Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So I've called Tiffany, Amanda and Not Ping, who am I missing to get the lockboxes to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

ShaneU wrote: »
    So I've called Tiffany, Amanda and Not Ping, who am I missing to get the lockboxes to show up?

Umm I there her name was Illyana or something along those lines. Can't remember where I met her though I think it was in one the main karaoke bars (the first couple of night clubs you visit).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Umm I there her name was Illyana or something along those lines. Can't remember where I met her though I think it was in one the main karaoke bars (the first couple of night clubs you visit).

It is indeed Ilyana. When you meet her in the K-Bar in Central during a mission, she gives you her number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finally got past that fecking club :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow moment of the game for me so far was when I was going hunting for the lockboxes on my bike, some are guarded by 3 thugs so I decided to be lazy and plough into a set of them on the bike but jumped off at the last minute .............. it goes into bullet time and you can shoot the bike to 'splode it and kill them :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow moment of the game for me so far was when I was going hunting for the lockboxes on my bike, some are guarded by 3 thugs so I decided to be lazy and plough into a set of them on the bike but jumped off at the last minute .............. it goes into bullet time and you can shoot the bike to 'splode it and kill them :D

I must try that......bullet time is an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I must try that......bullet time is an upgrade?

Hold LT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Worst and Laziest DLC I've ever heard of !!!
    Red Envelope Pack - €2.49
    Need help buying that fast car, fancy threads or luxury items for your new apartment? For fortune and prosperity download the Red Envelopes Pack. There are 20 envelopes each stuffed with $50k, scattered throughout Hong Kong, find them all and you'll net a cool 1 Million HK dollars to spend on whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And plenty of people will buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I finally got past that fecking club :D

If anyone else is stuck here
    Just mash x and press y when an enemy turns red

Hold LT

Yeah works same as when vaulting over an obstacle.

You can increase the length of the slow motion by i think of of the Cop levels.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Worst and Laziest DLC I've ever heard of !!!

This one is really bad as in this game it's ridiculously easy to make a lot of money. I still have over $600,000 and have already bought most of the expensive vehicles in the game (easy with the 40% discount Level 10 Face!). They just throw money at you in this game.
    tuxy wrote: »
    If anyone else is stuck here
    Just mash x and press y when an enemy turns red

While you can just mash x these fights are a lot easier if you take your time and do the combos (i.e. light hit then hard hit for leg sweep or light, light and hard by knee followed for kick etc) and grapples (i.e. leg break, arm break or use environment).
    Certain combos are very effective against certain enemies.

The enemy I'm most wary about is the grappler as he can cause damage and interrupt my combos but he also involves annoying QTE events.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally got started on this last night, enjoying it so far. Driving's a little weird, combat's not bat at all, overall mechanics are quite solid.

I wish though that these sorts of games would allow you a "configure camera" option where you could lock the camera into a place where you want it, not where they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just cleared the main story line, bought Friday and i didn't put that many hours in it. Have to say the club mission is the hardest by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Where's the cheapest price going for this on PS3 that's not online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Damn I just lost me bollox cock fighting :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Probably should see a doctor about that dude....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think your supposed to bet Money Dude....

:D

I've only played cock fighting 3 times and bet on the black cock each time... you get treated to same "dramatic" fight (which is annoyingly unskippable) and then after taking a beating, your cock suddenly springs to life and hits the money shot.

Actually it's a really annoying mini-game so I was thankful I won those 3 fights which was enough for the achievement in it and not having to play it again! I much rather poker mahjong as its quick and reminds me something I played before!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

after taking a beating, your cock suddenly springs to life and hits the money shot.

You just described my sex life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone on PC noticed very low GPU Usage in game?

I have a HD5770 which isn''t great by any standard,
    but in game its using less than 40% GPU usage and a framerate between 20-35fps.

When I die, and the Mission Failed screen comes up,
    the GPU usage increases as does the frame rate.

The GPU usage should really be doing the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

y-u-no-meme-generator-hai-sleeping-dogs-y-u-no-use-gpu-b7099c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Got this on Monday and only got around to starting it this morning, went on an epic binge and I'm not long off it, it's been a long while since I've done that with a game. I have to say its pretty epic, really liking it, it shows GTAIV up in my opinion, it has all the same elements but it is so much less annoying. The only thing that's pissing me off is that I know I'll prob be finished by the end of the week and I will then be back to playing ****ing assassins creed cause there is nothing out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Just finished it 100% completion and my god was that a pain in the bollox wrapping everything up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha wnolan, nailed it!

In other news, a demo is finally out for people who werent sure about. Heres a tip for them tho....go out and buy this right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

is this game worth getting ?? Im playing gta4 at the moment, and its starting to become a chore, Its the second time I've bought it, but after getting really stuck in to it, its getting boring, controls are annoying, I don't want to buy sleeping dogs if becomes as boring as gta4..

thanks for any advice...

Ya buy you wont regret it sir

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You just described my sex life.

:)
    spider_pig wrote: »
    Just finished it 100% completion and my god was that a pain in the bollox wrapping everything up

I'm not too far off this mark but I'm hoping there is something you can help with.

I'm currently going around and hacking the the few cameras I have left but there is one that is annoying me. Its located in Aberdeen and is down by the docks... I can see by following the cable that the box is located on a platform nearby but I can't for the life of me get up there. I've tried a few different methods but got nowhere near it. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

waveform wrote: »
    Has anyone on PC noticed very low GPU Usage in game?

I have a HD5770 which isn''t great by any standard,
    but in game its using less than 40% GPU usage and a framerate between 20-35fps.

When I die, and the Mission Failed screen comes up,
    the GPU usage increases as does the frame rate.

The GPU usage should really be doing the opposite!

I have a i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz and a 570 gtx also overclocked
    I have never seen the frame rate drop below 60 ( vsync is on) I'ms using patch 1.3

Cpu is normally at 30% but can go a bit higher
    Gpu is also around 30%

I did notice that the game uses all 4 cores of the cpu, perhaps the game is not optimised for anything with less than 4 core. :(

What cpu do you have?

• Advertisement

I finally got around to playing this tonight.

Only had time to play about 20 minutes (schedule for the next week is killing me), but I'm liking it.

Obviously hard to get a decent idea of the game so quickly, but I think I'll get a good few hours of fun just wandering around the city taking in the atmosphere.

Advertisement