Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ashes of 9/11

• 11-09-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this.
    9/11 through the eyes of the Irish there/their relatives.
    Quite good IMO.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah i found it very good in part the guy from Dublin who was a firefighter and then went to Iraq after 9/11, fair play to him.
    Also the issue of the health problems affecting the people who worked on ground zero is something that needs to get more media coverage.

Another doco Surviving 9/11 is on RTE 1 at 23:20 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Excellent doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

They were brave enough to show the jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

has someone a link for it online,, I missed it,

• Advertisement

They were brave enough to show the jumpers.

Yeah i saw that, most docs on 9/11 refuse to show the jumpers, it really does bring a tear to your eye when you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

My Aunt was interviewed on that program,she lost her husband Martin that day.Her interview was recorded last May,she gave them the answering machine tapes that have Martin's last 2 phone calls on them.I heard them not long after it happened and never want to hear them again,so i didnt watch it tonight,too hard.
    IMO showing the ppl who jumped is sick:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I think it's almost being treated like "Paddy's Day" which is sick. Apart from the endless tv shows, I heard a regional radio show dedicate their last hour to American music "for the day that's in it". Shocking and sick. You'd swear it was like the 4th of July, or Paddy's Day. 1000s of people died tragically.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think the worst part of them showing the jumpers is the noise they made when they hit the ground...mind numbing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Yeah i found it very good in part the guy from Dublin who was a firefighter and then went to Iraq after 9/11, fair play to him.
    Also the issue of the health problems affecting the people who worked on ground zero is something that needs to get more media coverage.

Fair play (and then some) to anyone who was in the emergency services that day

But the fact that he went off to an illegal war afterwards = sickening!

• Advertisement
Advertisement