Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you could redesign the human body

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'd also like some way for us girls to pee standing up. Comes in handy when caught short at a festibal- no more dicking around with squatting.
    Can women not already pee standing up?

Sorry to be graphic, but what happens if you're standing up and you just, eh, "let go"?
    jester77 wrote: »
    The body shouldn't need 6-8 hours to recharge.
    Take away the need for sleep

Totally agree with this. Broadly overlooked, but the need for rest periods is a serious drawback to human development. We could share, collaborate in projects, and impart our knowledge for 30% longer without this requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

The body should have a built in watch, always handy to know the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

corktina wrote: »
    jeez eight pages, did anyone say Xray Eyes yet?

(that would have to be Selective Xray Eyes of course thinking about it.....shudder)
    All bones look the same to me, maybe if you worked as a radiologist it might be useful.
    Sarky wrote: »
    I've spent the last fortnight mapping a few hundred million RNA sequences to the latest build of the human genome. It's a bloody mess. Human genes are all over the sodding place, fragmented and spliced with other crap. Those chromosomes need some good tidying up.
    That other "crap" is full of very interesting and essential mechanisms for gene regulation.:p I'd argue that it is probably just as important as the genes themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Can women not already pee standing up?

Sorry to be graphic, but what happens if you're standing up and you just, eh, "let go"?

This is the reason why 5" heels and platform soles are so popular

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Men - corkscrew dicks

Women - corkscrew chachas
    That's how ducks do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

That's how ducks do it.

And there was me thinking that you used a zestor for the orange sauce, when in actual fact, the duck has this inbuilt ability. Thanks for that, mein Capt'n.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvOvdU7iMC9H5BeSyL3w3__OBDV4MWEfTlyVh0TDRWC-hXjjZq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

If you live until you're 90 you'll likely have spent about 30 years of your life in the scratcher. That's a serious amount of time wasted, we would do well to get rid of the need for so much sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mygoat

I’d keep the snot dispenser and eating cranny separate (have you ever gotten a hug and a kiss from a baby with long, green snots hanging of their nose? :D).

Also, the sexy bits and the stinky bits would be kept much further apart; keeping them close is so wrong on so many levels...

Oh and purely for safety reasons – the breathing pipe and the feeding tube... why do they have the same entry point? That’s just dangerous – I’d keep these separate too.

Oh, oh, and also – I’d make us able to breathe under water!

And flying... without having to flap any wings though – keeping those clean would be a nightmare...

Fertility would have to be earned. There would be some wise internal scoring system, and only loving, caring, responsible people would have the natural ability to procreate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Retractable thumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nerosaxo

:D

It's only weird because it's not the norm. Remember, I'm talking about changes that would be implemented "at the dawn of time" so you'd know no better than having 10 eyes or beer nipples or whatever :pac:

Move the playground away from the dump .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Internal testicles
    Stronger spines
    Stronger cruciate ligaments
    Wings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd put U and I together.

No wait, that's rewriting the dictionary.

Eh...... maybe I'd make my biceps bigger or give myself a built-in cupholder or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Pogo sticks for legs and tennis rackets for arms.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Night-vision capable eyes that can see in other spectrum's, Lungs that can also breathe something other than Oxygen, Gills, Photosynthesis capable skin and extra cells that are stem type cells that can regenerate body parts. I'd also put in the ability to accept tissue from any other human.
    You could have trilobite eyes, made of the mineral calcite. If some one tried to poke you in the eye they'd hurt their finger.

And the vision system of the Mantis Shrimp is just amazing.
    And yes I'd love to be able to punch like one, they are so fast they don't even need to make contact because the shock wave can do damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Why are people all for internal balls? How ugly and odd would your cock look on it's own. Fair enough you can get a bang to the balls every once in a while but hardly ever, plus having your balls tugged a bit when you're getting head feels really good.

Why would you want to give that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

They'll be on the inside but there'll be a zip to access them for general tugging and whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

They'll be on the inside but there'll be a zip to access them for general tugging and whatnot.

Ah feck not another zip to get caught in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

The 'funny bone' ... I mean, what sort of contraption decides to paralyze your arm and fingers for a few mins if it gets bumped for niggled.

Get rid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

An eye on the end of my middle finger. .... oh ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

There should be some sort of gastrointestinal energy conductor that you could hook up to a battery, and generate electrical energy while you sleep, or watch the soaps while stuffing your face.

It would solve our simultaneous energy and obesity crises immediately.

• Advertisement

A lot of the "problems" are abilities we've lost over time.

A few others are things we may not have had but close relatives do.

our ancestors that laid eggs on land excreted nitrogen in an insoluble form. So less fluid needed and less smelly.

Things like needing vitamin C because the gene is broken. Nutrition would be a lot easier if we hadn't lost the ability to generate vitamins and co-factors and stuff. The Gelda baboons can eat grass, boring but cheap.

So are something like 70% of our genes for smell. Then again being able to smell more yukkie things might not be such a good thing

*wants a prehensile tail*

On the sexual side we are the best endowed of all primates in both absolute and relative terms. And most of our ancestors and even todays aquatic mammals have internal genitals. Actually everyting that isn't a mammal regrows teeth as needed. And today's amphibians and some lizards are quite adept at regrowing limbs and tails, not to mention the ability of most large reptiles to go months without food, almost certainly genetic traits that we've lost.

If we were smaller, like cat sized, we wouldn't need to fly we could rid on birds. And being cat sized we could probably survive a fall as we'd have a much lower terminal velocity.

Polydactyl cats exist, some even with opposable thumbs , add a gliding ability to that and you have the makings of a pretty nifty body, just needs something sharp on the tail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'd redesign the body so that we can eat whatever we want, but we stop absorbing calories/fat/protein/carbohydrates etc. when we've reached the maximum needed for our body to function. But we can continue to eat if we want. No diets ever needed :D

Also, we should have some kind of internal rehydration system if our hydration levels dip for some reason. No more hangovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Kichote

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'd redesign the body so that we can eat whatever we want, but we stop absorbing calories/fat/protein/carbohydrates etc. when we've reached the maximum needed for our body to function. But we can continue to eat if we want. No diets ever needed :D

Also, we should have some kind of internal rehydration system if our hydration levels dip for some reason. No more hangovers!

Im going to assume Ilyana 2.0 has all these or are they scheduled for 2.1 or some -bugfix release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Adamantium bones, sick of breaking them :( and sort the spin out too, gets damaged way to easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Kichote wrote: »
    Im going to assume Ilyana 2.0 has all these or are they scheduled for 2.1 or some -bugfix release?

Well I'm hungover right now, so that would be a no...

Ilyana 2.1 won't be operational for quite some time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I would say wings . save on all that walking. I do enjoy walking but for the times I just want to get it over with and get to where i want to get to quicker. Also there would be less polution. It would be possible also to s..t on people you dont like from a great height.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Redesigning the human body: New i7 Core Process, 32gb of RAM and 2TB hard drive to make studying for exams a little easier. Install a nitrogen based cooling system to keep drinks chilled in the Summer. Could install a HD graphics card for better vision with night vision filters when it gets dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That post is a perfect example of the poor knowledge of human anatomy and biology that most posters in this thread possess

When you say "That post...", I hope you're referring to the post I was answering, not my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Kichote

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Well I'm hungover right now, so that would be a no...

Ilyana 2.1 won't be operational for quite some time :(

Its too early in the week for being hung over. You're living the high life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

A self cleaning butthole

Advertisement