Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAT - SFV & USF4 Frame Assistant Tool

2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

One suggestion, lock the column headers row so it doesn't disappear off screen when scrolling.

This is something I actually tried to do, but within the current framework, couldn't get going. I'll look at it again though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just tweeted a few people the link.

UltraDavid retweeted it, so that should get a few downloads anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Great initiative on this APP. Nice one dude. Downloaded and waiting for SFV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sh4rin

Thanks for doing this, what an amazing app dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is there V Trigger frame data in this? Lots of characters have much different frame data on normals/specials when they enter V Trigger (Ken, Necalli, Cammy etc), would be handy to have it, as well as important.

Move commands for certain command normals etc without having to click into said normal would be nice, because some of them have whack names. Just in brackets after or something would make it so much handier.

Other than that, I'm going to be using this. The notes section is brilliant. How accurate is the data do you know? I tested lots of things during the beta from VFrames data and lots of it was inaccurate :( I'm guessing once the game launches lots of data can be fixed etc with further testing/datamining, since the final build will likely be a little different to other betas.

Ramza wrote: »
    Is there V Trigger frame data in this? Lots of characters have much different frame data on normals/specials when they enter V Trigger (Ken, Necalli, Cammy etc), would be handy to have it, as well as important.

VTrigger information is ready to go in the app, just waiting til the proper data drops on it.
    Move commands for certain command normals etc without having to click into said normal would be nice, because some of them have whack names. Just in brackets after or something would make it so much handier.

I have a great idea to alleviate this issue, watch this space.
    Other than that, I'm going to be using this. The notes section is brilliant. How accurate is the data do you know? I tested lots of things during the beta from VFrames data and lots of it was inaccurate :( I'm guessing once the game launches lots of data can be fixed etc with further testing/datamining, since the final build will likely be a little different to other betas.
    You're a guy who knows his frames, would you like to help me with it? PM me your gmail A/C if you want in.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You're a guy who knows his frames, would you like to help me with it? PM me your gmail A/C if you want in.

Cheers for the reply. And the frame data being inaccurate on VFrames was likely down to inaccurate dumps from the game's data, or it being a little different in Beta 4 and the data being taken from previous Betas? My best guess. Some data being inaccurate is not really the fault of app creators such as yourself but more so the sources from which the data came from.

Not sure how I could help tbh. The final version of the game day 1 is going to be different (not sure how different), so I am guessing some stuff will be different frame wise. Minor things. Overall 99% of the data was fine and worked great for me! But some of it was inaccurate from testing. Play it by ear for now, it's a new game and I'm sure 100% accurate data for the final build will come around in no time with some of the minor things fixed!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You're a guy who knows his frames

Is he?

I actually cast my mind back to this moment upon reading Onion's post :pac:

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. And the frame data being inaccurate on VFrames was likely down to inaccurate dumps from the game's data, or it being a little different in Beta 4 and the data being taken from previous Betas? My best guess. Some data being inaccurate is not really the fault of app creators such as yourself but more so the sources from which the data came from.

Not sure how I could help tbh. The final version of the game day 1 is going to be different (not sure how different), so I am guessing some stuff will be different frame wise. Minor things. Overall 99% of the data was fine and worked great for me! But some of it was inaccurate from testing. Play it by ear for now, it's a new game and I'm sure 100% accurate data for the final build will come around in no time with some of the minor things fixed!

Ah yeah, I mean you can do some testing for me once the game is out if you like. Well, let's see how we go. Let me know anything accurate that's been discovered come game drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

any plans for ios?

BTW u can use this chrome extension/app to run android apps in the browser
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn?utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher

iOS will be out ASAP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Not compatible with my device. Sad face.
    I demand you cater to my unwillingness to get a new phone despite this one falling apart.

Ver 2.0.3 is out on Android

Get it here!

You'll be prompted to allow the IAP permission, which I've had to add back in with the return of donations. Don't worry, nothing fancy behind a paywall.

What's New:
    * Added the Frame Data, Move List and ability to take notes for F.A.N.G.
    * Tapping a move in moves list now brings you to the more detail screen for that move.
    * Added a welcome screen for fresh app entry!
    * You can now donate again! Of course, you don't have to :)
    * Frame-Data legend will now stick to the top of the screen when scrolling
    * Returning from the more detailed frame data screen no longer scrolls you back to the top of the list.
    * Scrolling in general should feel a lot less janky
    * Fixed a bug where the splashscreen would not show for long enough
    * Fixed a bug where Move Linking card header was not wrapping it's text

iOS Version 2.0.3 will be sent in for approval very soon, will update with that news ASAP.

Hello! I come bearing many different gifts for many different people!

iOS (Ver 2.0.4)

Let me start off with saying **iOS version is out!** Download link here

Now iOS users can get all the benefits that Android users have been enjoying! This is a new release on iOS, so please email me any bugs or issues you find, even if you think they've been fixed in 2.1.0 (which will be released on iOS ASAP, now that most of the difficult porting work is done!).

All the same, I do apologise that you guys are not on 2.1.0. There's not a lot I can do about it atm with the iOS's review process. However I am going to look into delivering updates via my server instead of via the review process. Bear with me on that!

Special thanks to my friends at Jupli for working on the port :)

Android (Ver 2.1.0)

Get it here

Ohhhh boy. This was a big one. So big I upped the version number :P

What's New:

- Huge frame data overhaul, thank you to community members Gilley3D and Dantarion for their hard work!
    - New Mode! New to fighting games? Check out the all new "Tutorials & Lessons" mode under References. First batch of content features lessons from the one and only /u/Joe_Munday! Yup, his series of practical lessons for beginners is now inside FAT!
    - New Feature! You can now switch instantly between Player One and Player Two's frame data at the top of Frame Data mode. Productivity Get! Thanks to /u/minimalisto for this genuinely genius idea
    - New Setting! New to fighting games? Or not fluent in Japanese?! Turn on "Common Move Names" in Settings! The much begged for feature is now a reality
    - Added Back & Forward Walk Speeds and Back & Forward Jump Distances to character stats page
    - Added the "Attack Level" value under more detailed Frame Data
    - Changed the look of toggles throughout the app to show both options up front
    - Fixed a bug where external links weren't opening
    - Improved the layout of general frame data view
    - Fixed a bug where anti-air moves were showing as grounded punishes
    - Fixed a bug where users weren't alerted after donating
    - Improved how the text input area in notes modes is rendered (warning: if you're on 4.3 this may temporarily make things worse. I'll be releasing a special 4.0 - 4.3 build before the end of the weekend hopefully, but bear with me)

Phew! Thanks as always to everyone who has supported me with kind words and sick suggestions. I can't put everything in at once but I'm trying my best to address everyone's concerns. As always, follow me on twitter for little sneak peaks at what I'm up to

@D4RK_ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks for this! Great app.

2.1.3 is up now

- Added tons of new info like invincibility frames and airbourne frames on all relevant moves - find them under the more detailed frame data views. There's a little visual clue in the regular frame data table to let you know there's more info there
    - Added a search bar to the frame data viewer, you can search by name, startup, move type and more!
    - Added all VTrigger data for all characters! You can switch VTrigger on and off for a character at the character select. Moves that change are highlighted in red on the frame data screen. You can also calculate using VTrigger data.
    - Added all crush counter data for all characters, and the type and advantage is stated under the more detailed frame data view. This data is also now accounted for in "Move Linking" mode which I particularly like myself
    - Added more of /u/Joe_Munday's excellent tutorials!
    - Gave the tutorial menu itself a bit of a visual overhaul
    - Fixed a bug where images were only being added to the end of the note instead of to the cursor position
    - Fixed some errors in the frame-data database
    - Improved the launch speed of the app

Hopefully you enjoy this update a lot more than I enjoyed the many *many* hours of data-entry! For real though, 2.1.3 brings a lot more knowledge to the table.

You can get it on android, and the iOS update is already being worked on. I'll post here when it's up.

Advertisement