Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

oily skin in your 30s - how to balance care for oiliness and aging

• 24-02-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I am hitting mid thirties and suffer with bad skin. I have loads of blackheads and often have breakouts. When I wake in the mornings my skin is so shiny. Also at my age im fighting the beginning of fine lines etc So confused on the right combination of products to tackle both the oiliness and the aging. Please help

Comments

chikatee wrote: »
    I am hitting mid thirties and suffer with bad skin. I have loads of blackheads and often have breakouts. When I wake in the mornings my skin is so shiny. Also at my age im fighting the beginning of fine lines etc So confused on the right combination of products to tackle both the oiliness and the aging. Please help

Read up online about the benefits of rosehip oil for both those issues, it sounds like it might suit you. I know it sounds counterintuitive to put oil on oily skin, but it really does reduce oiliness by fooling your skin into producing less, it doesn't clog your pores and is very high in antioxidants, as well as being very moisturising. Some people prefer jojoba oil, or make or buy a blend.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Many brands do anti ageing creams with a really light texture. After cleansing you absolutely must tone, and use a really light product designed for ageing and oily skin. I personally use Precious Fluid from L'Occitane, it's super light and anti ageing. There's also some other products with SPF for preventing ageing and I'm sure other brands do good products too, and many will do a skin consultation in store. Definitely keep toniing, exfoliate twice a week and moisturise every day but with the right product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I clean using Clarins comfort cleanser (green water for combination skin). Its just like water (I dont wear make up so that usually does me - a freshner really). e22

Then on my t-zone, I use a witchhazel serum from boots (about e5).

(the odd time, if skin feels dehydrated I put on an additional hyluronic serum and then the Aldi one).

Then on the other areas of my face (cheeks/cheekbones/around eyes), I use a hyluronic serum from Aldi (about e5)

Let all that sink in for a minute, then finish it off with Elizabeth Arden moisturiser with SPF. (about e35)

Plus plently of water!

(Oh I exfoliate once/twice per week max. for me only around my nose where feels clogged/oily/congested. Depending on how skin feels. But use something mild.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Moisturiser is good for both (and drinking lots of water). It produces excess oil if it's been dehydrated. Moisturise every time you wash your face and before bed
    I use olay mostly because it's great for combination skin and clears off the oil but it's supposed to be anti ageing also
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplus/detail-page/B00005JTW8_olay_201307051_4627.jpg

I should have said twice a week max also! And don't use too much product... When you see the amount some people put on their faces, it's no wonder they have excess oil, if you get a 5ml sample from a shop you should be able to get easily two uses out of it, maybe three. This was one reason I had loads of shine before, I was using a Nivea moisturiser that wasn't right for me, my skin felt tight so I'd lash on the moisturiser, which made it shiner, but it still felt tight... so confusing! So lots of water, and I can't stress how important a routine is, if you cleanse, tone and moisturise before bed and again in the morning (I just tone and mosturise after a shower, a bit lazy but the products are expensive!) for a few weeks, you will see the difference.And warm a teeny drop of the cream between your (clean) fingers before putting it on your face and it spreads really easily and quickly and you only need a tiny bit. Oh and try to avoid touching your hands during the day! And there's only so much we can do about hormonal breakouts anyway, but you can keep it looking its best definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 chikatee

thanks all for d advice. Some good suggestions there. I def say what i do mite currently be resulting in making my skin oilier. makeup wise is an issue too. I currently use urban decay pore perfecting primer and mac studio fix fluid bit it seems to slide off my face in no time

I use studio fix and I like it... I don't use any primer, but my skin isn't very very oily, I just haaate shine! But I always wore Mac and under my Nivea stuff it used to slide off my face too. So good make up definitely starts with good skin, I believe. Things I changed were regular toning and the amount of product, as well as the right product. Good luck, and I'd love to hear how it's going, keep in touch! I'm really happy with mine now, it took a lot of trial and error but I have my perfect mix :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

try googling oil cleansing method & hemo seed oil... i know it sounds crazy to use oil to clean oily skin but you might be surprised at the results people at getting!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

# HEMP seed oil! !

Advertisement