Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting up DJ Equipment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

Did you forget to get an amplifier?

you connect your mixer to your amp and then from amp to the bass bin via the speakon cables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hurricanekill

Eh no cos they are Active PA Speakers, so there is one built in. Thats what is confusing me?

Eh no cos they are Active PA Speakers, so there is one built in. Thats what is confusing me?
    My appologies!!!!
    Use a phono to Xlr lead to connect mixer to bin. Xlr to xlr lead to connect bin to top and link your 2 tops together with another Xlr lead.

Ah right ok , well that makes more sense now, and when i connect the two tops in which socket does the xlr lead go into, into the In or Out? Sorry im all new to this

Ah right ok , well that makes more sense now, and when i connect the two tops in which socket does the xlr lead go into, into the In or Out? Sorry im all new to this
    Ok from mixer youre going to IN on bin, OUT on bin goes to IN on one top and last lead from OUT on top that's connected to bin, go to IN on your 2nd Top, hope that helps. Let me know what the quality is like.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the help :-) i will try it out as soon as i will get the Speakers and Mixer. I will let you know the result too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

its better practice to go xlr out of mixer if it has it into bin (both inputs) and then each output of the bin run xlr cable to top speakers

sweetie wrote: »
    its better practice to go xlr out of mixer if it has it into bin (both inputs) and then each output of the bin run xlr cable to top speakers
    I thought I saw only one output on the bin but if there's 2 definitely one to each top! Like said above :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

yeah from the pictures, it looks like it doesn't really matter what order you connect it. real shame that mixer has no balanced outs with xlr connectors. you'll need a phono to xlr lead too. master left / right out to your tops.. then i suppose all you can do is link the out of one of the tops to the sub, and wind down the high cut on the sub till it's how you like it. a summed mono send to the sub would be nicer, but you can have some fun with this setup if you don't push it to hard.

red lights on gear like this really does mean warning!

Advertisement