Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE player problems

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Trying to watch stuff on player is now impossible for me, when i click on a show everything seems fine and the ads play for a minute or two but when they finish, nothing :confused: Click play once more and again it just runs the ads and then stops. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rockfish wrote: »
    Trying to watch stuff on player is now impossible for me, when i click on a show everything seems fine and the ads play for a minute or two but when they finish, nothing :confused: Click play once more and again it just runs the ads and then stops. Any suggestions?

turn off whatever ad blocker you are usin

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

deco nate wrote: »
    turn off whatever ad blocker you are usin

Sorry but how would i do that? not very techy:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Try using www.rte.ie/playerxl instead. If that doesn't work use a browser other than chrome, if you have Internet Explorer installed use that instead of chrome for rte player.

Try using www.rte.ie/playerxl instead. If that doesn't work use a browser other than chrome, if you have Internet Explorer installed use that instead of chrome for rte player.

Tried both but no joy, it stops with 00:01 second of the advertisement remaining

anyone?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same problem but PlayerXL fixed it for me, have you tried the XL link in Chrome/IE and Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Rockfish wrote: »
    Tried both but no joy, it stops with 00:01 second of the advertisement remaining

In chrome go to the settings panel which is the right most icon on after the web address bad. It has three little lines as an icon.
    In the list that appears go to "tools", then to "extentions" in the next list. If you have anything there called AdBlock, basically anything with "Ad" as a word try disabling it by clicking the box beside it. Then try again.

Otherwise trying downloading firefox if you don't have it.

Advertisement