Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-10-2012, 17:48   #106
KELTICKNIGHTT

Send a message via ICQ to KELTICKNIGHTT Send a message via AIM to KELTICKNIGHTT Send a message via MSN to KELTICKNIGHTT Send a message via Yahoo to KELTICKNIGHTT Send a message via Skype™ to KELTICKNIGHTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.in View Post
Lyca supports only the cards that have the privelege of 'verified by visa', or 'mastercard secure code'.
this on site may be the problem if it doesn't pass :

Your card may be eligible or enrolled in Verified by Visa,MasterCard Secure or JCB J/Secure Payer authentication programs. After Clicking the 'Confirm' button,your Card issuer may prompt you for payer authentication password to complete your purchase.
Advertisement
30-10-2012, 10:34   #107
freeze4real

Can anyone tether on the iPhone. Personal hotspot is missing for me and I've downloaded a jailbreak to override it. It seems lyca mobile might be blocking it.

its working now.

Last edited by freeze4real; 30-10-2012 at 10:40.
07-11-2012, 16:55   #108
seligehgit

Has anybody got any idea if one can use the O2 outgoing mail server(SMTP settings)..... smtp.o2.ie when setting up an e mail account?Lycamobile customer care have advised that they do not have any outgoing mail server but they utilise the O2 network??
16-11-2012, 17:15   #109
mac.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by icylava View Post
Yes, midnight at UTC+1 during weekend. This is when my call constantly get cut off or connection failure and the USSD code "*131#" does not work, either.

Complete network failure, I would say....
I did come across few situations where calls got disconnected in-between, not only at times you have mentioned but other times (day time) too.
17-11-2012, 18:38   #110
maurasmith50
Closed Account

Hi,

Just a quick question which someone might be able to clarify.

Is it correct that you should have to turn on data roaming to allow data to work on lycamobile? I find that It will not work unless data roaming is tuRned on on an unlocked Vodafone 858.

Thanks
Advertisement
24-11-2012, 20:13   #111
johnmryan

I switched to them few days ago, some feedback for those interested.

Same coverage as O2 obviously, not a problem so far, use internet radio while walking and it streams fine. I cannot text one number on the Meteor network, refuses to deliver any message to them, find that annoying. They wont take laser card for tops, so have to use visa online.... but if they stay this good, price wise.... it's an amazing offer.

I topped up 20 - got 20 extra free, signed up to 30 price plan (leaving a balance of 10) for unlimited (10,000 minutes/ unlimited texts) and "unlimited" data. When you consider what O2 (which Lyca mobile operate on)for the same SIM free plan, you can see how those other networks are really ripping us off... I get that these might be introductory offers and they have no subsided phones to include in the plan... but still...

Customer service seemed very friendly, obviously abroad somewhere and reading from a script, but I fear if I had a complex problem I would get little resolution (speculation)
24-11-2012, 20:34   #112
mac.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.in View Post
I did come across few situations where calls got disconnected in-between, not only at times you have mentioned but other times (day time) too.
A small correction. Calls I mean international calls! I haven't got this problem with local calls.
24-11-2012, 21:00   #113
johnmryan

Also looks like no MMS in iPhone!
09-12-2012, 21:48   #114
fonecrusher1

I have a lyca-mobile sim that I am about to activate. How long does this take to process? As in can I start using data pretty much straight away or is there a start up delay of a few hours?
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 22:44   #115
Cork Skate

I have to admit i haven't heard about this lot before .... www.lycamobile.com ... so its all Pre-Pay yeah? Or have i missed the bill pay offer?

Whose infrastructure are they using? Whats the deal, are they any good? Sounds like a great deal but do you get hammered on costs when you go over? Is it just constant headache, arguing with Customer Service etc.?
15-12-2012, 17:36   #116
Kristopherus

Read the thread - its not a huge task, and you will learn all there is to learn about them. Then have a look at www.lycamobile.ie.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion