Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival Sep 4-7

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

matrim wrote: »
    This is Galway Bay's first time at the RDS beer fest isn't it?
    Galway Bay were there last year, as were Whitewater, and DJs (aka Tempted?).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Oh and good news, Beoir have 2 pairs of tickets to give away for this. I'll be raffling one off on the Facebook page but I've checked with the mods and they've said I can give one out in this thread as well. So if you want included in the draw just mention that you're going and I'll throw everyone's name into the hat closer to the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

irish_goat wrote: »
    Oh and good news, Beoir have 2 pairs of tickets to give away for this. I'll be raffling one off on the Facebook page but I've checked with the mods and they've said I can give one out in this thread as well. So if you want included in the draw just mention that you're going and I'll throw everyone's name into the hat closer to the time. :)

Ill be heading....

on a side note, Ive just joined Beoir, does anyone know how I get half price tickets, figured the membership benefits certainly outweighed the cost:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

As a mod of this forum, where do I pick up my free tickets? At the door? ;)

It's some list of brewers though, I'll have to be a bit more tactical trying to get through all the specials! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

BeerNut wrote: »
    Galway Bay were there last year, as were Whitewater, and DJs (aka Tempted?).

Wasn't sure about Whitewater. I don't drink much cider but didn't recognise the DJ name.

Shows how much we've come along that there are nearly as many new breweries this year as there were breweries some years.

I wonder ifl the brewery stands will be smaller this year to fit in the extra people.

irish_goat, throw me into the ring for those tickets too. Hope to go on both Friday and Sunday again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

count me in, ill be going for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm going at some stage. Should I win, please pass on my ticket to somebody deserving so they can experience craft beer as well.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BaZmO* wrote: »
    As a mod of this forum, where do I pick up my free tickets? At the door? ;)

As an admin I'm pulling rank and I'll have his ticket. :P

Enjoyed it last year, I presume with all the extra stands it'll be in a bigger hall or spread over a couple this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Will be going along. A great lineup. I will need to try and pace myself. Saturday will be a long day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I'm heading, name in the hat please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Could you throw my name in the hat as well please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Any chance we could do PM's for the ticket lottery? It's gonna clog up the thread.

does anyone know how I get half price tickets
    Show your card on the door. I don't think the festival has ever filled up to the point where we've had to stop admitting walk-ins, but it's probably best to get there early to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Big Nasty wrote: »
    That's a savage list.

The first year there was only about 15.

And there are a fair few brewers in Ireland who are not listed as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

name on the list please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

name on list too please :)

I'll be there on the Saturday either way

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Ill be going...had a great time at this last time! Name in the hat please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Should be going the 5th. Might as well throw my name in the hat too.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah throw my name on the list, good few of us going on Saturday either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Name on the list too please!

Not sure yet which day I'll have off work but I'm banking on having one of them off.
    Last year was great, looking forward to trying the new breweries wares there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Please add me to the list also! It will be my first time at it :)
    Not sure what day yet but probably Thursday or Friday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Will be heading along!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Stick my name down too, tryna decide on the Saturday or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Going to head over this year to see what all the fuss is about

Started homebrewing recently and have one amazing ale under my belt

Bottling a stout later as well

See you all there

Couple of free tickets would be handy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Going to head over this year to see what all the fuss is about

Started homebrewing recently and have one amazing ale under my belt

Bottling a stout later as well

See you all there

Couple of free tickets would be handy :)

The National Homebrew Club will be there, drop by and have a look.

Ill be heading on the Thursday only. Maybe the Sunday evening if Im not too hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 b2311

I'll be there, name in the hat please!

Also is it reduced entry for Beoir members for this event? How does that work?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Name in the hat please :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

If they're Saturday tickets throw me into the hat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

name in the hat please, going friday or saturday

Advertisement