your new ps 3 is rubbish is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wild guess but i assume he had a BC PS3 before and now doesn't, that or it's a HDD size issue and he doesn't know how to swap em.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

My launch model died on me 2 days ago aswell. Head is wrecked. Can't afford to shell out for a new one.

I was looking on youtube for a solution and came across THESE THREE VIDEOS

Has anyone ever done this and would ye recommend it(bit sceptical about putting it in the oven) or should I just send it off to get repaired somewhere:(

Missing tons of features from original , cheaply made and makes more noise. Also heats up more than old one

kkhornet wrote: »
    My launch model died on me 2 days ago aswell. Head is wrecked. Can't afford to shell out for a new one.

I was looking on youtube for a solution and came across THESE THREE VIDEOS

Has anyone ever done this and would ye recommend it(bit sceptical about putting it in the oven) or should I just send it off to get repaired somewhere:(
    You can get them repaired for bout 80 Euro but I was told by guy doing it in Galway that it was only a short term fix. Mine had ylod btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Missing tons of features from original , cheaply made and makes more noise. Also heats up more than old one

you sure you bought a ps3 an not an xbox?!:eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »

Thought the 360 s was better in every way, it didn't need a wifi adapter at least.

Klair88 wrote: »

Yes. What kinda question is that...

Advertisement