Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Collar [* Spoilers *]

• 17-09-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Another hit for the network????
    White Collar is about the unlikely partnership of a con artist and an FBI agent who have been playing cat and mouse for years. Neal Caffrey a charming criminal mastermind, is finally caught by his nemesis, FBI Agent Peter Burke. When Neal escapes from a maximum-security prison to find his long-lost love, Peter nabs him once again. Rather than returning to jail, Neal suggests an alternate plan: He'll provide his criminal expertise to assist the Feds in catching other elusive criminals in exchange for his eventual freedom. Initially wary, Peter quickly finds that Neal provides insight and intuition that can't be found on the right side of the law.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/whitecollar/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sounds like it could be fun.
    Tiffani Thiessen though? Seriously? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The trailer that was released a few months back looks kind of cheesy, but I'll check it out anyway. I loved Matt Bomer on Tru Calling & Chuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

starts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cool :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tiffany...does she still use the Amber part?, need to get her back on 90210....mole chick was hot back in the day, yaw....i'm old enough to remember the mid 90's.

• Advertisement

Twas good...i liked it!, loved how yer man got himsself hooked up with a swanky pad :-)
    Whatcha think?

It did quite well in the ratings:http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/26/white-collar-premiere-averages-5-4-million-viewers/31572

71 mins?...was that with adds?....mine was 60 mins?

I liked it alot. Made me laugh in places, and it was good fun. Closer to Leverage than Burn Notice I think. The back story with the girlfriend is a bit weak though. Might have been better if he had to unravel some sort of conspiracy that dropped him in prison in the first place.

I'll be sticking with this one anyway....

Really enjoyed it - the two leads work well together. Agree that it is closer to Leverage than Burn Notice but in my book, that's a good thing anyway :). The whole girlfriend thing might turn out to be more than it seems, it already is obvious that it is not just his girlfriend dumping him, there's more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Decent pilot, will prolly stick with this one and see where it goes. And nice to see Naomi from Lost does her grocery shopping in Des Kelly's these days ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah i'll watch a few more and see how it goes.

We're five episodes in....what do you think?, pilot was great but the next 3 were weak...latest one introduced Kate proper, not sure what the hell that is all about, but i like the husband a wife couple aka Tiffani Theisen and yer FBI man....they make a good couple, not dysfunctional or cheating on each other.

Last ep. was kinda funny in the hotel room with the two girls tryna get yer FBI man to get jiggy. Overall....not a great series.

Yeah I agree, its kind of fizzled out for me too. The silly chain of clues to Kate made no sense. If she is being held by someone against her will, surely it would have made more sense for her or her 'kidnappers' to just call Neal 5 weeks ago when he got out of prison. :rolleyes:

2 more episodes to go before a 2 month break.

Woah!....didn't see that midseason finale ending coming!
    Peter kidnapped Kate?, he looked all menacing in that chair, is he a bad guy then or is he simply using Kate to get something from Neil?, apparently he's got stuff stashed away from his crime days, maybe Neil has something Peter wants and is using Kate?

Really good ending, shocker!....that ending made me wanna see more eps. now to see how that plotpoint plays out.

Best episode since the pilot, but the ending was a bit of a kick in the goolies.
    Stretching believability a bit. I see a shark fin in the distance, and the jaws music is playing.... Has a show ever jumped the shark in less than 8 episodes?
    Not sure I buy it. I think there is more here than meets the eye. I hope the explanation is a good one.

I get the jump shark, but i liked that twist....it makes it interesting, otherwise it's just another buddy cop show with fine art. Clearly Peter is after something, using Kate to get it....thing is, none of the episodes gave any indication to this twist/ending...ergo, mr. jump shark.

It depends on the later eps. play out, he might not be Mr. Evil but is on a secret case, or maybe blackmail etc.

White Collar has been renewed for a second season by USA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
    The series' creator and executive producer Jeff Eastin tweeted the news late Friday. "Congratulations to the best cast and crew on television," he wrote.
    No details have been released on how many episodes USA has ordered or when the second season will premiere. White Collar will return for the second half of its first season Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 10/9c.
    White Collar chronicles the misadventures of a con man who evades jail time by using his skills as a forger and a thief to help the FBI solve crimes. The series debuted to 5.4 million viewers in October and ended its initial seven-episode run to a series-high of 5.5 million viewers earlier this month.

Good, it's not a great show...but it's enjoyable enough, but the mid season finale certainly opened up alot of cans, that final scene alone warrants watching what happens now.

Its back tonight

Hopefullly we find out more about the Peter and Kate situation

• Advertisement

What did you guys think?....i thought the ep. was very good as was the story, but i was disappointed that Peter turned out NOT to be the baddy.

While i 100% get it would invoke shark jumping accusations, i just felt it would have been an interesting direction for the show to take. As such they explained away the ring and meeting Kate.

So he's still a good guy, and Kate has her own agenda....i hope there is another twist with this plotline though. This music box lark....what is that FBI guy after?
    It was a solid ep. and it ratings were actually very good:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/20/white-collars-return-draws-4-7-million-viewers-1-6-adults-18-49-rating/39501

The pilot was great but went downhill in the middle, the last two eps. were much better, it's got enough to warrent continued watching.

Ep. 9 was really good, very enjoyable....it's got alot better since the mid season finale, this whole Kate/Folwer thing is actually starting to throw up some interesting twists/plots.

I really like Tiffany Theisen in this show, her boobs are ace!

New ep. last nite, three more to go i think....wht did y'all think?, not seen it yet.

Ratings recover well, last weeks Lost premiere hit it's numbers:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/10/white-collar-rebounds/41673

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/10/will-usa-move-psych-and-white-collar-back-to-fridays/41638

No new episode next week, haven't seen ep. 11 as yet...have a 720p ready to rock for a viewing session tonight :-)

Ep. 11 was actually rather good, bit of arc progression with the music box and Kate. I do like the chemistry between Peter and Neil....but i want to see more of Amber Theisen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FBI agent Diana Lancing has been upgraded to a full-fledged series regular for Season 2

I don't think anyone else is watching, Rich....
    It won't win an Emmy any time soon, but I still think this is a fun show and I'm really enjoying it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't think anyone else is watching, Rich....

I'm still watching (and enjoying it!) :). Though it did drop near the bottom of my queue for awhile, I only got around to watching episodes 9 and 10 yesterday and haven't watched this week's yet. Too many shows and too many games to get through (and then there's pesky "real life" always getting in the way too)!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FBI agent Diana Lancing has been upgraded to a full-fledged series regular for Season 2

Who :confused:

• Advertisement

Who :confused:

Played by Marsha Thomason - she was Peter's "right hand" in the pilot but never re-appeared so it's odd she's going to be a series regular in season 2...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859720/

Advertisement