Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switching from Computing to IT Management?

Options
  • 12-11-2013 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!
    I was just wondering if anyone has any information regarding what is required in switching your degree from Computing to IT management? When it can be done/ when is too late etc? Also is it a crazy idea?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

CakeisLie wrote: »
    Hello!
    I was just wondering if anyone has any information regarding what is required in switching your degree from Computing to IT management? When it can be done/ when is too late etc? Also is it a crazy idea?
    Thanks in advance!

You can do it after first year as first year for computing and IT Management are the same course.

I think you can also change in third year, you would be best off talking to Barry Feeney about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You can do it after first year as first year for computing and IT Management are the same course.

I think you can also change in third year, you would be best off talking to Barry Feeney about it

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 burkie4

Can anyone help a 2nd year mature student studying Computer Systems Management
    who's struggling a bit with some of the subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For the OP, get onto Barry asap. Would email him, give him 2 days and then knock into his office if no reply.
    burkie4 wrote: »
    Can anyone help a 2nd year mature student studying Computer Systems Management
    who's struggling a bit with some of the subjects

Best bet is ask your lecturer if they know of any 3rd/4th years who are good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

good luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

good luck with that.

Just ask for an appointment. You should be able to talk to him around early 2043.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

theGavin wrote: »
    Just ask for an appointment. You should be able to talk to him around early 2043.

For part time students he is a nightmare to get hold of,
    I remember literally calling his office 20+ times in the space of two weeks,
    leaving around 5 voice messages and emailing him around 5 times also,
    never heard anything back.

I even took time off work (I work fulltime) to go into the college during the day to try catch him at his office and he wasn't around.

I eventually caught him in the corridor one of the the evenings I was in there for class. I have also been trying to contact him for a different query now for the last three weeks, I've literally given up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 McIrish_

That guy is almost impossible to contact. When I was back in IT Tallaght I had a meeting with him within my first week.Basically I had difficulty with my name because on my CAO form it was as Gaeilge and I wanted it in English. So basically there was a complete mixup with who I was....it's a really long story..... So I got stuck in my earlier weeks. I had no idea what group I was in as he never assigned me a group (even tough he said that he would sort it out that week) After emailing him twice I got no feedback. I missed about 2 weeks before
    he finally assigned me to a group.

Advertisement