Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thanks Jan. Hoping for the best.

Rewatching Breaking Bad and Saul has just been introduced. I'd forgotten how great he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Good luck, orim :)

I finally got sick of all the blonde streaks in my hair (hadn't dyed it for nearly a year, so the natural colour was coming through), so it's currently covered in black dye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »
    Thanks Jan. Hoping for the best.

Rewatching Breaking Bad and Saul has just been introduced. I'd forgotten how great he is.

Best of luck on the job :)

What a show, intrigued to see how the spin off is going to pan out could go either way.

Been re watching the Wire the last few weeks herself had never seen it, forgotten how good it is up to season 4 now.

Best of luck on the job :)

What a show, intrigued to see how the spin off is going to pan out could go either way.

Been re watching the Wire the last few weeks herself had never seen it, forgotten how good it is up to season 4 now.

Cheers. I was sceptical of the spin off but I'd forgotten how funny he was at the start. Could be interested in it now.

I also have not seen the Wire :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Orim wrote: »
    Second interview done and it felt good. I think I may have this job. So huzzah for me.

Wel done Bud best of luck!! Had my third interview with a company yesterday!
    Went good im pretty hopeful, they have to do a security background check before i hear back though so will be end of june before i hear anything, bit of a balls but shur.... :)

• Advertisement

third? Jasus I thought two was a pain. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Had to go to the doctor today. They need more blood tests. My thyroid is under active but my doctor doesn't consider it bad enough to put me on medication for the moment. No, for some reason my Epilim (an anti-psychotic drug) levels are very low which is bizarre as I've been taking them religiously.
    My levels are supposed to be around the 50 mark but my last blood test came back as a 7. :O
    More needles, just not of the tattooing kind. *sigh*
    I'm hoping to get my next tat by Christmas if I'm lucky- once I get Comic Con and replacing my mobile out of the way I'm going to start saving.
    Getting very itchy for some new ink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

McChubbin wrote: »
    Had to go to the doctor today. They need more blood tests. My thyroid is under active but my doctor doesn't consider it bad enough to put me on medication for the moment. No, for some reason my Epilim (an anti-psychotic drug) levels are very low which is bizarre as I've been taking them religiously.
    My levels are supposed to be around the 50 mark but my last blood test came back as a 7. :O
    More needles, just not of the tattooing kind. *sigh*
    I'm hoping to get my next tat by Christmas if I'm lucky- once I get Comic Con and replacing my mobile out of the way I'm going to start saving.
    Getting very itchy for some new ink!

That's not good, hope you are alright!! Sending happy thoughts your way!! :)

I'm having a pampering chill out evening tonight. Listening to some evanescence and linkin park at the mo, nostalgia!!

Might shellac my toes, face mask and all that lovely chilling out stuff! Got my hair done today, gave them all my moneys to make the colour pretty again! My cousin is getting married on Thursday, can't wait!!

How are we all??

On the topic of mahwidge... :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm having a lot of fun listening to hilarious nineties/noughties music!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ugh I'm absolutely bollixed and so stressed out... seriously... we're not bad people why the **** does life keep throwing **** at us...
    Looks like my partners mam is going to be in hospital for a lot longer than expected, she really smashed her foot in and was transferred to an orthopaedic hospital for intense physio on it. His dad is in respite for the week but when he comes out he'll go back to caring for him... the ****ing car has decided to bork itself and we're waiting on a phone call any day from Crumlin for Addison's surgery...

I know people have it worse off than us but it's all just coming at the same ****ing time.

Aww no, that's not fair! I completely get that it's a lot to deal with. PM if you need to rant. Hugs xx

Just popped some Sudocrem on my heels. Took a look at them- they're not blisters, they're actual open wounds. D:
    Hurts to stretch my foot and chances are I'll be left with some sizable scars. Boo-urns. Bastarding shoes. I shant be wearing them again in a hurry. :mad:

Jesus, January, that's a horrible run of bad luck all at once :(

Don't think there's anything I can say to make it better, but look after yourself and make sure your fiance does, too. You'll be no use to anybody if you're burning yourselves out. Hopefully things will start to improve soon. X

My hair turned out fairly nicely. Didn't know the bf has a thing for women with black hair, so he's finding me even more attractive :pac: dreading going back to work tomorrow. They've implemented a lot of changes that are making me pretty unhappy in work. But, I haven't found another job yet, so I'll just stick it out.

Jesus, January, that's a horrible run of bad luck all at once :(

Don't think there's anything I can say to make it better, but look after yourself and make sure your fiance does, too. You'll be no use to anybody if you're burning yourselves out. Hopefully things will start to improve soon. X

My hair turned out fairly nicely. Didn't know the bf has a thing for women with black hair, so he's finding me even more attractive :pac: dreading going back to work tomorrow. They've implemented a lot of changes that are making me pretty unhappy in work. But, I haven't found another job yet, so I'll just stick it out.

Can you sat anything about the changes?

kellief wrote: »
    Can you sat anything about the changes?

Nope, I'm only a lowly manager, the changes are by order of the MD. Fcuk it, I'll just work as I normally do and see if they complain. They're hardly gonna fire me anyway, I'm the longest standing staff member and the only one capable of training new people :)

If you're a manager and the longest standing staff member, surely they'd listen?? If they don't they're fecking eejits!

Today is a better day :) Car just needed a new battery thankfully and it only cost us 50 quid. We visited Dave's dad at the care home and the kids got mobbed by a gaggle of grannies :eek: One wouldn't let go of Addison's hand :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Hope ye're well.

Nothing mental here, got informed by the Community Welfare Office this morning that they're cutting my rent allowance. Apparently, doing everything by the books and being legit means nothing to them! I switched from Jobseekers to Casual because I work 1/2 nights at the weekend. They deduct €30 from my social per night I work. But even taking that into consideration, I'm still "earning too much" and so am not entitled to rent allowance!! FFS!! Why bother!!!??? :mad:

Got the car serviced yesterday, the bill was €185 :eek: but at least it's done now for 10,000 miles or June 2015, whichever comes first, so that's something I suppose.

I was in hospital this morning to get something checked out, and I MAY have sleep apnea. I have to get a sleep study done to get sh!t checked out. I don't mind, at least I'll get sleep in there!! :pac: :cool:

And it's tattoo day tomorrow!! WOOO!!! :D

And I'm going to The Voodoo Lounge on Friday to see Avatar. :cool:

And....ah feck it, that's enough for now! :P

January wrote: »
    If you're a manager and the longest standing staff member, surely they'd listen?? If they don't they're fecking eejits!

Today is a better day :) Car just needed a new battery thankfully and it only cost us 50 quid. We visited Dave's dad at the care home and the kids got mobbed by a gaggle of grannies :eek: One wouldn't let go of Addison's hand :eek:
    Kids being mobbed by grannies?? Madness! Glad things are a bit better today!
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    Howdy all. Hope ye're well.

Nothing mental here, got informed by the Community Welfare Office this morning that they're cutting my rent allowance. Apparently, doing everything by the books and being legit means nothing to them! I switched from Jobseekers to Casual because I work 1/2 nights at the weekend. They deduct €30 from my social per night I work. But even taking that into consideration, I'm still "earning too much" and so am not entitled to rent allowance!! FFS!! Why bother!!!??? :mad:

Got the car serviced yesterday, the bill was €185 :eek: but at least it's done now for 10,000 miles or June 2015, whichever comes first, so that's something I suppose.

I was in hospital this morning to get something checked out, and I MAY have sleep apnea. I have to get a sleep study done to get sh!t checked out. I don't mind, at least I'll get sleep in there!! :pac: :cool:

And it's tattoo day tomorrow!! WOOO!!! :D

And I'm going to The Voodoo Lounge on Friday to see Avatar. :cool:

And....ah feck it, that's enough for now! :P

It's always from the people that feckin deserve it that they cut money. People doing nothing and getting loads of money melts my head when you see people that need it getting nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any one know if any shops are doing a Friday the 13th tattoo offers??

Missed the last one in aid of Pieta in Swords.Was thinking of supporting them this time if they are doing it.

January wrote: »

Nah, they don't listen to anyone, they just want us to break consumer laws to make them more money. We're losing a tonne of customers over it :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that today was better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hellrazer wrote: »

Missed the last one in aid of Pieta in Swords.Was thinking of supporting them this time if they are doing it.

Wildcat in Jervis usually do them. Not sure about this week though.

Hellrazer wrote: »

Adiboo wrote: »
    Wildcat in Jervis usually do them. Not sure about this week though.

Swords Ink might still be doing one...if I see anything on FB I'll stick it up here. They usually leave it til last minute to advertise.

Yeah, there's nothing on FB yet anyway :)

Busy weekend ahead.

Seeing the boyfriend tomorrow for morw breaking bad and drinks.

My sister is emigrating so it's her leaving do on Friday.

Other sister's birthday party Saturday.

And father's day.

Going to be so, so poor this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Oh hullo!!

How are we all?

I have news!!! I finally got a start date for my course, start training on the 23rd after a year of 'oh it'll be next month, no wait, the month after that'. Genuinely can't wait to get started and really stuck in! If anyone ever needs a massage or a wax you know where to look!

Oh hullo!!

How are we all?

I have news!!! I finally got a start date for my course, start training on the 23rd after a year of 'oh it'll be next month, no wait, the month after that'. Genuinely can't wait to get started and really stuck in! If anyone ever needs a massage or a wax you know where to look!

Giz a Hollywood, will ya? :)

If anyone ever needs a massage or a wax you know where to look!

Nice one!! Gis a back, sack and crack please!! You might need a hedge trimmer for my back though! :P :pac:

f_200612_december09_165732a.jpg?w=640

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I knew you'd all want the dirty places waxed yiz hounds!!

Advertisement