Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bridging networks and sharing internet connection

Options
  • 27-08-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I currently have a tp-link mr-3420 router that shars my 3G internet connection and runs the DHCP. Downstairs i have a tp-link wdr-3600 that is bridging with the this router and has DHCP turned off. So my network is extended and accessible downstairs too but only on the 2.4ghz that both support.
    The wdr-3600 is a more feature rich router and has 5ghz as well. If i change it so that i run the DHCP on that and have the mr-3420 bridge it, will i be able to access the internet still or do i need to run the DHCP on the router serving the internet?
    ideally i'd like to be able to access the internet over both 2.4ghz an 5ghz freqs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement