Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

marko93 wrote: »
    Excellent! Thank you good Sir
    Actually I forgot that instead of asking random people on campus in 2 weeks I can post my question on Boards :o Does anyone know where BSem is?! Ive one of my tutorials there and it's not on campus venues locator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

jubella wrote: »
    I was in TH2 at 11 and 4 today and it was still unbearably hot at both those times!

My 1000th post was about how warm lecture theatres are. How anti-climactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

andrew369 wrote: »
    I was in JH2 for Philosophy today at 9am, the heat was horrible. Between it, lack of sleep, listening about Socrates corrupting youth and the guy sitting next to me absolutely reeking of cabbage made for an uncomfortable morning.

I thought that was just my imagination, it was like a furnace. Found the lecture interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Paczini wrote: »
    Actually I forgot that instead of asking random people on campus in 2 weeks I can post my question on Boards :o Does anyone know where BSem is?! Ive one of my tutorials there and it's not on campus venues locator

Bioscience building I think....?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Bioscience building I think....?
    Ive no clue! never heard of it and thats why Im asking! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

According to a Maynooth handbook, BSem is Seminar Room 2.28 on the 1st floor in Callan Building.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    According to a Maynooth handbook, BSem is Seminar Room 2.28 on the 1st floor in Callan Building.
    Thank you!! I didnt expect that :o Im studying Law and French and I have most of my lectures in weird lecture halls e.g Auxilia (sociology department), PCT (Science building), BSem (Callan Building), CS1 (wherever that is, but Im sure this one is on campus venue locator) and in Semester 2 CS1, Auxilia (1 and 2) and CSSR hahahaha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thank you!! I didnt expect that :o Im studying Law and French and I have most of my lectures in weird lecture halls e.g Auxilia (sociology department), PCT (Science building), BSem (Callan Building), CS1 (wherever that is, but Im sure this one is on campus venue locator) and in Semester 2 CS1, Auxilia (1 and 2) and CSSR hahahaha

CS1 is in the Computer Science Building and I think CSSR is CSR which is the Computer Science Room.

Don't forget Education House too!

I'm all over the place this year. Worst bit is that I have to run from Auxillia and TH1 straight over to Callan Hall on Mondays and Tuesdays. Not fun.

CS1 is in the Computer Science Building and I think CSSR is CSR which is the Computer Science Room.

Don't forget Education House too!

I'm all over the place this year. Worst bit is that I have to run from Auxillia and TH1 straight over to Callan Hall on Mondays and Tuesdays. Not fun.
    Yea Education House is weird enough as well! I dont even know where Computer Science building is! Haha, I guess I'll find out next week!
    I had that problem last year, I had to run from Digilab in the Arts block to CH whereas my friend was in even worse position cause he had to run to Rhetoric House.. Ouch I just realized that next semester I'll have to run from CH to one of the tutorial rooms in north campus :/

Yea Education House is weird enough as well! I dont even know where Computer Science building is! Haha, I guess I'll find out next week!
    I had that problem last year, I had to run from Digilab in the Arts block to CH whereas my friend was in even worse position cause he had to run to Rhetoric House.. Ouch I just realized that next semester I'll have to run from CH to one of the tutorial rooms in north campus :/

The building closest to the SU if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

The building closest to the SU if I remember correctly.
    you mean one that is right in front of SU? Thats Callan Building.. I thing CS building might be the one facing Phoenix (but for some reason I thought that it's engineering building (if we even have such building on campus :o )

you mean one that is right in front of SU? Thats Callan Building.. I thing CS building might be the one facing Phoenix (but for some reason I thought that it's engineering building (if we even have such building on campus :o )

I think that the Callan building is the one that I meant!

The one facing Phoenix is definitely the mysterious Engineering building!

I think that the Callan building is the one that I meant!
    Just double checked it. You are right. It's in Callan Building

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think CSR is the room close to the toilets in Callan Building. Hopefully no one has been unlucky enough to have a class in APT, that lecture hall and AX2 are for me the worst on the campus.

I think CSR is the room close to the toilets in Callan Building. Hopefully no one has been unlucky enough to have a class in APT, that lecture hall and AX2 are for me the worst on the campus.
    I know! I had french there last year! Im gonna have AX2 in the 2nd semester. Not looking forward to it.. Question. Why does it say CSSR instead of CSR on the timetable?

Had that last year. Was handy for me because I was at the apts anyway! :D
    I know! I had french there last year! Im gonna have AX2 in the 2nd semester. Not looking forward to it.. Question. Why does it say CSSR instead of CSR on the timetable?

I reckon it's a typo. Says it for me too. That or I have the totally wrong place! The link for CSSR doesn't work though while CSR does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Probably should think about going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Probably should think about getting out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

I have yet to have lectures in APT this semester, is it that bad? :confused:

Karmaa wrote: »
    I have yet to have lectures in APT this semester, is it that bad? :confused:
    Awful room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I reckon it's a typo. Says it for me too. That or I have the totally wrong place! The link for CSSR doesn't work though while CSR does.

They might have changed the name of the room and not updated the map.

I keep forgetting that it exists, but here is the link to Campus Maps

Fun fact, between when I wrote it in 2012 and now, its had 46,958 visits.
    ...I should really update it (the map is a bit out of date) and its a bit pug-fugly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

College life is so much more complex than school life.
    I dont even know what Im doing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

deise_girl wrote: »
    College life is so much more complex than school life.
    I dont even know what Im doing

It's only week one of lectures! You'll be fine.

TheBody wrote: »
    It's only week one of lectures! You'll be fine.

Yea but I even have things I need to do and its like.. When am I going to do it? WHY ISNT THIS SCHOOL???
    I really think Im gonna be one of those people that takes forever to adapt properly to college.. Not going out tonight will have to be the first step of it all

Yea but I even have things I need to do and its like.. When am I going to do it? WHY ISNT THIS SCHOOL???
    I really think Im gonna be one of those people that takes forever to adapt properly to college.. Not going out tonight will have to be the first step of it all
    I felt like that in my first week of college. Went and talked to Rose in the Academic Advisory office and she helped me a lot.

Its a big change in such a small space of time.
    The campus is a bit chaotic at first, but after the first few weeks, you settle in.

I've been here quite a long time and still the first 2 weeks of the year are maddness.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Its a big change in such a small space of time.
    The campus is a bit chaotic at first, but after the first few weeks, you settle in.

I've been here quite a long time and still the first 2 weeks of the year are maddness.

Yea its really insane the difference like.. Everythings mad and even in lectures and stuff Im just like wow we're actually learning things I need to study but when am I gonna study it |:

Also how do I submit work using moodle?? :confused:

Also how do I submit work using moodle?? :confused:

there should be a link to submit your assignment (either in the middle column or on the side), you upload your file and go.

Usually staff won't put up the submission box until they announce the assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Fuck my life. I had a dentist's appointment in Navan at 10:30 (which became 11:00), had to catch a lift with my mother to Maynooth, I arrived at Callan Hall at about 12:00...only to discover the CS130 lecture had been moved to Iontas, and when I got there, I had to sit on the floor. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

when I got there, I had to sit on the floor. :(

Why the lecture wasn't even half full? There was one other person sitting on the same isle as me.

Advertisement