Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EAT cases

• 03-05-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If more than one employee brings their own individual case to the likes of an EAT, can one cases have a bearing on the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Not sure what you mean.

Precedents are and can be set in the EAT.

IMO an employer would not want to be involved in multiple cases for the same reason e.g. bullying - it wouldn't necessarily look good for them - unless they were winning!

I do not think the EAT has any mechanism for hearing so-called 'class actions' - they don't really work in Ireland I believe - but I'm not a legal type so happy to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

If more than one employee brings their own individual case to the likes of an EAT, can one cases have a bearing on the other?

If you mean does one complaint re for example unfair dismissals being returned unsuccessfully for the employee mean that any other complaint by any other employee against that employer even involving the same incident will be returned unsuccesfull, then no. Each complaint is dealt with on its own merits.

Advertisement