Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MOTO GP 2012

• 27-02-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Whats anyones thoughts for the new season.... Are the Honda sgoing to be all dominating????. what will Rossi be up to???.... will spies and lorenzo bring enough to develop the yamaha?? What about the CRT bikes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I think it will be stoner again this year,also i think rossi might be more hungary than ever this year hope he gets the duke working.randy de punae might surprise us a cople of times on his CRT aprila.looking forward to this years season, it be like when i started to watch it first hopefully there will be plenty of battles right trough the grid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

It'll be between Stoner and Lorenzo again imo.

We should have a clearer idea of where the Ducati is after this weeks test but I'm not expecting much maybe some podiums this year but that will be it, hope I'm wrong though.

The Aprilia CRT is looking promising and could be nipping at the heels of the satellite bikes after a couple of races the rest of them have a long way to go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭B bopp

not sure if the yamaha will be there... Rossi will definitely be hungry. as much as it annoys me to say it i think this is his last chance..... Randy is the worlds greatest pilot who never finished a race... age might have tamed him a bit and the cost of fixing the bikes apparently

I think the Yamaha will be a bit like last year with not quite the ultimate pace of the Honda but over race distance they should be close enough.

some of the italian gossip/sport magzines reckon MR HONDA will have a bike for rossi if he wants to walk away from ducati,cant see it happening myslef,also heard paul birds CRT kawasaki kept blowing there engines when they fitted seramic disks ,seems the engine oil rushed to the head and notting in the sump when they excelerated out of the coners....BOOM:eek:

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    some of the italian gossip/sport magzines reckon MR HONDA will have a bike for rossi if he wants to walk away from ducati,cant see it happening myslef,

not a hope i would say Honda are loving Rossi's situation atm

also heard paul birds CRT kawasaki kept blowing there engines when they fitted seramic disks ,seems the engine oil rushed to the head and notting in the sump when they excelerated out of the coners....BOOM:eek:

Hadn't heard that pretty crazy how powerful carbon ceramic brakes are, would of thought something like baffles would have sorted a problem like that

not a chance that rossi would go back to honda after how they treated him in the end......theres a chance he would get on a yamaha, but again i doubt it... Ceramic brakes are savage its like throwing out an anchor literally...

How do you think Bradle will do this year on the honda could he be a dark horse for a top 3 finish???
    will abraham be on a works ducati next year if nicky doesent have a good seasion...
    hope dovi realy sticks it to repsol and rides the wheels off the tech 3

Bradl is a cracking pilot.. he should do ok... i dont think the jump from moto 2 to moto gp is as big as the jump was before from 250's so he shouldn't go through the crash bandicoot stage of coming to motogp. Dont think abraham is worth a full factory ride.. i'm not in the camp of " only for his daddy" stuff but i don't think he would get a factory ride on his own merits..if ducati are smart they will be looking hard at moto 2 this year and try and poach marquez away from honda and have the repsol sponsorship to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

My thoughts (based on what I've read/heard)....

Rossi has a bike he can ride. It might not be a threat to the Honda's, but he reckons he can push a lot harder than he did last year.

Spies could/should be able to give Lorenzo a run for his money. The 1000cc's suits him better. He's been flying in the practice sessions.

Lorenzo has a team mate that could threaten him and so has a lot to prove.

Stoner will more than likely dominate the season.

The CRT teams may end up being mobile chicanes which could make the racing interesting when the front runner catch up to the back-markers.

The only man who could have potentially f**ked it up for any and all of these was Simoncelli, and unfortunately his career was cut short. :(

Bautista has his ride now, and if it's the same machinery (as in factory bike in satellite colours) he could be a dark horse.

All I can say is ROLL ON THE 8TH OF APRIL!!!!!!!!! :cool:

• Advertisement

really don't rate bautista.... a hangeron at best....spies could be the man this year alright...

B bopp wrote: »
    really don't rate bautista.... a hangeron at best....spies could be the man this year alright...

I didn't either TBH, but I thought he was pretty impressive for the best part, especially toward the end of the season. It's a case of waiting to see what he does. I doubt he'll be a danger to anyone, but I reckon he'll be up there.

As for Spies - God I hope so. I love the guy's riding style and he was robbed that win by Stoner!! He should have had two wins under his belt now.

Bradl is a cracking pilot.. he should do ok... i dont think the jump from moto 2 to moto gp is as big as the jump was before from 250's so he shouldn't go through the crash bandicoot stage of coming to motogp. Dont think abraham is worth a full factory ride.. i'm not in the camp of " only for his daddy" stuff but i don't think he would get a factory ride on his own merits..if ducati are smart they will be looking hard at moto 2 this year and try and poach marquez away from honda and have the repsol sponsorship to boot.
    As far as i know marquez is a contracted honda rider and that is why they kept him in moto 2, dani pedrosa contract is finished this year leaving the door open for marquez he would have to ride a costomer honda but it would still be in repsol colours, honda dont want to rush marquez as they did with pedrosa,i dont think ducati have the cash to poach him from honda.

spies has to win 3 or more races this year to keep his factory ride part of his contract with yamaha

actually sorry lads have to retract a previous statement about bautista... it was barbera i was thinking of.... bautista was unlucky last year with injuries and that bleedin suzuki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

As far as i know marquez is a contracted honda rider and that is why they kept him in moto 2, dani pedrosa contract is finished this year leaving the door open for marquez he would have to ride a costomer honda but it would still be in repsol colours, honda dont want to rush marquez as they did with pedrosa,i dont think ducati have the cash to poach him from honda.

Marquez isnt a contracted Honda rider he's a Repsol sponsored rider. He was free to move to any team in the paddock this year and even though there were MotoGP contracts on offer he decided to stay in Moto2, it wasnt Honda making the decision. Of course it does seem that Honda have made a promise to hire him next year.

As far as Dani is concerned how did Honda rush him into the premier class? He spent three years in 125s and two in 250s and won three titles. There was no reason to keep him in 250s for another year

marquez will have to bulk up a bit to ride the 1000's i always get that feeling that pedrosa wouldn't have suffered the same level of injuries if he was a little more substantial

frostie500 wrote: »
    Marquez isnt a contracted Honda rider he's a Repsol sponsored rider. He was free to move to any team in the paddock this year and even though there were MotoGP contracts on offer he decided to stay in Moto2, it wasnt Honda making the decision. Of course it does seem that Honda have made a promise to hire him next year.

As far as Dani is concerned how did Honda rush him into the premier class? He spent three years in 125s and two in 250s and won three titles. There was no reason to keep him in 250s for another year
    As i said i tought he was a contracted honda rider i stand corected.
    I think honda rushed dani in to the premier class because repsol wanted a spanish rider in the team i dont think he was ready

actually sorry lads have to retract a previous statement about bautista... it was barbera i was thinking of.... bautista was unlucky last year with injuries and that bleedin suzuki

Yes, that makes more sense alright. Don't like Barbera at all!

marquez will have to bulk up a bit to ride the 1000's i always get that feeling that pedrosa wouldn't have suffered the same level of injuries if he was a little more substantial

It would help immensely if Pedrosa wasn't made of feckin' porcelain!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wonder if this is pedrosa last year at a shot of winning the champonship

yup... and i don't think he has a snowballs chance...too many other realistic candidates

Wonder if this is pedrosa last year at a shot of winning the champonship
    yup... and i don't think he has a snowballs chance...too many other realistic candidates

As much as I like the guy (although my estimation of the guy went down after the Simoncelli incident after Le Mans last year when he wouldn't shake Simo's hand) and he IS quick, but he's too inconsistent. He will be runner up this year again, and that's about it.

wonder does he regret not shaking his hand... i would think normally lorenzo would feel bad about the stuff he caused with simo last year but he's too much of a ****...

I think alberto puig had a lot to do with dani not shaking simo's hand :mad:

wonder does he regret not shaking his hand... i would think normally lorenzo would feel bad about the stuff he caused with simo last year but he's too much of a ****...

Well I know in the book of condolences at Simo's funeral, Lorenzo signed it saying (among other things) "I'm sorry we had words". As much as I hate the f**king weasel, at least he had the decency to do that. As for Dani, I reckon he regrets it alright. He was just pissed off, but he's not a b0llix by nature.

Who do you think might be the surprise of 2012

God, that's a tough one!! Stoner not crying or whinging would be a HUGE surprise! :pac: As for riders - I reckon Rossi fighting back, Spies doing REALLY well or Bautista mixing it up with the front runners.

What do you reckon yourself?

God, that's a tough one!! Stoner not crying or whinging would be a HUGE surprise! :pac: As for riders - I reckon Rossi fighting back, Spies doing REALLY well or Bautista mixing it up with the front runners.

What do you reckon yourself?

Definitely agree with you about the whinging aussie. ha ha ha. dovi on the tech 3. Spies will be interesting. Can't wait to see the difference between the prototypes and the CRT. bikes. will it really be 2-3 seconds a lap.

• Advertisement

Definitely agree with you about the whinging aussie. ha ha ha. dovi on the tech 3. Spies will be interesting. Can't wait to see the difference between the prototypes and the CRT. bikes. will it really be 2-3 seconds a lap.

I believe (unless things have changed) that it could be as much as 4 seconds per lap difference!!

Yeah, Dovi on the Tech 3 will be interesting. Crutchlow better pull something out of his arse or Dovi WILL show him up!!!! Pity they had to lose Edwards though. He didn't really do much, but what a bloke!!!!!!!!!! :D

Advertisement