Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Play Store stuck in GBP after VPN buy?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

After getting a Nexus 5 through the VPN method (before it became available here), anyone manage to get it back to Euro after doing this? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Try this,

Go to settings, Apps, scroll across to ALL, scroll down to Google Play Store and tap, then select clear data, this should reset your play store, you will need to log in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Nope, I tried that, it's also GBP on the website too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Sounds like you've an English Google account ie selected United Kingdom on signup.

You'll need to contact Google to get it changed to ROI I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

On your Google account settings change your address back to your ROI address.
    Takes a while to change itself back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

mcw92 wrote: »
    On your Google account settings change your address back to your ROI address.
    Takes a while to change itself back then.
    Ah, I wasn't sure where you meant for a second, but I changed it in Google Wallet addresses, I still had my default one set as a UK address in there, I'll see if it changes now, cheers. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement