Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Non Alcoholic Beer?

• 15-01-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

I'm on medication and miss the taste of a beer. Can anyone recommended a good non alcoholic beer? I used to work in a airport bar years ago when I was well and sneer at the people buying the Becks alcohol free beer (I quite liked the regular Becks though.) I also have no idea where to purchase it. I just tried Tesco online but they have practically nothing. I suspect if I went into Fine Wines they'd piss themselves laughing. HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Don't. It's horrendous stuff. Tried a few different ones over the xmas. Designated driver.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Erdinger is ok compared to the likes of becks, but is a bit gassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

VanZan wrote: »
    I suspect if I went into Fine Wines they'd piss themselves laughing. HELP!
    Not at all, the one near me in Cork has the Becks, Erdinger and Paulaner non alcoholic beers. Paulaner would be the best of those three, but my favourite is Cobra Non Alc, really smooth. Both Tesco and Dunnes do it.

• Dunnes sell becks,bavaria,cobra,Holsten,erdinger and paulaner. They do non alcoholic kopparberg pear and mixed fruit as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ive been trying a few non alcholic beers of late. the best of the bunch was a quite tasty Maisels weiss. paulanar is ok but a little sharp. weihenstephaner was just about ok. dont like erdinger and wouldnt touch becks. Anyone else any recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

I gave up on Becks as it was going straight through me and I was making number twos all day the next day. Don't know if it's that particular beer or the medication I'm on.

Also zombie thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

Erdinger is gassy as anything

Have been told Baltika is decent but haven't had it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭squonk

I hated non-alcoholic beer (largely due to Becks) but I'd definitely say Erdinger is good. Look out for Schneider Weisse Alcoholfrei as well. Long before I ever got into craft and realized that Schneider Weisse was the bees knees in general my local supermarket started stocking the Alcohol Free version. Used to drink it quite a bit because it tasted better than some of the usual with-alcohol dreck like Heineken. It's not quite as good as the regular Schneider Weisse Tap 6 or 7 but still quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

imo, bavaria 0.0% beer is drinkable.

all other na beers... i cant drink

[Removed Image]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

pa990 wrote: »
    imo, bavaria 0.0% beer is drinkable.

all other na beers... i cant drink

[Removed Image]

All other? What others have you drank?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

dunnes were doing a n/a lager for 50c. it was german ( brewed in bremen i think ) dont recall the name but was ok.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dunnes were doing a n/a lager for 50c. it was german ( brewed in bremen i think ) dont recall the name but was ok.

Gerstel it's called, happened to have a can of it in my fridge so put up a photo. Got it in for a designated driver couldn't tell you what it's like though!
    319184.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You can't go wrong with a good ginger beer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Clausthaler Golden Amber is very tasty for a NA beer, but I haven't been able to source it anywhere in Ireland

Advertisement