Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hey guys, how much is the Walking Dead costing on the Vita? It's out today but I'm in work so I can't find out the price.

It's up on the PC Store now for €19.99.

Here You Go: Walking Dead PS Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

The Walking Dead is amazing. It was my GOTY last year. I played it on PS3 but i'd love to play it on my vita! I don't think its cross buy though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

i just downloaded monster hunter freedom unite. i wanted to use the second analogue stick but i cant seem to map it. ive watched youtube clips that make it look as easy as holding your finger on the screen to bring up a menu but it doesnt work.

any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think they changed how you do that. Try holding down the ps button and I think that will bring up those options now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Klair88 wrote: »
    The Walking Dead is amazing. It was my GOTY last year. I played it on PS3 but i'd love to play it on my vita! I don't think its cross buy though. :(

Downloading it now. Can't wait to play it.

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think they changed how you do that. Try holding down the ps button and I think that will bring up those options now

ah fair play. wored a charm. looking forward to this now. bad camera movement just ruins games for me.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's probably been mentioned but Tearaway is only £20 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Tearaway-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00DCUO1WI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378382459&sr=

Courtesy of Aaronh07

While I pre ordered it, I also ordered Killzone and Rayman Legends for vita, both £28 (and a PS4) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Is there anywhere in Dublin that does decent cases for the Vita? Preferably not to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

I am thinking of picking up a Vita today and just wondering I had a few ps one classics on my ps3 (broke and sold for parts), does it work like Itunes that the games are on my account and I can just download them onto my Vita? also any advice or games to get would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Nopeare wrote: »
    I am thinking of picking up a Vita today and just wondering I had a few ps one classics on my ps3 (broke and sold for parts), does it work like Itunes that the games are on my account and I can just download them onto my Vita? also any advice or games to get would be appreciated

Yeah all ps1 downloads are tied to your account so you should be able to download them to your vita. I think there's some games that might not be vita compatible though.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    Yeah all ps1 downloads are tied to your account so you should be able to download them to your vita. I think there's some games that might not be vita compatible though.

Thanks might take the plunge and just get it so

Edit: Is the PS plus worth getting? what do you get with it for the vita if you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

How much would you pay for a brand new PlayStation Vita on Ebay ? I'm thinking of getting one on EBay as I got a Xperia phone at a significant discount but I'm not 100% what a reasonable price is. I know its €200 new.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    How much would you pay for a brand new PlayStation Vita on Ebay ? I'm thinking of getting one on EBay as I got a Xperia phone at a significant discount but I'm not 100% what a reasonable price is. I know its €200 new.

Why not check out some of the XtraVision's closing down. There's one near me selling it with a 30% discount.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks might take the plunge and just get it so

Edit: Is the PS plus worth getting? what do you get with it for the vita if you do?

Have a look on the store - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Totally worth it. In the past I've gotten Wipeout, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Mortal Kombat and a rake of other titles. If you join this month you'll basically get 6 free games to play: Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Jak and Daxtar Trilogy, Stealth, Urban Trial and New Little King Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Is the PS plus worth getting? what do you get with it for the vita if you do?

There is NO reason not to get it! ;) Only thing is you will at least need a 8gb memory card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Why not check out some of the XtraVision's closing down. There's one near me selling it with a 30% discount.

The one beside me is staying open. They are around €180 on Ebay but I don't think it will drop much below that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I picked up Killzone, but I'm still balls deep in Diablo 3, so it might be a while before it get's a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Picked up walking dead heard great things about it, currently waiting for it to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yeah but as someone already said get a right good memory card 8GB minimum but 16GB if you can.

aindriu80 wrote: »

Check Adverts they are always up there in bundles, I know its 2nd hand but it can save you a bit of dosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Grayditch wrote: »
    I picked up Killzone, but I'm still balls deep in Diablo 3, so it might be a while before it get's a spin.

NOM NOM NOM

3sxi.jpg

Currently making my way through this months ps plus titles. Really enjoying uncharted. My first uncharted game. The touch screen surprisingly adds to the experience imo.

Started gravity rush as well. Kind of reminds me a bit of Bayonetta which is no bad thing. Love the art style as well.

I reckon I'll play loads of games I normally wouldn't. Gravity rush is a case in point as is new little kings which I'm looking forward to starting.

There's not enough time in a month to get through the free games nevermind the ones I want to buy.

Killzone Mercenary looks deadly but there's just not enough time damn it!!

Maybe quit work to play vita.... Or or bring vita to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Argos have them for 215 with the 8mb card with 10 games. Just make sure to add the memory card in the order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats killzone like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Argos have them for 215 with the 8mb card with 10 games. Just make sure to add the memory card in the order.

Link my friend ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I always play with inverted Y on consoles, but it never feels right on Vita. I'm all over the place with Killzone, I think I need to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

ads20101 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any info when the vita Netflix app is available over here?

To my knowledge it is only on the US psn vita acc's

About time they sorted this, any idea what the story is? Trying netflix and actually liking it on ps3.

Totally worth it. In the past I've gotten Wipeout, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Mortal Kombat and a rake of other titles. If you join this month you'll basically get 6 free games to play: Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Jak and Daxtar Trilogy, Stealth, Urban Trial and New Little King Story.

Once you download them once are they like the other games on your account where you can download them again anytime you want?

I bought it and have to say quiet like Gravity rush (not usually my type of game) and wipeout.

I bought the PS vita for €150 in xtra vision in finglas
    then got Need for speed €20 Gravity rush €20 and the 8gb memory card and 10 games for €50 in gamestop so €240 in total think I did ok

Need to buy a case maybe another 8/16gb memory card (doubt I'd need 32gb) and maybe a ps plus account

• Advertisement

Once you download them once are they like the other games on your account where you can download them again anytime you want?

I bought it and have to say quiet like Gravity rush (not usually my type of game) and wipeout.

I bought the PS vita for €150 in xtra vision in finglas
    then got Need for speed €20 Gravity rush €20 and the 8gb memory card and 10 games for €50 in gamestop so €240 in total think I did ok

Need to buy a case maybe another 8/16gb memory card (doubt I'd need 32gb) and maybe a ps plus account

You have the month to download them but once they're gone from the PS Plus, they can't be downloaded for free as far as I can figure out. I just bung them on to me hard drive and get them off that when I need them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement