Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damaged laptop

• 24-11-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a toshiba tecra a9, and it got a bad knock.

Now it wont boot up stating a built in hdd error, then says to check the media cable. The hdd itself is connected though.

Is this covered by waranty and assuming not, do I need to bother dealing with a toshiba dealer or would any shop do? Is this likely to be costly?

Thanks very much, all feedback appreciated.

Sam.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 acerwarranty

Was the unit on when it got the knock? Sounds like a hdd fault. Any repair centre will do to have the work done and shouldn't be too costly. Do you have the restore cd media?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can buy a hard drive and install it yourself. It's pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Godot666

hi,
    the first thing i would do is to remove the hard drive and reseat it. it could have come loose in the fall, i don't think that you are dealing with a serious issue as it is able to boot up and generate the message. if you need to replace the hard drive the issue will be then is if you have a re-installation CD-ROM.

Advertisement