Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dcully wrote: »
    Hit lvl 80 over the weekend and now dont know what to do at all.
    WvW is enjoyable in the way a game of battlefield is or another fps but since im a pve player at heart im not sure how long ill be interested in logging in.
    Dare i say it but guild wars 2 like many an mmo before has once again shown me just how good WOW pve is.

I hit 80 over the week end too. But, I'm finding a lot of things to do. I'm working on getting legendaries and going back to explore more of what I missed (I want to find all the easter eggs that are out there). I haven't done any dungeons yet so I plan on doing some of them. WvW is getting better ( less zergy) so, that has been keeping me busy too. When I get bored of all that I'll start Levelling a Necro. I don't think your alone though. GW 2 is so different from other MMO's were PVE endgame = raiding. There's no sub so take break if your feeling a little lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I can not believe this patch they released it now instead of getting tokens in explore mode after each boss you only get them for completing the entire path and considering how cluster f** these can be thats going result in getting nothing but a repair bill if your group ends up quitting. Also its bugged and some people are getting say 6 tokens while other in the group are getting up to 60.

Also they havent even addressed anything with the minion ai or control :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The more i explored the world the more bugs i found,missing skill point NPCs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Did i pick up an actual retail copy? if so were??

Was into 5 different shops in town the weekend and not one of them had it instock!:(

Nope, did a search of Dublin city centre as well over the weekend and turned up nothing. Ended up buying a digital download copy on greenmangaming with a 20% discount code and 6% Quidco cash back.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I can not believe this patch they released it now instead of getting tokens in explore mode after each boss you only get them for completing the entire path and considering how cluster f** these can be thats going result in getting nothing but a repair bill if your group ends up quitting. Also its bugged and some people are getting say 6 tokens while other in the group are getting up to 60.

Also they havent even addressed anything with the minion ai or control :(

Don't have a chance to check it now, but fairly certain the update notes said something about bringing back in a reward for people who don't finish the path. It'll just have to wait till the next update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Defo going to lose alot of players after 80. If you aren't interested in Skinning your gear, which I am not, once you have an easily obtained set of exotic gear there's nothing to shoot for bar legendaries which involve the sort of ubergrind I cba with. WvWvW is fun, but it's mainly zerg unless you get lucky with some organisation and it's the same thing ad infinitum. Only 10 or so instances. I have a few things left I want to do in the game, but I can't see me playing it for more than a few weeks more.

Can't knock it though, I got great value for my 40 yoyos, and had a hoot levelling with friends. Defo a better investment than SWTOR was.

Have a strange urge to buy the Panda expansion and have a mess with wow for the first time in 2 years...........must resist......

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

Whats the Abreviation of that Guild yous have on Gunnars hold? I'm on Deso and coulda swore I saw some 'Ire' or something like that in WvW last night.

Id like to kill some fellow irish men :D

Ye been amazing on Desolatoin tonight, we're taking on both servers now.
    Organisation has gone up ten fold too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the Abreviation of that Guild yous have on Gunnars hold? I'm on Deso and coulda swore I saw some 'Ire' or something like that in WvW last night.

Bring it on then :D RAWRRRRR

Is kaeyidream your guild leader by any chance?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Only level 40 at the mo but GW2 is 3rd priority in gaming. Not sure whether this or Borderlands 2 is GOTY :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi all.

Picked this up at the weekend on the recomendation of a friend. I've never played a game of this type before except for Demons and Dark Souls which aren't really the same.

Loving it, very addictive.

One or two things that are bugging me though.

I'm at 98% completion of Queensdale and for the life of me i cannot find the last vista point or the last Point of Interest.
    Is it possible that this is a bug, surely i'm not that blind that i can't see them under close scrutiny.

Secondly I have no one to play with :( I've set up two characters.
    1 to play with my mate which is fine, but with the 2nd one that is my main character i'm finding a bit lonely:(.
    I sent out loads of party invites last night but to no avail.

Any tips ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

This might help you find the vista http://gw2cartographers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Nope Weiland, you're not blind at all. The map designers are just genius. I've already had this problem in both Queensdale and other locations. :)

Hmmm now to study uncle sams map or not?

Think I'll give it another go first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Picked this up at the weekend on the recomendation of a friend. I've never played a game of this type before except for Demons and Dark Souls which aren't really the same.

I'm at 98% completion of Queensdale and for the life of me i cannot find the last vista point or the last Point of Interest.
    Is it possible that this is a bug, surely i'm not that blind that i can't see them under close scrutiny.

1 to play with my mate which is fine, but with the 2nd one that is my main character i'm finding a bit lonely:(.

Any tips ?

I'll play with you mr weiland if you want :D sephirothdude is my in game name

I'll play with you mr weiland if you want :D sephirothdude is my in game name

Aw you made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. I must have gotten my levels of neediness and clingyness just right:)

But seriously how do we do this? do we need to set anything up or will i just invite you to a party tonight and you can then join?

invite you to a party tonight and you can then join?

eh ya I think that's how you do IT :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the POI in Metrica Province by any chance? Up the top right of the map? Cause i spent 2 hours looking for that one.

eh ya I think that's how you do IT :D

Ha ha smartarse:D

(probably shouldn't have asked a stupid question)

Hi all.

Any tips ?

Join one of the guilds here, and you'll get to know more people, also, feel free to add me, I have a Norn Guardian at level 11, I only recently created and am looking at casually getting him leveled up character name is Olaf Macefist. As for Queensdale, I managed to complete so don't think it's bugged.

Edit: As for sending out party invites, were you just randomly adding people? Generally useful to whisper them first, because otherwise they won't know why you're asking them to join. :)

delta36 wrote: »
    Join one of the guilds here, and you'll get to know more people, also, feel free to add me, I have a Norn Guardian at level 11, I only recently created and am looking at casually getting him leveled up character name is Olaf Macefist. As for Queensdale, I managed to complete so don't think it's bugged.

Edit: As for sending out party invites, were you just randomly adding people? Generally useful to whisper them first, because otherwise they won't know why you're asking them to join. :)

Ah was wondering what the whisper function was for. Stood outside an event for about an hour harrasing folk to join my party last night.:D

• Advertisement

Ah was wondering what the whisper function was for. Stood outside an event for about an hour harrasing folk to join my party last night.:D

When you say you were standing outside an event, do you mean one of the standard events that just show up in your event log, with an orange circle on your minimap? In that case, you don't need to join into a party with someone, just delve in, you'll end up playing cooperatively with people, it's the way the game is designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

[CI] on Gunnnar's Hold.

Hi all.

Any tips ?

Join the Irish Guild on Gunnar's Hold. We got voice comms and all that lark!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yaaaay my account was hacked. Someone changed my primary email address. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,756 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

did they get any more private details?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone having problems logging in? I seem to have my bi monthly login issue where it gives me the unable to connect to login server spiel.

Bugger that, sorry to hear! If I see your character online I'll be sure to harass them :D

Seriously though, any idea how it happened? Did you have e-mail authentication enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I just bought GW2. Looking forward to giving it a go :)

I'm not sure what profession to pick though.

I'm more interested in pvp than pve.

That was quick support! All sorted already! Awesome. I remember waiting for over 24 hours for Blizzard :P

That was quick support! All sorted already! Awesome. I remember waiting for over 24 hours for Blizzard :P

For real? That's amazing! Especially as it's the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got bored of GW2 once i hit lvl 80 pretty rapid tbh.
    Apart from WvW i found little else to do and wvw itself got boring pretty quick, nothing more than zerg-fest imo.
    Having said that i thoroughly enjoyed leveling up which is a feat in itself for an mmo.

Advertisement