Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I remember the teacher I had at the start of the year the teacher would really get into Hamlet and like was really passionate about it. Although he was very boring lol. The english teacher I have now is really sound and laid back and making sure we all have enough things covered. It's just awkward in english when you're the only girl in the class as the other girls don't turn up. So the teacher thinks I really love english and spend ages doing work. She thinks I really like Hamlet too but I actually prefer the comparative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

Togepi wrote: »
    I haven't gone to a single English class since before Christmas.

YOLO.

how are u able to get away with that? would u not have been suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I haven't gone to a single English class since before Christmas.

YOLO.

I haven't been in school since Yesteryear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

tits magee wrote: »
    how are u able to get away with that? would u not have been suspended?

I'm repeating and the class was studying extra poets, I had four from last year plus Plath so I asked the teacher if I could study in the library instead. She's super sound do she said that was fine, she just had to tell my parents.

Hardcore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

finality wrote: »
    How many awards does your school have? We have one per subject, one overall student of the year, and a few attendance awards. And a person can only get one subject award.

WAY, WAY, WAY too many. Hundreds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I don't always do the Leaving Cert, but when I do, I study for it by posting on boards.ie. ;)

And I hate that feeling when you're trying to study, book in hand, and you start falling asleep intermittently :L Like, you look at the book and try and concentrate reaaaaally hard, but you just start to nod off and before you know it half an hour's gone by :pac: And then you fall asleep again :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Um hi guys, I'm new here. :o So, how's everyone fixed for June? :)

:p

Hmm I seem to remember somebody who was gone for good...
    They all come crawling back to procrastinationland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Cant crawl back if you never left :D

Eathrin wrote: »
    Hmm I seem to remember somebody who was gone for good...
    They all come crawling back to procrastinationland.

I never said I was going for good! I didn't say how long I was leaving for, secretly decided I'd go for a week. :P Lasted eight whole days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My english teacher said to me today 'you've only gone to 10% of classes' and I was like 'are you kidding?' thats bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

GRADUATED !!!! :D:D:D
    but not really considering there is a year assembly and prize giving but whatevs :D I'm a graduate :P
    Togepi I'm dead proud of your 8 days away from boards btw :P :)
    oh and patch loving the sig :P :)

GRADUATED !!!! :D:D:D
    but not really considering there is a year assembly and prize giving but whatevs :D I'm a graduate :P
    Togepi I'm dead proud of your 8 days away from boards btw :P :)

Thank you! :D (See Patchy and Eathrin, some people are nice!) :P :P

Oh and well done on graduating and surviving school. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I spend almost as much time thinking about earlobes as I do about the leaving cert. I'm weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Don't mind the dublin lads :P Us culchies have to stick together right :P :)
    Thank you :) I've not really graduated though... since i'll be going to school next week and the week after .... :(

Don't mind the dublin lads :P Us culchies have to stick together right :P :)
    Thank you :) I've not really graduated though... since i'll be going to school next week and the week after .... :(

Hehe true that. :P OMG snap I'm going in 'til like the end of May! Kind of awks though seeing as I graduated a year ago, but sure! :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Have a make or break physics exam on the experiments tomorrow on the experiments !!! Pretty ****ed for it at, the heat experiments are the only one's i know :rolleyes::(:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Um hi guys, I'm new here. :o So, how's everyone fixed for June? :)

:p

Welcome back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hey, I'm nice:(
    So how's the week been, study much?

Sports day tomorrow morning and I'm a bit injured, I am disappoint, but of course I'll still be gunning for medals:D

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Welcome back :P

It's good to be home. :P

Eathrin wrote: »
    Hey, I'm nice:(
    So how's the week been, study much?

Sports day tomorrow morning and I'm a bit injured, I am disappoint, but of course I'll still be gunning for medals:D

I was joking! :P Hence the multiple smileys. :D It's been grand, surprisingly kind of getting into a decent* study routine now. I still break it once a week though and then have to compensate on weekends. :D But it's a start!

And sorry to hear about the injury, but sure go for glory anyway. :D I've only ever gotten (mildly) injured once, and it was during a warm-up. :cool:

*Decent meaning decent by my standards, ie. up to 3 hours' study a night, almost every night.

• Advertisement

Was it hard not being on boards?
    did you get you're account blocked for sometime?

Was it hard not being on boards?
    did you get you're account blocked for sometime?

Yeah for a week. :)

It was kind of hard at first but I got used to it, helped me slightly with studying so I guess it was a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Yesterday at our awards ceremony our principal was going on about how you only have one life and then she said "this is really all that our school motto is about, which is?" and then loads of people screamed out YOLO instead of VERITAS. It was the best. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Maidin mhaith diobh! It's weird, I actually love gaeilge now that soon enough I won't be obliged to learn it. :rolleyes: It's a good thing I'm pretty much fluent at it already, but I really wanna get really really good at it (which is easy enough seeing as I live in the gaeltacht and everyone in my family speaks it!). idk why, I just have some newfound attachment to it. :D Caithfidh sa bheith deanta!

Now for the studying... Only got like 5-6 hours (max) good studying done yesterday, gotta get the head down today! Helps that I'm not going to the gym but I might just take a break at 3-5 anyway when I usually go there. Feeling good about this LC business now lads :) Yeah, I might not get Biomed, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. (and general science in TCD/NUIG wouldn't be too bad either! :D)

I really hate the examcraft ABQ and the paper overall the Debs seems much easier. I hope the abq we get is more like the debs paper.
    I did the examcraft gonna hand it up to her today we didn't do mocks. I haven't been in her class in 2 weeks either.
    She gave us both papers. I used my book for most of it I just want to check I'm using the right layouts.
    It took me like an hour to do the abq .

Got a Fainne Or today! :D
    And I got a little cert thing for having gone to French club all year, n'aww. :)

Now to try to study. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I really hate the examcraft ABQ and the paper overall the Debs seems much easier. I hope the abq we get is more like the debs paper.
    I did the examcraft gonna hand it up to her today we didn't do mocks. I haven't been in her class in 2 weeks either.
    She gave us both papers. I used my book for most of it I just want to check I'm using the right layouts.
    It took me like an hour to do the abq .

Had exam craft ABQ in mock.

Got full marks.
    :cool:
    proud of myself as it was challenging and the business plan was a throw off. Marking scheme for ExamCraft is not standard and there maybe some discrepancies if it were a real ABQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Bit of a weird question :pac:

How many words do you all fit on a line on a normal A4 page?

I always see people write loads of pages and I try to comfort myself by convincing myself that I write small :pac:

I fit about 13-14 words per line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

Fergus_ wrote: »

I always see people write loads of pages and I try to comfort myself by convincing myself that I write small :pac:

i could see reznov writing something like:

"regardless if you write small,
    i always write at least 8 pages for an essay.
    if i didnt, i would burn it before handing up.
    i wouldnt want the examiner to read such ineptitude on my behalf."

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »

I fit 9 or 10, or sometimes 12 if it has little words on it. My writing's a little squashed and certainly isnt 'tidy' (:() but I think I write the 'average' amount on an A4 page, 200 words. Quality over quantity anyway in most cases :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement