Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

A teaser from Adam Isgreen on the new character coming in November.

sorc_tease1.PNG

Mummy_zpse3d048f8.jpg

looks like he'll be posting the last 3 quarters of this picture within the next 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sat there today watching myself in a minute long ultra combo by tj combo. Why do combos after the match is over exist?

Killer Instinct at Resistance 3

there was a small showing for KI at Resistance 3. for anyone interested in seeing any of the matches I've posted them all here. there is a pretty good variety of characters which is always good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

bush wrote: »
    Sat there today watching myself in a minute long ultra combo by tj combo. Why do combos after the match is over exist?
    Agreed. The opponent should have the option to end the combo if they don't want to watch it play out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bush wrote: »

I suppose it's a part of the enjoyment of the game for many but I end all my ultras straight away. Most good players are the same.

It's funny, but when someone does an ultra on me, the chances of them tebagging me/taunting continuously at the end are relatively high :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Just picked this up last night, seems fun enough so far. The dojo/training options are highly impressive.

Where is the best online resource for this game? SRK forums are completely dead.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Just picked this up last night, seems fun enough so far. The dojo/training options are highly impressive.

Where is the best online resource for this game? SRK forums are completely dead.

Best place to go is the official Iron Galaxy KI forums at http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php

Iron Galaxy and MS plan on adding to the Dojo mode so there should be character specific lessons as well sometime during Season 2 which is something to look forward to.

Boardsie KI lobby some evening lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Boardsie KI lobby some evening lads?

good idea, best times are 8-12 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, Season 2 has some really dodgy animations. Watch the victory pose animations on these. Particularly Maya and Orchid. They actually look like unfinished placeholder animations.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »

Man, Season 2 has some really dodgy animations. Watch the victory pose animations on these. Particularly Maya and Orchid. They actually look like unfinished placeholder animations.

They all look ass

The good ones wear taunts, except Glacius thunder, glacius looked weird

Sairus wrote: »

Thats most likely because it IS unfinished unfortunately. Evidence that IG and MS have a lot to do in little time. But as long as it doesn't affect actual gameplay it doesn't bother me since they have fixed stuff like this in the past.

Online Warrior Championship: Episode 1

Alex Valle hosted an online tournament with some of the best KI players attending.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/580244293 the Tournament begins at 01:30:00

or if you'd rather just watch the top 8 on Youtube, Valle uploaded those matches to the leveluplive Youtube channel here

and to finish off, Mick Gordon uploaded this teaser of the new character's theme onto his Vine account.

https://vine.co/v/Oblgtr0jqer

I'm going to main Maya from now on. Great fun to work with such a low damage output character who gets much better as the match progresses based on how you play her tactically.

Dem daggers :D

Are people playing this on pad or stick? if stick, did you buy a specific stick or is it modded.

Dashing on pad in KI ain't the best and alot of Mayas fun stuff requires alot of the old double tap forward.

Are people playing this on pad or stick? if stick, did you buy a specific stick or is it modded.

Dashing on pad in KI ain't the best and alot of Mayas fun stuff requires alot of the old double tap forward.

I ordered a TE2 for the game, but I can also play on pad. The TE2 feels great to play the game with but as you can imagine its a bit pricey if you buy it new.

If you'd like a stick have a look around for 2nd hand te2 or razor sticks. You might get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dont really play the game but I modded an xbox one pad pcb into my stick.

Gonna have a lobby at 7:00, keep a look out

The next teaser from Adam Isgreen has just been posted on the official IG forums.

sorc_tease2.PNG

"What is he? He’s a zoner… with a ranged grapple… and great (situational) mobility… and traps… oh, and curses too. Internally we call him a “trap grappler”, but I don’t even know if that’s the best way to describe him. When can you see for yourself? In his trailer and release in November. My mind boggles at the mixups and setups people will discover with him."

Notmummytwoparts_zps4112cba3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's clearly Anakaris, finally making a return to fighting games after nearly 15 years in the wilderness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Orim wrote: »
    It's clearly Anakaris, finally making a return to fighting games after nearly 15 years in the wilderness.

I was going to say "it's more like 10 years, you forgot Capcom Fighting Jam" but on reflection CFJ probably counts as "the wilderness".

here are some of the latest teasers for the 3rd character.

B1So6cmCUAAQEhi.jpg
    from Adam Isgreen's twitter page

http://instagram.com/p/uwMM4PpqAd/
    Mick Gordon's most recent tease on the 3rd character's theme.

LyQjzKt.png
    The updated character select screen coming up in the next patch (has the #notamummy character included).

for the full list of updates incoming with the next patch you can see them all here at http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3651.0

Mick Gordon's first teaser for Riptor's theme

https://vine.co/v/Oe5jvuUlvBW

Adam Isgreen just posted the next "puzzle piece" to the 3rd character's concept art.

sorc_tease3.PNG

put it together with the rest and you get this...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3784.0;attach=1811;image

looks like they were originally making the game for the 360... interesting stuff.

We finally get the reveal of the 3rd S2 character!

Character #3 : KAN-RA (khan-RAH)

Height: 5’11”
    Blood Type: (when he had it) O
    Nationality: Babylonian
    Type: Sorcerer
    Personality Traits: Arrogant, inquisitive, confident, and expressive
    Weapon: Dark magic, matter manipulation
    Kan-Ra_concept.jpg
    (the picture is huge).

"Babylon, 559 BC: Kan-Ra is named Vizier, head advisor to the throne.

Over his years of study in this position, he becomes fascinated with the King’s enigmatic royal guard – a living bronze statue – and the magic that keeps it alive. From all of Kan-Ra’s cautious attempts to observe and study the creature, he deduces that its power source could theoretically keep it alive forever. The thought of being able to study and learn until the end of time enthralls Kan-Ra and feeds his obsession for knowledge.

Scholarly research in the royal libraries into past wonders and lost arts of magic fuels his ambition; Kan-Ra feels that as the smartest person in Babylon only he is qualified to rule. He seduces the King’s wife using a charm spell and begins setting in motion a plan to take the throne by using the Queen as his assassin.

Lacking the power to control the spell effectively, it wears off prematurely. The Queen, thinking herself simply coming to her senses after being seduced by Kan-Ra, is overwhelmed by guilt, killing herself and leaving a note detailing her and Kan-Ra’s betrayal.

Enraged, the King has Kan-Ra hunted down and captured by his royal guard, who brings a bloodied a broken Kan-Ra before the throne. The King summons his most powerful sorcerers and curses Kan-Ra with a withering rot- a painful dark magic curse that disintegrates flesh and organs slowly… painfully. Writhing in agony, rotting a bit more every day, Kan-Ra is exiled, he and his ambition doomed to wither away into nothingness.

In exile Kan-Ra uses what little knowledge he has gained of magic to slow the rot. While the King assumes him dead, Kan-Ra’s intellect is focused on reversing the rot so that he can have his revenge. He tracks down sorcerers and occultists versed in dark magic, learning what he can. Unable to slow his rot further, he instead places upon himself other curses that work to offset the rot. He seeks out magical artifacts and talismans to ease the pains and ailments these layers of curses cause him, carrying them on him in ever-growing number; a magical balancing act of curses and boons at play throughout his being."

TRAILER: Friday 11/21
    ULTRA RELEASE: Monday 11/24
    COMBO RELEASE: Sunday 11/30 (5PM PST)

"We will also have a live stream on trailer day (next Friday!) to show the character being played and walk everyone through his moveset."

awesome stuff. if you're curious to learn more of whats coming up this season you can check out the most recent update from Adam Isgreen here.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3924.0

B2bDOIHCYAAc6-U.jpg

Adam Isgreen posted this on his twitter page.

Online Warrior Championships Featuring Killer Instinct Episode 2

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/590011212

Alex Valle hosted his 2nd KI online tournament last night which can be found in the link above. There are some awesome matches within this tournament so I would defiantly recommend spending a few minutes to check some out.

Starts at 1:27:00

Much better edits of TJ's and Maya's themes.

• Advertisement

Grudge Match on LevelUp Live: Rico Suave vs Emperor Rebelo

Valle hosted a grudge match on his personal stream Rushdown Live last night.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/590702235

The match begins at around 1:27:00

Advertisement