Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair thining of young men

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GEKKO135

I'm not trying to turn people off the idea of taking propecia/finesteride but i'm currently two and a half weeks into taking the medication and I'm nearly 100% confident that i'm not as horny as i used to be. I'm using nizoril shampoo and minoxidil too. I still find women attractive so obviously nothing extreme has happened and my mood is exactly the same. Still my happy self. Having said that i stopped taking it yesterday as my erections have not been as strong as before and that is definitely unnerving! I'd say it goes to about 80% of what it used to be and it does not stand to attention without some sort of mental/physical stimulation. Another thing is that my morning glories are more like morning semis if not less.

I'm seriously afraid to continue so i'm going to see if i go back to my horny self after stopping and then try and reduce my intake of 1.25mg a day to .625 and see how i get on. Wish my genitals luck :o

Hope this helps...but I would also be of the opinion that side effects occur to a much larger percentage of people. Definitely not 2%. The doctor didn't do anything wrong but i have a feeling that he knew 2% is not accurate information. If anyone has any questions shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

GEKKO135 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to turn people off the idea of taking propecia/finesteride but i'm currently two and a half weeks into taking the medication and I'm nearly 100% confident that i'm not as horny as i used to be. I'm using nizoril shampoo and minoxidil too. I still find women attractive so obviously nothing extreme has happened and my mood is exactly the same. Still my happy self. Having said that i stopped taking it yesterday as my erections have not been as strong as before and that is definitely unnerving! I'd say it goes to about 80% of what it used to be and it does not stand to attention without some sort of mental/physical stimulation. Another thing is that my morning glories are more like morning semis if not less.

I'm seriously afraid to continue so i'm going to see if i go back to my horny self after stopping and then try and reduce my intake of 1.25mg a day to .625 and see how i get on. Wish my genitals luck :o

Hope this helps...but I would also be of the opinion that side effects occur to a much larger percentage of people. Definitely not 2%. The doctor didn't do anything wrong but i have a feeling that he knew 2% is not accurate information. If anyone has any questions shoot.

I was the same man, I also believe it's closer to bloody 50% than 2%. Anyhow, I can't even take .625 but I have fully eh...got 100% bone back and I was taking 1.25 then /.625 for months/ I might try and go back on it at like .200

Also, yeah the doctor had no idea for me. Luckily, Minoxidil and Nizoral are working for me, I just started getting back like my whole hairline although it still has noi color, you can see it in light, starting to grow in. So if I can manage to add just a little bit of Finasteride in, might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm in the same boat. Been taking Finasteride now for a few years but the temples are still retreating at a depressing rate. I also use Nizoral x2 per week.

Has anyone been for a consultation with a HT surgeon? How did you get on with them? I was considering HRBR for a consultation for €250 - but I was wondering if anyone has had experience of them?

I''m thinking of now starting Spectral DNC - it seems to get good reviews. Has anyone on here tried it and has it worked, done nothing or made it worse? I've read that this product produces a large initial shed but that it grows back. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

I'm in the same boat. Been taking Finasteride now for a few years but the temples are still retreating at a depressing rate. I also use Nizoral x2 per week.

Has anyone been for a consultation with a HT surgeon? How did you get on with them? I was considering HRBR for a consultation for €250 - but I was wondering if anyone has had experience of them?

I''m thinking of now starting Spectral DNC - it seems to get good reviews. Has anyone on here tried it and has it worked, done nothing or made it worse? I've read that this product produces a large initial shed but that it grows back. Is this correct?

That's actually where I went, I don't really recommend HRBR to be honest, they didn't seem very professional imo. He put me on the big 3 which is what I would have done anyway, he basically told me the info I found out on the net, but I thought I needed to get a Finateride prescription off him, didn't know if Gp's would give me one. I recommend adding Minoxidil to your treatment and see if it does anything because i'm having some results with that alone (+ niz)iright now. Apparently Finasteride and Minox together rocks, I use Kirkland minox from Ebay...much cheaper than Rogaine but same product(apparently)

They also tried to convince me that Finasteride has no side effects and it's extremely rare. From different boards around the net it seems different though, much more, no one really reports persistent side effects though among my travels. Seems you can either tolerate it or you can't. And have to wait for it to leave the system after that

Have no idea about the spectral stuff. Anyway, you can try HRBR if you like but they'll probably put you on Minoxidil and if it doesn't work, offer a hair transplant/ They didn't mention any other treatments at all to me while I there, the Miniturisation test was also sceptchy too, I thought it was supposed to be done under a microscope to have confirmation? The guy took pictures of my temples and there were a few mini hairs though so I dunno if that is valid or not

Ah Hairloss, proof god either doesn't exist, or is a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

I'm 50 and I've been bald since I was 19 or 20. It bothered me a little at that age, all things considered I'd have preferred to have a head of hair. At that age, when all but the most confident are to some degree socially awkward, and perhaps especially when it comes to the pursuit of women (speaking for myself at least), I felt I could have done without losing my hair.

The good news is that if baldness were unattractive to women then natural selection would have eliminated it millennia ago. It has not because, for the most part, women don't really care.

I have two young sons, one has his mother's hairline, but I think that in a few years I'll be giving this advice to the other!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've been hit pretty bad with receding hair the last few months, it was grand until I was 24, then close enough to my 25th, both temples started peeling back pretty rapidly. I am going to give Minox/Niz a go, but I refuse to try Propecia, I know the odds are unlikely but there are too many horror stories out there surrounding its use, the worst being permanent impotency. As for taking .2 Fin etc, what's the point - why not try something like Saw Palmetto, which works more or less like a very weak Finasterade. I figured I'd give that a go too, alongside Minox and Nizoral, but if it doesn't help much I figure I'll just have to get a buzz cut. Funny thing though, that only since I started receding have I noticed that more or less 50% of men I see daily around my age or slightly older do have receding hairlines, I just never would have noticed before.

Off propecia for five days now and i am already feeling like my old sexually frustrated self. Quite a relief but still upsetting knowing ill be losing my hair. I'm sure I'll come to terms with it at some stage though

OK, wasn't going to post this due to embarrassment but I think it's too important to keep from people who are considering propecia to prevent hairloss. I am now two weeks off propecia. I came off the drug because I was feeling side effects with regards to sexual functionality etc [check previous posts]. After 4 or 5 days my libido was back to normal and it was all hunky dory. However, 3 days later after work I wasn't feeling well. I had a sickish feeling in my lower abdominal region, my testicles where extremely sore and my lower back was stiff. I thought nothing of it but the next morning my balls were still sore and still had the bad feeling in my lower abs.

I went straight to the doctor. He tested a urine sample which was negative meaning infection was ruled out so he put me on an anti-inflammatory. Two days later the swelling had subsided as well as the pain in my balls. Unfortunately it's been replaced with an aching feeling in my perineum/gooch area making it difficult to sit down for long and is just uncomfortable in general. Another visit to the doctor and still no infection and he was slightly baffled to be honest. He said there was no doubt that the finesteride was the cause for my problems and said to continue with the anti-inflammatories.

My simple theory is that finesteride served one of its other functions and had shrunken my prostate by blocking DHT. So once I stopped taking finesteride I imagine my prostate has now had a negative reaction to or is unable to cope with the increased levels of DHT. As a result my gooch is killing me and after reading horror stories on the internet, not so dissimilar to mine, I'm fearing that I may now have a condition called chronic prostatitis. It's still early days but I'm now in a state of panic and will probably be getting blood tests done next week. I've no idea what to do really and hopefully the pain will subside. I will make sure to give an update soon.

On one of my first posts I said that I'm not trying to stop people using this drug but now I feel like I have a obligation to tell people not to. I would never recommend this drug to anybody. If I could go back to 3 weeks I would punch myself in the nose and throw the propecia down the toilet. That's what I'd do anyway. Please don't take the risk, It's not worth it if you consider the position I'm now in.

Just want to give one last update on how I'm getting on. Had a very rough week last week with side effects especially pains in what could only have been my prostate. Thankfully the pains have subsided a lot and I'm hoping my hormones levels and whatnot are back on track and that they'll stay that way. I can't explain how frightened I was. It was probably the scariest thing that's happened to me. I spent days on the internet to see what was happening to me and it was actually worrying to read the amount of similar stories to mine. What really worried me was the fact that nobody really mentioned that they recovered so my head was in a right tizzy.

Anyway, thankfully that chapter of my life is over and I can move onto the next one, that being the bald mid-life crises finasteride relapse part....haha i doubt that somehow.

Just want to give one last update on how I'm getting on. Had a very rough week last week with side effects especially pains in what could only have been my prostate. Thankfully the pains have subsided a lot and I'm hoping my hormones levels and whatnot are back on track and that they'll stay that way. I can't explain how frightened I was. It was probably the scariest thing that's happened to me. I spent days on the internet to see what was happening to me and it was actually worrying to read the amount of similar stories to mine. What really worried me was the fact that nobody really mentioned that they recovered so my head was in a right tizzy.

Anyway, thankfully that chapter of my life is over and I can move onto the next one, that being the bald mid-life crises finasteride relapse part....haha i doubt that somehow.

That sounds rough. I think there are a lot more suffering from Propecia than is known. The side effects are massive ranging from those you outline above to problems with semen viscosity, lack of sex drive, penile shrinkage etc.

Out of interest, have you got any more feedback from your GP as to what actually happened? I've been to my GP for a check up and mentioned that I was taking it and suffering some side effects. I'm still awaiting a response - it's an approved drug for hair loss, but I think the manufacturers are lying big time about its side effects.

I've just noticed that the FDA are re-opening a safety review of the drug. You might have made a good call there!

• Advertisement

My GP didn't really have a definite diagnosis and he didn't comment to much on the drug as he wasn't extremely familiar with it. That said he still believed it was the cause and said that hormones are not worth experimenting with for the sake of having hair. He really did give me peace of mind though as he ruled out most of the potentially serious conditions ie prostate cancer, epyditimitus, prostatitis. I wouldn't say I'm out of the woods though as I still have very mild pains as if I've been lightly kicked in the nuts or something but still improving every day.

Can I ask how long you're on propecia and how you're finding it? From my research the worst affected from propecia are those who come off of it after years of use.

My GP didn't really have a definite diagnosis and he didn't comment to much on the drug as he wasn't extremely familiar with it. That said he still believed it was the cause and said that hormones are not worth experimenting with for the sake of having hair. He really did give me peace of mind though as he ruled out most of the potentially serious conditions ie prostate cancer, epyditimitus, prostatitis. I wouldn't say I'm out of the woods though as I still have very mild pains as if I've been lightly kicked in the nuts or something but still improving every day.

Can I ask how long you're on propecia and how you're finding it? From my research the worst affected from propecia are those who come off of it after years of use.

I was going to reply via PM, but I think it is important that any others reading this are made aware of the problems with propecia.

I've been on it for approx 4 - 5 years. I've currently no balding at the crown although my temples have receded to the point where I've got a definite widows peak.

I'm trying to 'wean' myself off it in the hope that slowly decreasing myself off it will lessen the problems you've had rather than going cold turkey.

I've had the dull ache that you've mentioned. I've seen my doctor about it and am concerned about many of the issues as I've had a few of them. I've also seen that Chinese researchers have seen it reduces penis size in mice (or possibly rats).

The side-effects vastly outweigh any benefits. Therefore, I'm coming off it now. The fact that the FDA has opened a new safety review of the drug. I'm not waiting around to find out what I think will be an obvious outcome. Far more people are being effected that the manufacturers quote. As the side-effects gradually kick in I think many men just accept it or assume that it might be age related.

Are you now giving up on hair loss products or are you going to try something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks for sharing. It's hugely important to share these stories, I read through hundreds of them over the course of a few weeks and decided to avoid Propecia, it's high success rate comes at a high price for a lot of individuals. That said, however, a friend used it, and had absolutely zero side effects - it's a game of roulette really, you're simply not going to know until you try, but it is a chance I'm not willing to take. Not when, at the end of the day, a receding or balding head never stopped anyone from achieving anything in life, really!

I've started using minoxidil foam, taking saw palmetto and using Nizoral shampoo. If it's not going to help, I'm just going to accept the inevitable. :p

I definitely think weaning off of it is a good idea. I imagine it will result in less of a shock to the system so hopefully your body can readjust at a gradual pace and hopefully your prostate wont flare up like mine did.

I think it's great that the FDA is having another safety review of the product as the studies previously taken really don't stand up to scrutiny. I found it ironic/frightening that the anti-inflammatories I've been using are produced by Merck, the same company that produces finasteride!! Kind of surprised they haven't made me spontaneously combust or something.

Anyway, to answer your question funky-monkey, I'm going to continue using Kirklands Minoxidil and Nizoril shampoo for the next year anyway.

Good luck with coming off the drug anyway. If it does cause side-effects just try not to panic, give it a couple of weeks maybe even months seeing as you're on it for a while. At least you know that I got through it. Actually, I should of mentioned that I did some things that did help with the pain - jogging seemed to really help and may have increased blood flow to the area, taking very hot baths helped to relax the muscles and drinking loads of green tea to detox. Hope this helps man, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tonto9999

I've being on propecia, minoxidol and nizoral for 1 year.For the first month i experienced small side effects like tightness when going to the toilet, lasted about 2 weeks and thought i was losing my sex drive but i think the whole sex drive thing was just worry i reckon because of some of the stories i heard.Im 27 and was losing hair on my hairline and temples.
    My hair has gone so much stronger and thicker in that 1 year and not perfect but i was seriously impressed.I went to hair restoration blackrock 250 euro, he took a few photos and talk me through the different treatment.Seriously over priced for what it was plus the treatment costs but I went too a 2 doc's in Kerry and they wont prescribe propecia because it was not licensed in Ireland for hair restoration.
    Anyone know doc's in Kerry or cork will prescribe propecia?
    I don't fancy driving up from Kerry to Dublin for 40 minutes chat to a get another script.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Propecia is poison:eek:

http://www.propeciahelp.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭john.west

tonto9999 are you using the 1mg Finasteride tablets or the 5mg Proscar tablets broken into quarters? Do you mind me asking how much your paying for them?

I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm 31 and have being receeding in the temples and thinning in the frontal hairline over the past 3 to 4 years. It wasn't too bad and I didn't take too much notice until it got worse about a year ago. Then it really started to annoy me and knock my confidence. Apart from that I have a pretty strong full head of hair. No sign of any being lost at the crown or on top of my head where for the most part its pretty thick and full to be fair. I have being told I am NW3.

I am on the same medication to yourself for the last 6 to 7 months. Generic minoxidil with the brand name Kirkland bought online (works out at about one third of the price of Regaine and is the exact same product). I have being buying Proscar 5mg online from a country where they are over the counter and breaking them into quarters. There are 30 tablets in a box so a box of them lasts 120 days or three boxes per annum. The guy I have dealt with is pretty thorough in fairness. The townland in my address can have north or south in it. Fisrt time I ordered I never input North and he emailed me back to check if I was North or South.... Judging by his name he is Irish. To be honest I don't think I could afford the Finasteride longterm.

As the Proscar is for treating Prostate cancer I don't think a doctor in Ireland can prescribe them for hairloss but stand to be corrected on that one. Proscar cut into 4 is effectively the exact same as Finasteride except Finateride is 1mg while if you get an exact quarter of a Proscar pill its 1.25mg...difference is nothing worth talking about. It can be a bit of a b!tch to get 4 even quarters and often when they break you will get a bit of powder but I just lap up the powder also.

The one little thing is that you do run the small risk of customs siezing the package at Dublin airport. However, the guy I buy of said he never seen it happen and he has sent many many packages to Republic of Ireland at this stage, so its a riak Im willing to take. I would get it in Ireland if it was a case of walking into my doctor and him prescribing me Proscar in the knowledge I was going to cut it into quarters and take it accordignly but something tells me that wouldn't happen. Finasteride would be too expensive and even if I could get my hands on it in this bloody country Proscar probably would be too.

I have noticed noting in the way of side effects from the Proscar. My sex drive has not changed immensly, no notable difference. In fact if anything I'm a bit better able to maintain erections for longer which I've read can be experienced by some men using it. I will say though that everyone is different and I appreciate that the medication can have potentially serious side effects for some guys so please not accordignly

I am also washing my hair with Nizoral shampoo once a week or every 5 days. Now as for the results. Overall I'm pretty disappointed really. I had a serious shed when I started the medications. This was very tough for me as my hair looked cat in fairness. However, I got over it as I had read its good if you shed a lot of hair at the start. The weaker hairs that are barely hanging in there fall out as a stronger more fuller hair takes root in the folicule underneath. As such I looked past it as best I could and got on with things in the knowledge that the medication was working as intended.

However, 6 to 7 months on I'm back to where I was just about before I started the medications, maybe marginally better.

I do appreciate I should really be giving the medications a full year to 14 months before I make a decisive judgement, hair can stay in a resting and hibernating phase for a period of time etc etc. I do acknowledge that I will not see any gains back in the temples where hair receeded a few years ago. Its gone for good there unless I get a hair transplant. Thats exactly what I'm planning on doing in the next few months if I dont see any futher improvement in my hairline.

I had an online consultation and was told I need approx 1,500 to 2k grafts as it stands. I won't be getting it done in Dublin with that Maurice Collins guy though. I acknowledge hes suppose to be good but approx €10 per graft....well I doubt hes that good either:rolleyes:

So thats my hairloss story. If anyone would like further details on the Proscar from me please IM me and I will supply the details of where I buy and and other info that may assist as best I can.

One other thing. For those who post on threads such as these saying shave it all off, or it cant be treated etc etc and then quote such posts saying +1 etc please stop ye fu*king idiots. It can be treated and a shaved head is not the ideal look for every guy. I would hate to have to shave my head longterm so will try to keep my hair and even regain it back if possible. Do ye not realise how fu*king idiotic a response that is to a guy who is looking to maintain and get back his hair

Its not worth the risk of taking Propecia/Finasteride

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gotobread

don't worry about it, it's dangerous if you use chemicals like them to regrow your hair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clark2014

Irish Doctor Andrew Rynne recently wrote an article warning people not to use propecia under any circumstances.

from medicaladviceforyou.com
    Baldness is natural

Male Pattern Baldness - the statistics

The global statistics for male pattern baldness or hair loss are quite staggering and of course speak for themselves:baldness cure

40% of men will have noticeable hair loss by age 35.
    60% of men will have noticeable hair loss by age 60.
    70% of men will have noticeable hair loss by age 80.
    The hair transplant business in America is worth $ 1.3 billion annually.
    In 2010 worldwide 279,381 men had surgical hair transplants.

So what does all this tell you? It should tell you quite simply that male pattern baldness is a normal age related phenomena. It should tell you that it is not a disease or a condition that requires medical treatment. That said, it also shows that there are an awful lot of men out there who simply do not accept this testosterone and age related natural phenomena. And equally, there are plenty of doctors out there who are all too ready to exploit this weakness in men’s self-image and confidence.

An inability to accept yourself as you are reflects a lack of self confidence or self esteem. It comes from within not from without. As Eleanor Roosevelt so wisely pointed out: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” When I see a bald man walk into a room I see self confidence and someone to be admired. When I see a man walk into a room wearing an ill-fitting toupee I see weakness and I feel sorry for him. I have always counselled patients that if they are having self esteem issues as a result of baldness then the first point of remedy should be a psychotherapist rather than a doctor.

Baldness cure - Propecia, Proscar or Finasteride

This drug group was designed and licensed to treat Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and to slow down the progress of metastatic prostate cancer. Its action is to block the conversion of Testosterone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is the potent active form of this androgen or sex hormone. In a word, Finasteride renders testosterone useless. Once the testosterone can’t act on the hair follicles it slows down the balding process. It does have side effects though.

The sexual side-effects of Finasteride

The sexual side-effects of Finasteride may appear while the man is taking it or, more usually, when he stops taking it. To say that these side-effects go away when the man stops taking Finasteride is a lie peddled by those making a fortune in prescribing it. The sexual side-effects of Finasteride remain on indefinitely and there is, as yet, no cure or proper understanding of them. Symptoms of Post Propecia Syndrome vary a lot from victim to victim but the chief ones would be:

Total loss of libido or sex drive.
    Loss of nocturnal or spontaneous erections.
    Penile numbness.
    Testicular atrophy.
    Erectile dysfunction.
    Sexual Adhedonia or the inability to experience any pleasure from sexual stimulation or ejaculation.
    Insomnia, anxiety, brain fog and depression leading to suicide.
    Urinary frequency disturbing night’s sleep.

What percent of men taking Finasteride develop Post Propecia Syndrome? As yet we do not have accurate figures for this question. It could be as high as 2% but does that matter? If only one man in a thousand developed this horrible, hideous life sapping disease then that, in my opinion would be one too many. I would not recommend taking Finasteride as a treatment for male pattern baldness but rather consult with your doctor on alternative treatment options. If you would like to gain a professional medical opinion on how best to deal with balding then use the link to contact us for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My brother is planning on going to a clinic in Turkey for hair grafts.

He has has it done before in cork and dub.

He has done loads of research and the Turks are the most advanced. Plus best price per graft.

I am concerned about the safety. You hear horror stories about people getting their teeth done in Budapest etc.

His girlfriend is totally nonchalant.

What are your thoughts??
    Anyone have any experience/done research re hair grafts? Here or abroad?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What are your thoughts??

He should wear his baldness with pride and save his money for beer and bacon sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Zaph wrote: »
    He should wear his baldness with pride and save his money for beer and bacon sandwiches.

And wimmins.

Dr Andrew Rynne calls Propecia a "dangerous toxic medication"

Also it caused this man to attempt suicide.

I dont know how hair loss clinics are able to get away with peddling this poison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

This isn't a cure,it's not even a steroid...it's an anti-cancer medication that can destroy your reproductive system..not worth taking no matter how bald you are.

The best thing to do when you start to go bald is get used to it..cut your hair short and get on with your life!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

As an aero-dynamically enhanced man myself, i feel that there's only 2 manlyways to deal with this blessing: either dont give a flook about it, or else shave it and THEN dont give a flook about it.
    All this malarkey of giving people money for a bit of coverage reeks of desperation to me.
    In my (happy) experience there's plenty of wimminz who'll gladly have a suave and manly bloke (again, speaking from experience), without counting the strands of hair on his well-formed head.

"Feel the velvet baby"
    - Kojak

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Although, I must share a cautionary note on shaving it all off.

A while back I took this very route and on more than one occasion was asked if I had medical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

ok i said i have to post reply as i am currently taking this medication with zero side effects. All medications have side effects simple as but for some reason this drug is getting highlighted in past few years. The drug has been on the market since 1997 and its amazing how only in the past few years certain men have being going online about sides. Im not saying they are no sides just not near the % people on here would lead you to believe. As far shaving it off thats fine if you want to but i know i certainly would look v different and less attractive bald. Im just here giving the other side to the story.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    ok i said i have to post reply as i am currently taking this medication with zero side effects. All medications have side effects simple as but for some reason this drug is getting highlighted in past few years. The drug has been on the market since 1997 and its amazing how only in the past few years certain men have being going online about sides. Im not saying they are no sides just not near the % people on here would lead you to believe. As far shaving it off thats fine if you want to but i know i certainly would look v different and less attractive bald. Im just here giving the other side to the story.

You may only get sides AFTER you stop taking the drug.

Only a few months ago a young Doctor who took the Propecia committed suicide.

Its beggars belief that this drug is still on the market after all the suicides it has caused. Hair loss is not an illness. The risks from using this drug far outweigh its benefits.

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/daniel-m-stewart-1976-2014/

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »
    This isn't a cure,it's not even a steroid...it's an anti-cancer medication that can destroy your reproductive system..not worth taking no matter how bald you are.

The best thing to do when you start to go bald is get used to it..cut your hair short and get on with your life!

HRBR promote this drug as being harmless I dont know how they can get away with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement