Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Penn wrote: »
    Millions of people can't be wrong, can they?

Of course not

Sure look at the Twilight craziness......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dancor wrote: »
    Of course not

Good point.

Anyone want a ticket to see Michael McIntyre on Sunday? Mine is suddenly available for sale

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Congrats and best of luck Dancor!

I changed my name. Anyone get the reference?

Any particular reason? (Way to show Punk even more disrespect!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm going to propose to my GF. Bring on Christmas morning!!

Congratulations Man! Hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Of course not

Best part of the last movie being out? It means they are nearly done with that sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any particular reason? (Way to show Punk even more disrespect!) :pac:

Just wanted to mix it up a bit. I might go back to CMpunked at some stage.
    I was watching a few old sesame street clips last night and realised i loved telly as a kid.
    I watched the clips because I watched the being elmo doc again a few weeks back.

I was watching a few old sesame street clips last night and realised i loved telly as a kid.
    I watched the clips because I watched the being elmo doc again a few weeks back.

Few months ago I finally signed up to Netflix for the month trial.

Ended up mostly watching old episodes of Power Rangers. Best show ever.

(gets urge to change name to Lord Zedd)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I was to ever change my name on this, I'd probably go with something Warhammer 40k related. Perhaps Angron or Mortarion.

Was half-considering changing mine a few months back and was trying to think of what to change it to. Then they asked me to be a CMod and I thought probably best not to change it for a while or else it'd be too confusing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

GTA V trailer expected today.....kewl.
    Hard to know what i'd change my name to always liked the sound of Action Bastard or maybe just to annoy him Diabhal Mhor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I probably wouldn't change my name. I think that my username fits my personality quite well! If I did change it, it would most likely be music or sci-fi related

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'd change mine but I'd never be able to think of something I'd really be happy with, I only picked this as I was known as the lad from Connemara by a few people that were on here, outside of boards when I joined

Yeah, mine came about cause most of my friend's called me Denny, even a few of the teachers in my old school called me it :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'd happily get the ice out of my user name. I cant even remember why I put it in to start with.

Penn wrote: »
    (gets urge to change name to Lord Zedd)

:D
    ben-stiller-do-it.gif
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    I'd happily get the ice out of my user name. I cant even remember why I put it in to start with.

Get the hyphen changed. D-MICE!

Maybe amalgamate the two and by TM_Punked :pac:
    DM-ICE wrote: »

I was thinking it was a reference to DJIce :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont think id change mine, had it so long now I am Bounty Hunter.

Always thought the ICE was something to do with Iceland and the DM was related to Danger Mouse for some odd reason

Is it a Star Wars or a Dog reference?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is it a Star Wars or a Dog reference?

Neither tbh, it came from a card game myself and my cousin played when we were young Magic the Gathering. I'm sure any old boardsie would know it cos gathering cards where running jokes here at one point, for instance

carlweathers.jpg

of course mine was just the name of a card that I had in my deck when as a young child I played the game back before Sports & Women corrupted my innocent mind from such innocent things :pac:

though tbh it also having the Star Wars links and being the name of a bad ass profession (guess thats the right word) would have certainly helped in my decision (probably didnt really put too much thought into it at the time tbh).

• Advertisement

One of my friends loves Magic, I never got into it myself. I was too busy with pokemon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hard to know what i'd change my name to always liked the sound of Action Bastard or maybe just to annoy him Diabhal Mhor.
    Thing about name changes is people do it so often you have no idea who they are. Did it once back in the Little Shyte era.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So...is this the goal of the year then?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Never got the fuss with Zlatan until he was at AC but jesus I miss him so much these days a player with breath taking technique, great finisher, hugely creative and yet a lot of brits don't rate him which only adds to my George Costanza like man crush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Astonishing goal alright. People calling it the greatest goal ever are going a bit OTT though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Maybe the last time I'll on here for awhile

cena wrote: »

Why's that Cena?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,004 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whatever the reasons good luck with all you'll be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why's that Cena?

I just may not have Internet where I'm going. Not going that long but long enough

• Advertisement

I just may not have Internet where I'm going. Not going that long but long enough

You heading to the states, boss?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement