Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

trecs wrote: »
    @BigStupidGuy - maybe you can organize some casuals this weekend or the next?

:D
    Organizing casuals amounts to starting a thread saying there's casuals in the XGC on Saturday, then showing up on Saturday. It is not a complex procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Sairus wrote: »
    Organizing casuals amounts to starting a thread saying there's casuals in the XGC on Saturday, then showing up on Saturday. It is not a complex procedure.

Yep I've been in a few tekken casuals before - but the big problem is getting tekken players to show up.

And also in my case where i'm kinda used to the arcade setup - i'm more comfortable using arcade sticks - as opposed to console pads (i've been telling myself to buy one of those hori)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

@ Trecs

Yeah I will try man, waiting for one or two replies now! fingers crossed I guess...

Then it'll also be great if Batman_oh can come too. Maybe you can tell us what day you'd like to come in because we are easy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I been playing a lot of tekken lately mainly getting down stick execution, shud be rdy to own everyone when this lands

@ Trecs

Yeah I will try man, waiting for one or two replies now! fingers crossed I guess...

Then it'll also be great if Batman_oh can come too. Maybe you can tell us what day you'd like to come in because we are easy I think.

Cool

weekdays most likely in the evenings (past six-ish due to work)
    Weekends anytime after lunch or even earlier

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    I been playing a lot of tekken lately mainly getting down stick execution, shud be rdy to own everyone when this lands

Looking forward in playing with you :cool:

Anyone online xbox with T6?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ah here :pac:

Dat truthspeak

@bigstupidguy why not get the zaibatsu guys to register on boards.ie I'm sure it would make life easier for you, and would be handier for them to know about tekken related casuals/ events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://andriasang.com/con1xp/ttt2_swimsuits/

Japan in a nutshell:
    Another follower asked if the swimsuit DLC includes school swimsuits. Harada replied that they'd assumed this would be asked by Japanese players, so they made sure to include school swimsuits.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Yup.
    I play Hwo and been learning Kaz/Jin.
    My bro plays Raven.
    I'm gonna get him up to the next casuals.

I dislocated my shoulder, so i'm still able to play :)

XBL: Longingfungus

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I might be able to go to some casuals if they're on at the weekend. I went to a tournament there before that someone here organised. I did pretty OK for an amateur too, I didn't know what was going on with all of you people and your arcade boards!

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    @bigstupidguy why not get the zaibatsu guys to register on boards.ie I'm sure it would make life easier for you, and would be handier for them to know about tekken related casuals/ events

Yeah there's one guy I keep messaging who seems to be really good but he is yet to sign up to boards despite my constant annoying him....

Okay let's say we have more casuals on the 28th of July!

Is that good for everyone? Aurongroove said he would come also so that's one more for sure.

Maybe this guy aaronj-09 will come too from TZ ans PSN.

Hopefully it's good for batman_oh too.

Could add up to a good sum?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Well, I'm up for that. :)
    I'll convince my bro to come too.

@BigStupidGuy;
    You should get on to Mantys and his mate and see if they're available too man! :)

I just PM him, although I think he works on weekends....

I'll send Nani a message also,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭batman_oh

was off farting around europe on the bike there so just catching up on this now
    would like to get some games in soon - will turn on t6 this weekend for the first time in about a year!

Cool man, there was a good crowd last Saturday actually. If either you or the Dom are coming next Saturday then it should be a really fun day!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I enjoyed a noticeable improvement in my alertness after yesterday's meet up. my problem is I'm sloppy and I'm always content just playing the game and never exerting myself to "win". but if you think about it, that's not really practice then, it's like the difference between playing an instrument for pleasure and practicing the instrument; the only "practice" I really get in tekken are the fights I'm trying to win.

If there are regular meet ups though to play at then it gives me a reason to try win a few matches(thus spend more time "getting better" rather then just playing for the laugh). I don't want to go to these things and be the worst player there, which I almost was Saturday.

Normally I usually say to BSG "OK let's do first to 3 so I can concentrate" but I think today I sort of snapped "on" and found I was concentrating without me needing to be 2-0 down in a best to 3 or on the receiving end of a long losing streak before saying "right, I shall endeavor especially to win this fight"

Cool man, there was a good crowd last Saturday actually. If either you or the Dom are coming next Saturday then it should be a really fun day!

people playing tekken this weekend yeah? i'll see what i can do. have you been in contact with Dom?

• Advertisement

I talked to the Dominator on TZ in the heavy metal thread ages ago but he said that he wasn't interested anymore now that the scene is gone.

But apparently other guys from the community (that Alisa player) were talking to him and might be able to bend his arm to come again. So I don't know to be honest, just have to wait and see! Now that there is a "scene" again more or less...

I could probably get in for a few hours Saturday afternoon. Would have to be gone around 5 or so though

Cool it would be nice to see more faces. Sure we're usually there from 2pm but if you'd rather I'm sure people wouldn't mind coming in whatever time is good for you.

Might be going down the country for the weekend but if I'm not, I'll make it in this weekend. Haven't played Tekken in ages so I suspect I'll be a little rusty. Enjoy it while it lasts!

unfortunately off to galway at 3 tomorrow so cant make it
    will defo get in soon though. will have to give tekken a shot first as i havent played it in over a year. hopefully it comes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Tournament for the Tekken 6 players: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720874

Question though:

(1) Can T6 be fully patched up to date on Xbox, for free?

(2) Will this work offline at the tournament?

(3) If (1) and (2) are yes, would someone be willing to loan me a copy of the game so I can get my Xbox patched up in time?
    If so please PM me, I could easily collect/return it at any two casuals of your choosing.

Tournament for the Tekken 6 players: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720874

Question though:

(1) Can T6 be fully patched up to date on Xbox, for free?

(2) Will this work offline at the tournament?

(3) If (1) and (2) are yes, would someone be willing to loan me a copy of the game so I can get my Xbox patched up in time?
    If so please PM me, I could easily collect/return it at any two casuals of your choosing.

1) there is no tekken patch

2) there is no 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    1) there is no tekken patch

2) there is no 2 :P

Thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

Any word on what (if any) pre-order DLC is going to be available from Irish retailers? Tempted to import from Gamestop.com just to get all the DLC in one go. Might just order it from Zavvi and live without Angel and Jun until theyre up as DLC.

• Advertisement

Tekken in XGC tomorrow anyone?

Advertisement