Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you damage a car by parking on a slope?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Rover 25?

Oh dear. It's almost certainly head gasket failure. They all do that sir :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

Ar*e! How much € is she looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I would doubt that the hill had anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Anan1 wrote:
    Brake fluid is not water based! It does, though, absorb water over time, which is why it needs to be periodically replaced. Brake fluid can boil, though, leading to loss of braking.

Ok that was something I picked up in a class sometime ago obviously the instructor needs to read up on brake fluid more. But yeah I know brake fluid boils but when water is present it will cause a vapour lock in the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

shnaek wrote:
    Ar*e! How much € is she looking at?

That I don't know. Parts cheap, labour expensive (couple of hundred?).

I just saw that the gasket was already done, was it recently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement