Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Low strength beers

• 22-08-2014 10:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if you can get a low strength beer in Dublin? I lived in London for years and there are tonnes there for dirty cheap. I want something around 2.6% ideally. There's one in lidl called finkbrau which is great but I end up with millions of bottles I need to recycle. A can would be ideal. I doubt anyone knows any but any help would great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco value lager is low, I think 2%. Probably rotten though and I am not sure if its even in tescos here anymore.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=250035553

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    There's one in lidl called finkbrau which is great but I end up with millions of bottles I need to recycle. A can would be ideal.

You should recycle aluminium cans too! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I should also say that they was a thread on this a while ago so try searching for suggestions there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Brew Dog Nanny State is my go to low ABV beer (0.5%) if I'm driving, another alternative would be Brew Dog Dead Pony Club 3.8% ABV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Got some bottles of Adnams Lighthouse in my local Tesco recently. Its about 3.6% IIRC.

I'm in the North a good bit so I usually pick up and low % beers/ales that I want up there because I find the selection in the republic to be poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Buxton Jacob’s Ladder at 2.8% is probably the best on the market here atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭cullenswood

drumswan wrote: »

Can you get this on draught anywhere or just in off licenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Can you get this on draught anywhere or just in off licenses?

No draught Buxton here yet Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

try a radler or just make yourself a shandy, highly refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

It might be seen as sacrilege, but I had a Galway Hooker shandy recently as I was driving. Half Galway Hooker and half 7-Up. It was really nice. I've always found that Galway Hooker has a lot of flavour for a 4.4% beer, and so I didn't feel too left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

It might be seen as sacrilege, but I had a Galway Hooker shandy recently as I was driving. Half Galway Hooker and half 7-Up. It was really nice. I've always found that Galway Hooker has a lot of flavour for a 4.4% beer, and so I didn't feel too left out.

Throw him in the dungeon!! :)

drumswan wrote: »

I tried this a week or two ago and found it very good for the mere 2.8%.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Dr. Lollington

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I tried this a week or two ago and found it very good for the mere 2.8%.

Where can you get this? I've never seen it before! I'm a big fan of mid strength beers at the moment. You still get to be in the pub drinking but you don't get a hangover. Win win!

Redmond's in Ranelagh.

Advertisement