Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tekkit Survival Server [Dedicated Server]

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Just remembered something: were the tables Mk3s? I think the lower-level autobenches are still in-game.

EDIT: Need an admin to relight my fire... it just went out for no reason o_O Better check my portals to make sure they haven't gone out too! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Nokia08

Also can't Make a pump, Gives me the an Error

"Internal Error" And I get Kicked.

All the "regular" (usually left-click, sometimes right-click) powers of the Rings don't work. Testing suggests that fire produced by Ignition/Arcana doesn't burn flammables (testing meaning huge panic attack after I pressed the wrong button for Aspect Switch on my Arcana and cast Firewall instead :o) and the Volcanite is gone (which also prevents crafting of Gem Armour, which is resulting in anger and screaming, mostly directed at the one or two people who already own full sets) so why are they disabled? :confused: I want my homing shotgun spam attack working dammit! :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Guys I won't be on my computer till late tonight , so I cant check what's going. Me and the other admins have been talking about disabling a few items from EE as we believe the're very over powered, but AFAIK nothing has been implemented

Are all the effected items from EE .

Might be a problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

Hey,

I was just flying around wearing an arcana ring and building with a mercurial eye and they both vanished.
    Maka is on, but I'm not getting much info out of him.

It seems that the ring of ignition has been banned? which is a component of the arcana ring. I hit the ground hard when it dissappeared.
    And my mercurial eye had a kleinstaromega fully charged with 55million emc.
    This is a bit of a shock to me. I have no problem with admins changing the server as they are doing a great job.
    I'm just looking for a warning and an explanation as to what just happened

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Owen2346

Maka sorted me out, so no worries.
    I'm still curious as to why the arcana ring was removed though

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

A number of Equivalent Exchange items have been disabled including Gem armor.

The mod itself is overpowered, and unfortunately the mod doesn't allow us to tweek abilities on certain items which I find ridiculous. The only way we can disable them is by removing them completely.

Infernal Armor (Spammable explosions) Could destroy anything in a matter of seconds. Will talk to admins later, and if they agree, we will allow everything BAR Infernal Armor.

Ring of Ignition/Ring of Arcana: Spam fire!

Volcanite Amulet: Spamming of huge amounts of lava.

Destruction Cataylst: Block breaking.

Evertide Amulet: Spam Water.

The mod itself is great for the likes of condensors etc, but these items are not needed. As I said I will talk to admins about the Gem Armor, and if possible, We will allow the crafting of Gem armor bar the Infernal Armor Chestplate.

We will keep you's posted.

Also on the note of others already having it. We are aware of this, only 3 members have it. And the Infernal Armor chestplate will be removed from them when we get around to it. (They will get the ingredients they put into it back.)

One last thing, people getting kicked for making automatic crafting tables and certain pumps is because Tekkit have removed them, nothing to do with us.

I will talk to admins later about updating the server to the latest build. If we do, you will lose nothing so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Can we possibly look at a white listing system for some of these items? Maybe the longer you're on the server, the more items you can use. As far as I am concerned the destruction catalyst shouldn't be banned seen as we can still use the mining laser. (Don't see this as a suggestion that the laser should be banned too because I need it :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dunne_Pro

Hey, Id like to join the tekkit server, my username is Dunne_Pro
    thanks!!

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Can we possibly look at a white listing system for some of these items? Maybe the longer you're on the server, the more items you can use. As far as I am concerned the destruction catalyst shouldn't be banned seen as we can still use the mining laser. (Don't see this as a suggestion that the laser should be banned too because I need it :p)

Mining laser is nowhere near as powerful as the destruction catalyst. Go on to single player and mess around with a mining laser and destruction catalyst on full charge. You'll see the difference :)

Also, why do people need an explosion charge that can do as much damage as a nuclear bomb in a matter of seconds. Armor is for protection, not for damage.

And who needs to spam lava etc? Its all just griefing prone. You seen yourself how easy it is to do something when your river was damaged :)

Dunne_Pro wrote: »
    Hey, Id like to join the tekkit server, my username is Dunne_Pro
    thanks!!

Added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

What tekkit version should I be on now?

What tekkit version should I be on now?

The same one you have always been on :)

Mak_United wrote: »
    The same one you have always been on :)

I may have deleted tekkit and now when I reinstalled it again it tells me I need a load of mods to join the server

Edit: You say these were deleted by tekkit? http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_Crafting_Table
    I can still use them in SSP so were they removed from SMP only or what.

You have to use 3.0.3 rec build I think to get in.

According to there forums they where removed from SMP.

Mak_United wrote: »
    And who needs to spam lava etc? Its all just griefing prone. You seen yourself how easy it is to do something when your river was damaged :)

tbh I couldn't care less about those items, it's just the destruction catalyst that I could really do with. But hey, whatever. I'll continue working with my laser :)

The sooner automated tables come back, the better. Making solar arrays is a soulcrushing task

Isn't there ANY way to disable specifically the Volcanite/Time abilities and the fire spam on Ignition/Arcana/Infernal? I miss my Arcana ring and I don't give a fudge about its fire mode :(

This server requires you to have Minecraft Forge installed

What the f***??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Solitaire wrote: »
    This server requires you to have Minecraft Forge installed

What the f***??!?

What? Was playing today and yesterday without it. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Isn't there ANY way to disable specifically the Volcanite/Time abilities and the fire spam on Ignition/Arcana/Infernal? I miss my Arcana ring and I don't give a fudge about its fire mode :(

As of this moment, no. The same goes with the infernal armor. Unless someone goes and writes a bukkit plugin to do it. I can't find anything that says otherwise on Bukkit/Tekkit forums.

I'll have a look as to why Minecraft Forge is needed. Anyone else getting the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The latest update has nerfed EE a little. Uranium ore is 10% as valuable so less early diamond stocking. All the EE artifacts now require the fuels they were supposed to in order to use them. The crafting tables were removed in part because they allowed people to circumvent banned item recipes.. The item duping bug in EE has also been fixed as far as I know. Minecraft Foge is also part of the latest update. It sounds like some of the mods have updated on the server.

3.0.3 Rec Build is what you need to get on the server.

Please make sure your launcher options are the same to mine and you should have no problem joining. Ignore how much ram you can give, that doesn't matter.

Capture2.png

No problem on my end... same as normal

My main PC is dead, for some reason my old PC downloaded Tekkit with no mods :p Had to change version from 3.0.3 to latest and back a few times to make Tekkit download... um... Tekkit :D

What's so awful about the Abyss Helm anyway? That's disabled too now :(

Has the IC2 Quantum Armor been disabled too?

EDIT: I've just been told that all my IC2 stuff needs to be destroyed and replaced by an admin? Its all dieded. Halp :(

My main PC is dead, for some reason my old PC downloaded Tekkit with no mods :p Had to change version from 3.0.3 to latest and back a few times to make Tekkit download... um... Tekkit :D

What's so awful about the Abyss Helm anyway? That's disabled too now :(

Has the IC2 Quantum Armor been disabled too?

EDIT: I've just been told that all my IC2 stuff needs to be destroyed and replaced by an admin? Its all dieded. Halp :(

Until we figure out a way to disable the Infernal Armor the whole Gem Armor set will be disabled. We are working on a way around this so please give us time :)

Quantum armor is free to build. And I will be on shortly to fix your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MagicSean wrote: »
    The latest update has nerfed EE a little. Uranium ore is 10% as valuable so less early diamond stocking. All the EE artifacts now require the fuels they were supposed to in order to use them. The crafting tables were removed in part because they allowed people to circumvent banned item recipes.. The item duping bug in EE has also been fixed as far as I know. Minecraft Foge is also part of the latest update. It sounds like some of the mods have updated on the server.

We're planning to update to 3.11 Tekkit in the next week or so. We're running on the preceding version of tekkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

PVP tonight at 10 o'clock.
    Iron Swords And Armour permitted :)
    Arena Located at -436 +778

Hope you all can make it, should be a fun night :)

PVP tonight at 10 o'clock.
    Iron Swords And Armour permitted :)
    Arena Located at -436 +778

Hope you all can make it, should be a fun night :)

Wow, nice arena :)

• Advertisement

Andykd18 banned for 48 hours for griefing of multiple machines, pipes etc in someone's house. If done again, will be a perm ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement