Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Ordered from ebaybanned on the 04/01/08 and it arrived today and for anyone interested have used this site a couple of times www.warfighters.eu
    it is based in uk they have a few special offers on at the moment and the postage is not too high I got charged €6.25 for a vest delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Are you serious? This is taking the piss now. You ordered a week after me and you got yours before me? Complaint time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i ordered the stock last week and was sent next day, got a scope this morning and should have the stock tomorrow.,:)

Now I'm really bloody annoyed.

I'd blame customs if I thought they were the culprits. I'm not saying it's Paul at EbayBanneds fault at all. But it was a scope and a bipod. Nothing more. Package only cost $100 so it wasn't over customs limits. It's not like it could be taken in for ballistics to look at. This is so bloody frustrating.

did you not get postage confirmation by email? i did and he gave me a tracking number aswell.,

• Advertisement

I got an email confirming postage and giving a tracking number about a week and a half after placing the order (and a few days after I emailed to ask why I hadn't gotten it). By then the tracking number said the package left HK on the 2nd or 3rd of January. After that, the trail goes cold. An Post don't recognise the number and they won't answer the bloody phones either to check manually. It's the 21st now, I ordered it on the 28th I think. That's woeful

thats is a bit over the top, i suppose it could be stuck with a load of christmas crap that was clogging up the postal system.,

Three and a bit weeks into the new year though? I've gotten stuff from Oz and America over the holidays with no fuss, last package arrived on the 22nd I think. And those were just snail mail. This is supposed to be courier delivery?

Paul from EbayBanned got back to me today with a new tracking number for the missing items. Turns out my scope and sling weren't even posted until the 18th and he didn't see fit to tell me.

I'm not a happy bunny at all. That's piss poor customer relations considering he told me they were posted in a seperate package directly after the bipod was posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Just got confirmation for my order from uncompany

Product name - Installation Fee
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 20

Product name - A&K M249 MK2 AEG
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 239.9

Product name - Classic Army Metal Gear Box for CA249 MKII Series
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 68

Product name - CA Parts Piston Head
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 8

Product name - Classic Army M249 Hop-Up Chamber Set
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 30

Product name - Classic Army Super High Speed Motor (Short)
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 28.5

Product name - Classic Army Gear Grease
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 5

Product name - Prometheus AEG Spring MS90---INSTALL TO THE A&K M249
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 11.5

Product name - Prometheus Cylinder Head V2
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 20

Product name - Prometheus Piston Head 02
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 20

Product name - Prometheus-Nozzle-M16-02
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 12

Product name - China Made 5.56mm Cartridge
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 26

Product name - CA Parts Piston 02
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 18

Product name - Classic Army Cylinder Grease
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 5

Product name - Prometheus Spring Guide V2
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 20.5

Product name - Classic Army M249 Series Tactical Gun Sling-OD
    Product Qty - 1
    Product Amount - 19

They're doing the 1j spring installation for me and putting a letter in stating the fps in case of customs, decided to go for Fed Ex as the shipping option, anyone done this before?

It's a little pricey but I thought it might be faster, the sooner it gets delivered the sooner I can rip out the A&K innards and start doing some mods.

• Advertisement

Another day, another EbayBanned email, another tracking number, another package.

This time afters some verbal jocularity via email I managed to get another package out of them. The one that was sent only on the 18th. 3 weeks after I ordered.
    Grand I thought when I got a call to say a package arrived for me. I got home from work thinking I can finally fit everything together and forget this nasty business.

No.

They sent a $3 sling.

They have a very pissed of email sent to them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Damn you and your quick delivery airsofteire!! :D

I was thinking, nah.....'an post', surely I wont have my package until tomorrow, or Monday at least, so I can do lots of college work this evening...

BUT NO!! I arrive home and here is a package waiting for me with my gas!! :p

Its your fault I'm not doing college work this evening!! :D:p

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 winger14

hello , i was wondering if anyone could help me, i have ordered an mp40 marushin 8mm gas blowback airsoft gun and i am worried that it might be to powerful to use in ireland is this correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

No it's under the limit I think, a friend of mine (Necron99 on here) got one a few months ago, great piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

NakedDex wrote: »
    Another day, another EbayBanned email, another tracking number, another package.

This time afters some verbal jocularity via email I managed to get another package out of them. The one that was sent only on the 18th. 3 weeks after I ordered.
    Grand I thought when I got a call to say a package arrived for me. I got home from work thinking I can finally fit everything together and forget this nasty business.

No.

They sent a $3 sling.

They have a very pissed of email sent to them at the moment.
    I know this is off topic but jesus... like have you tried to ring him or what.And did you order may items and did you even order that sling

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Still waiting to hear back from UNCompany after 3 e-mails since last week.
    They must be rubbing their heads on this one ! Beretta Cougar (KSC) that came in vintage box and only cocks when held upside down !
    Was hoping to get a few more bits and pieces off them, but obviously if they're not responding to problems, I can't take a chance.
    My second order from them went into customs last weekend and I received a letter yesterday asking me to forward a copy of original order and paypal receipt, thank god for e-mail this was all done and sorted out within a couple of hours. Hopefully these wont be bouncing around in an extra large jiffy bag with no bubblewrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Ordered from them late on 22 Jan.
    Got an email from them today (24th) to tell me items shipped - and with a tracking number.
    Tried the tracking number - items left HongKong on 23rd and are currently in Ireland as of 24th today. WOW!

(probably take a week to get to me now...:D:D )

I know this is off topic but jesus... like have you tried to ring him or what.And did you order may items and did you even order that sling

Ordered a sling, a bipod and a scope. The scope being the most important and most expensive part of that order. The bipod arrived 2 days ago and the sling today. Both with seperate tracking numbers. I still don't know where the scope is, nor do I have a tracking number from them for it.

Ordered from them late on 22 Jan.
    Got an email from them today (24th) to tell me items shipped - and with a tracking number.
    Tried the tracking number - items left HongKong on 23rd and are currently in Ireland as of 24th today. WOW!

(probably take a week to get to me now...:D:D )

how did ya track it on the irish side aidan? it doesnt recognise the tracking number for me on the An Post website and the HK one just says,
    The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 18-Jan-2008

vtec wrote: »
    how did ya track it on the irish side aidan? it doesnt recognise the tracking number for me on the An Post website and the HK one just says,

This is the link they sent me to use;
    http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/tracking/index.htm

I have to say; normally when I track n trace; I cant see it entering Ireland. Usually I get the exact same message as you - I have to wait a few days before it shows on An Post's website (usually arrived with me at this stage)
    I've even rang An Post with HK tracking id's to be told; items have not entered Ireland yet, only for them to be delivered the following day:confused:

Last time I ordered from ehobby it took them over a week (8 days) to post the items - they arrived a further week later.

I assume you clicked the tracking number on the results page? This is what i get when I do:
    Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
    23-Jan-2008 18:27 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status
    23-Jan-2008 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
    23-Jan-2008 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
    23-Jan-2008 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 24-Jan-2008
    23-Jan-2008 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 24-Jan-2008
    24-Jan-2008 Ireland Arrived and is being processed.

Hope this helps you Richie
    :)

A.

• Advertisement

Hmm, they must like you more than me, all i ever get is "The item left Hong Kong for its destination".,lol its just coming on 7 days im waiting now so im not too pushed about it, jusr wondering why i can never see the rest of the onfo from the tracking., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Hong Kong post have two levels of service.

Post Office Registered Airmail

Tracking will only tell you when the parcel has shipped from Hong Kong

Post Office Global Express - EMS

Tracking all the way to your door as in Defenderdudes example.

I have found both services very reliable particularly EMS which usually only takes a few days to land here.

RSOV and some of the other china retailers let you choose your shipping method. You'll pay a bit more for EMS but its quick and the tracking gives you peace of mind.

Registered Airmail seems reasonably bulletproof too but you wait a bit longer.

I dont bother with TNT or UPS. The post office collection office is nearby and if I am not there to get a delivery I get a form in the letterbox and I can nip down and get the parcel nice and handy.

vtec wrote: »
    Hmm, they must like you more than me, all i ever get is "The item left Hong Kong for its destination".,lol its just coming on 7 days im waiting now so im not too pushed about it, jusr wondering why i can never see the rest of the onfo from the tracking., :)

They must be making up for lost time with me - cause it's the first time they have ever sent me a tracking ID in about 20 transactions...
    Maybe they were feeling guilty.:D

Hope it lands tomorrow for ya bud!:D (fingers, eyes, legs crossed...)

hoplite wrote: »
    Hong Kong post have two levels of service.

Post Office Registered Airmail

Tracking will only tell you when the parcel has shipped from Hong Kong

Post Office Global Express - EMS

Tracking all the way to your door as in Defenderdudes example.

I did'nt realise they were sending it any differently to previous orders - I did get a wee bit hammered on the postage (ca.$60) when you add it all up. Total order came to about 140 euro (more than normal I guess). Maybe I could have asked for a discount and done without the tracking...:)

knowing my luck I'll get stuck for customs...:rolleyes::(

will keep ya posted.:)

Thanks for the headsup Hoplite :)

The saga continues. EbayBanned emailed me today to say my scope had never even been posted. Third excuse I've gotten from them so far and this one is easily the most infuriating. A month after ordering it and they still haven't posted? That's beyond a joke.

Yup - package arrived this morning from ehobby.

Outstanding - ordered 22nd arrived 25th.:eek:

Great packing as always, got shims, bushings, buckings, GBB and mag etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

i e-mailed the dude at www.rsov.com and asked him if he could reduce the fps of the CYMA AK-74U to 320 and he replied saying it was already reduced as standard.Has anyone bought from rsov and would there be much extra charges to pay on EUR109.64(inc shipping) on goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭ambro25

Same query as jay&silentbob above, but with Gunner - ordered from rsov/gunner plenty before, but never had to ask for a downgrade before shipping. I have now,
    Hi, I am returning customer and I am interested in buying a JG HK416 (with 417 stock, "crane stock" version), but it is too powerful to be shipped to Ireland (328fps maximum with 0,2BB).

Do you still provide the 'Plan 01' service in the "AEG Upgrade" (bottom entry in your categories), to downgrade it to 320 fps before shipping? If yes, at what price please? And if not, can you just downgrade the spring to 1J before shipping and at what price?

Best Regards,
    X.

and that's the reply this morning (kudos for the speed, Fung ;)):
    Hi,

You can request us to lower the power when you place the order, write "please modify the power to less than 1 J" in the comment box.

Thanks

Do I take the downgrade's free, or what? Anyone done this with Gunner before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 corkboi69

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, new user and all that. Does anyone know if ther is an airsoft supplier in or around galway? Im heading there for the weekend and thought it could be handy to drop into one if there is one, Im heading via limerick so around there would be grand as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I've recently had a few transactions with www.6mil.co.uk.
    As one of the few Systema PTW stockists, I didn't really have a choice if I wanted something fast. However, their customer service and quick turn around was fantastic.

They stock some really good things as well (5.11, Blackhawk and Tactical Tailor equipment as an example) as well - definitely will be sending them more money :D

Advertisement