Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Abduction

• 29-04-2012 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

This will sound nuts but it is the an honest experience.

I woke up one night a few months back, my girlfriend beside me and i was fully awake. My body was paralysed and i couldn't move at all. My bedroom was alive and there was something in my room that wanted to talk to me.I was fighting it out of pure fear. I cannot put my fears into words but i can only say i realised their was more to our exsistense than any of us could ever imagine. I really thought, this must be death, then a bright light came into my room and i was lifted from my bed into the light. I felt myself getting dragged upwards and really thought, this is finally it i'm going to heaven. Anyway i fought this feeling and it felt like something released me and i seen this bright light leave my room. Then their was a really peaceful mood and smell in my room.

I know people will read this and think nothing off it.. A while back i would have thought the same but believe me, we don't know what is happening in this world.

I only went slightly into my experience i could talk for hours about it but i will gladly take any lie detector or any test. There is mad stuff going on.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

there are a lot of threads about this type of experience over on ATS
    you would probably get better feedback

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr big boy

I joined but do u have a link to post new topics

Sorry cant help with that I just there now and then to have a look
    You could try the search and join in a discussion and somebody will tell you how it works

Oh it's fine, i gotta make 20 posts before i can start a new topic. But i ain't got 20 things to say. I wouldn't bother really. Was hard enough finding the words to write in my first post here.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread651392/pg1

there is a discussion thread similar to your experience it has a video on the page might interest you

• Advertisement

Cheers i'm looking now. I can't remember anything after been lifted myself but sure i'm looking

Good luck I hope you get answers

enno99 wrote: »
    Good luck I hope you get answers
    I don't think i ever will. The general public don't or won't except anything unusual. There has to be some kind of mass denial or government denial because i'm sure there are millions maybe that have had my experience. But the media seems to make these people out as nut jobs.

If their is an irish documentary maker or someone interested in this kinda stuff, contact me and you won't be disapointed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

mr big boy wrote: »
    I don't think i ever will. The general public don't or won't except anything unusual. There has to be some kind of mass denial or government denial because i'm sure there are millions maybe that have had my experience. But the media seems to make these people out as nut jobs.

If their is an irish documentary maker or someone interested in this kinda stuff, contact me and you won't be disapointed .

I actually believe you, I do believe in aliens, Iv seen UFO's over Cork and I seen a ghost but my own theory is that a lot of the paranormal stuff comes from within, Life itself may be nothing more than a sort of hologram hence how dreams seem very real. F the media anyway, There's much more to life than they will ever find out or report.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Perhaps you should look into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    before looking at some of the more ridiculous, less reasonable explanations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'v never claimed to have meet or seen aliens but its strange that the images of Greys completely freak me out, I'm not normally afraid of much even the ghost I saw didn't bother me but Greys, I know if I ever see one I'm going to die on the spot.

Yea, Had loads of Sleep Paralysis too over the years but its nothing after a while once you get used to it.

I have never been into aliens or ufo's. that is what is so scary. I have not ever had a second thought about some things but when i did some research i realised lots of other people have had simular experiences. I mean, i can't say i'm mentally weak. I have never even had a wet dream. Just a normal bloke that had a really real strange thing happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,395 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What do you mean when you say"we dont know what is happening in this world " and "there is mad stuff going on".

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

"Iv seen UFO's over Cork"

UFOs over Cork! That'll be the day!

What the original poster describes sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. The human mind's capability to hallucinate is truly spectacular. Influenced by fear, doubt, outright uncertainty, it's very easy for the mind to become vulnerable to illusions and numerous psychological studies confirm this. Wait until you've subjected the experience to the full blade of science before you declare such a spectacular conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

I lay on the bed one time and it was 2 o clock in the day.
    Then i saw a white light and blinked and looked at the time and it was 5 in the evening.Where the hell did the time go?And my ass hurts also and i had to go to the loo.
    Could this be a alien abduction and probing event?
    People say ahh you fell asleep but how the hell can you do that at 2 in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I think it would be small minded of us to believe that we are all and the most intelligent beings out there. However if aliens exist they haven't come here. Think about it, if they have the technology to get here they're a superior race and wouldn't be sneaking into bedrooms doing tests they'd come in guns blazing, or at least be a bit more obvious.
    I have had several experiences of sleep paralysis and after watching a documentary about it I am not scared anymore but it is extremely frightening. I think this is what you experienced it's a very real feeling experience. You're not nuts.Years ago I did night shift and slept during the day. One evening i woke and sitting across from me was my brother as a little boy. My brother is not dead or anything so my conclusion is that nights had my head messed up and my brain projected this image in front of me while I was semiawake.

King Mob wrote: »
    Perhaps you should look into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    before looking at some of the more ridiculous, less reasonable explanations.

I totally agree with the first part he should explore sleep paralysis

But aren't you just saying if he cant find his answer in that he is just being unreasonable and ridiculous

kneemos wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say"we dont know what is happening in this world " and "there is mad stuff going on".
    There is really strange things happening to people all over the world , high ranking well respected people coming out and saying we are been visited by aliens and have been since the late 40's early 50's. Here are some good videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwBD4nkmTg

This one is very enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqyNh0k0dtU

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Mack

-'John Edward Mack, M.D. (October 4, 1929–September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, and a leading authority on the spiritual or transformational effects of alleged alien abduction experience.'-

John Mac would be the highest ranking public professional to seriously investigate the abduction phenomenon. Its worth taking a look at his work before coming to any conclusions.

He died in 2004 after being hit by a drunk driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Mack

-'John Edward Mack, M.D. (October 4, 1929–September 27, 2004) was an American psychiatrist, writer, and professor at Harvard Medical School. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, and a leading authority on the spiritual or transformational effects of alleged alien abduction experience.'-

John Mac would be the highest ranking public professional to seriously investigate the abduction phenomenon. Its worth taking a look at his work before coming to any conclusions.

He died in 2004 after being hit by a drunk driver.
    Aha! interesting.
    If he was thinking more along the lines of aliens communicatign from another plane or dimension as a metaphysical form or maybe through our minds then i might be more likely to agree its possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

Torakx wrote: »
    Aha! interesting.
    If he was thinking more along the lines of aliens communicatign from another plane or dimension as a metaphysical form or maybe through our minds then i might be more likely to agree its possible.

Yeah, that could be part of the truth. That the whole 'alien' thing is really just a dimensional thing that we cant explain yet. Perhaps the alien hypothesis is really just an additional cover story over what the baffleing truth may actually be?

I think John Mack did come to the conclusion that these people were actually telling the truth, but he failed to come to any solid hypothesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

Interesting.

I dont think you are crazy or a nut job at all. The whole process of first contact with another species is very complex. This is not about "coming in guns blazing" , in fact the whole reason they come at night may not be at all sinister. it may simpy be, that our minds are wired not to accept their existence, during out waking hours. It is quite possible, if they attempted to contact us during our waking hours, we would not even see them, as our minds would not know how to process the information, and this would simply not allow us to become aware of the contact attempt being made.

It comes down to a matter of how we perceive reality, and what exactly reality actually is. When we are sleeping, our minds are open to other possibilities, and the sub consious is available. What we may be experiencing could be first contact, it is ongoing all over the world. Once we become accustomed to the idea of extradimensional/terrestrial visitors, this will become much easier, and a more open form of contact can begin.

enno99 wrote: »
    I totally agree with the first part he should explore sleep paralysis

But aren't you just saying if he cant find his answer in that he is just being unreasonable and ridiculous

No, I'm saying that explanations that rely on magical creatures or aliens or things to that effect are unreasonable and ridiculous.
    Doubly so when there is a much more plausible, supported and mundane explanation that fits the bill.

No, I'm saying that explanations that rely on magical creatures or aliens or things to that effect are unreasonable and ridiculous.
    Doubly so when there is a much more plausible, supported and mundane explanation that fits the bill.

Though in principle I agree with the Occams Razor philosophy, "The simplest explanation is usually the correct one"

I fail to see how the possibility of aliens, is unreasonable and ridiculous. I am sure it was once unreasonable, and ridiculous to believe anything other than the Earth was flat, and you would fall off the edge if you sailed too far.

The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery, and though I uphold your viewpoint, which of course you are entitled to , I would disagree with the basic assertion made.

There are 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone.There are an estimated 125 billion galaxies in the universe. In fact modern science now believes that life should be everywhere in the galaxy. Humanity is such a young race with so much to learn, it simply has not noticed it yet.

So I would propose that to accept anything other than the existence of extraterrestrial or extradimensional beings would infact be unreasonable and ridiculous.

Though in principle I agree with the Occams Razor philosophy, "The simplest explanation is usually the correct one"

I fail to see how the possibility of aliens, is unreasonable and rediculous. I am sure it was once unreasonable, and rediculous to believe anything other than the Earth was flat, and you would fall off the edge if you sailed too far.
    They are ridiculous and unreasonable because there is no evidence to support the existence of them and the explanations require to make random and vast assumptions which amount to magic.

It would be no different to asserting or taking seriously the ideas that it was fairies or a magical banana orbiting Mars. The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery after all.

They are ridiculous and unreasonable because there is no evidence to support the existence of them and the explanations require to make random and vast assumptions which amount to magic.

It would be no different to asserting or taking seriously the ideas that it was fairies or a magical banana orbiting Mars. The human condition is an ongoing voyage of exploration and discovery after all.

I would also propose there is no evidence to support the non-existence of Extradimensional/Extraterrestrial entities.

It would also be true to say there is no evidence, other than the word of mouth passed down through the centuries to support the existence of God, however most humans recognise a deity of some form.

However the various probes sent to mars, allow us to state with reasonable certainty that there is no magical banana orbiting the planet.

I would also propose there is no evidence to support the non-existence of Extradimensional/Extraterrestrial entities.

It would also be true to say there is no evidence, other than the word of mouth passed down through the centuries to support the existence of God, however most humans recognise a deity of some form.

However the various probes sent to mars, allow us to state with reasonable certainty that there is no magical banana orbiting the planet.
    But there's no evidence to support the non-existence of fairies or magic bananas either. And there's plenty of people who believe in fairies.

And of course none of the probes sent to mars detected the banana, because first the probes haven't searched each and every square inch of the planet's orbit and second the banana is obviously invisible.

Your arguments are plainly no good at making the proposed position any less unreasonable or ridiculous and all of then are based on very poor logic and reasoning.

The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim, so if you wish to invoke aliens (or whichever fanciful creatures) you are the one who has to provide evidence for their existence.
    Also you cannot rely on people's unsupported beliefs as they are indistinguishable from fiction and are most often wrong.
    And finally, even if you could back up your statement that the space surrounding Mars has been searched so thoroughly we can exclude the existence of certain things, you would not accept the reverse, that we can say with reasonable certainty that aliens don't exist.
    Your argument relies on the fact that can't say this with 100% confidence.

So unless you can explain why aliens and ghosts are any less unreasonable or ridiculous than fairies and magical bananas, I'm going to stick by my statements.

So unless you can explain why aliens and ghosts are any less unreasonable or ridiculous than fairies and magical bananas, I'm going to stick by my statements.

Your point is well made, and taken. However, I have not read any reports of pilots, police officers, air traffic controllers, and military officers reporting fairies, or magical bananas. I have however read many reports from the same professionals reporting unidentified objects, some of which have been many times larger than a Boeng 747, and exhibiting flight characteristics that are not possible by todays technology.

Many of these reports have been witnessed by multiple witnesses. there are some recorded cases where hundreds, or thousands of people have witnessed unusual aerial phenomenon.

There is healthy skepticism, and then unfortunately, there are debunkers. Who simply refuse to accept any possibility of anything that forces them to go outside of their paradigm, and to think outside of their finely tuned little box in which they fit and categorise everything so comfortably.

For example, for many years, the excuse of, " well, if these objects existed, why has noone ever captured them on camera ?" was given. In these days where hundreds or thousands of hours of video footage is readily available, and where witness testimony is given by very credible witnesses, its ignored, and discounted as being fake, or lies.

If one were to apply Occams Razor to the situation, is it likely that millions of people from all walks of life, including all the credible professionals listed above, from many different countries, and military organisations across the world who have reported incidents with extraterrestrial craft, including many over nuclear missile silo's or bases which housed nuclear missiles, are insane, liars, or hallucinating, and that none their accounts, not one of them is real ..

Or is something quite strange happening, and are these people telling the truth.

The simplest explanation, is usually the right one.

Your point is well made, and taken. However, I have not read any reports of pilots, police officers, air traffic controllers, and military officers reporting fairies, or magical bananas. I have however read many reports from the same professionals reporting unidentified objects, some of which have been many times larger than a Boeng 747, and exhibiting flight characteristics that are not possible by todays technology.

Many of these reports have been witnessed by multiple witnesses. there are some recorded cases where hundreds, or thousands of people have witnessed unusual aerial phenomenon.
    So assuming this is the case, and ignoring the vast overstatements and over simplifications you're making, how does this connect to the phenomenon described by the OP?
    What other than your assumption that they are connected, relates these two topics?
    If one were to apply Occams Razor to the situation, is it likely that millions of people from all walks of life, including all the credible professionals listed above, from many different countries, and military organisations across the world who have reported incidents with extraterrestrial craft, including many over nuclear missile silo's or bases which housed nuclear missiles, are insane, liars, or hallucinating, and that none their accounts, not one of them is real ..

Or is something quite strange happening, and are these people telling the truth.

The simplest explanation, is usually the right one.
    In the context of Occam's Razor, the "simplest" explanation means the explanation with the least amount of unknowns or requires the least amount of logical leaps or new theories.
    If we were to use your interpretation of it, then assuming something works by magic would be the "simplest explanation."

However since we know that people from all walks of life are capable not just of lying, but of misidentifying stuff, misremembering details of stories, exaggerating, being misquoted and quoted out of context, hallucinating, taking drugs or being subject to other effects with alter perception and reading faulty equipment among a thousand other explanations that account for every instance.
    Your preferred explanation requires us to assume a great deal.

So yea, the mundane explanation is the more likely one.

• Advertisement

My point relates simply to your comment, and I do not believe I tied this to the op's post (apologies if I misled)

To sum up, taking your quote above, I would be interested to hear a more plausible, supported and mundane explanation to the huge volume of globally reported incidents, which (if one is to assume that most of the personnel reporting them are not insane, lying, hallucinating) puts the possible existence of extraterrestrials into the "unreasonable and ridiculous" bucket.

Advertisement